If you were to try Princess only once...

miketheExbaker

With the being so many ships in the Princess fleet......how should I choose just one ship? This is considering, with other trips planned I will only get the chance to try Princess once in the next 5 years. There are a lot of places in the world I have yet to see, so itinerary falls secondary to ship in this case.

Princess regulars...What is your FAVE ship?

With the being so many ships in the Princess fleet......how should I choose just one ship? This is considering, with other trips planned I will only get the chance to try Princess once in the next 5 years. There are a lot of places in the world I have yet to see, so itinerary falls secondary to ship in this case.

Princess regulars...What is your FAVE ship?

Any Princess ship that has a full walk around promenade deck and aft /wake view cabins.....:):):)

Bob

I don't understand your premise. Why would itinerary fall second to ship if, as you claim, there are lots of places in the world you want to see? So pick one of those places and then go with whatever ship sails there. It doesn't go me any good if the Pacific Princess is my favourite ship if, for example, she's sailing in Alaska and I don't want to go to Alaska.

I don't understand your premise. Why would itinerary fall second to ship if, as you claim, there are lots of places in the world you want to see? So pick one of those places and then go with whatever ship sails there. It doesn't go me any good if the Pacific Princess is my favourite ship if, for example, she's sailing in Alaska and I don't want to go to Alaska.

I just want to experience the best of what Princess has to offer. Like I said, it doesn't matter where it goes.

Concur, Coral, but go soon before she follows sister ship Island to dry dock and is seriously modified to accommodate more pax, sacrificing some of her best features in the process.

However, Coral is not a typical Princess ship. If someone wants the "typical Princess experience", then they should should choose one of the newer, bigger vessels.

Despite the above, I would actually choose the destination, time of year, etc., first, and then look for a ship.

John

Edited by J-D

Questions like this, with all due respect to the OP, are like asking "what's the best candy bar" or "which restaurant chain makes the best pizza". There are a lot of factors to consider when asking which Princess Cruises ship is the best: not the least is, have you cruised before - ever; what is important to you; what do you like to do, eat, watch, and enjoy.

There are some important variations in the main classes of ships within Princess Cruises that make them unique, better, or maybe, not as good to others, based on the amenities and features of the ship. Island Princess and Coral Princess have things that the Ruby Princess and Emerald Princess don't, and visa-versa. Royal Princess and Regal Regal are the newest, biggest, and "flashiest", but lack some features important to others. Pacific Princess and Ocean Princess are on their way out, but are "heads-and-shoulders above the rest" favorites among those who like the "small ship" experience.

There is no "right answer" to this question that we can offer without knowing more information from you, and about you. I can shout out "my favorite ship" answers all day long, but without knowing more details....

;)

Ruby. She's the newest with a great design.

Great ship, but not the newest.

I think the post was saying that the Ruby has a great design and is the newest ship to have that design.

There are newer ships, but not with that "great design."

Pacific or Ocean Princess. Small ship sailing. Ocean won't be long with Princess and who knows how long Pacific has left.

Or you could try one of the old little girls Sea, Sun and Dawn Princess.

My favourite is the Diamond Princess.

We have been exclusively RCI Cruises and are Diamond Plus Status.

We are signed up for a 5 night "Caribbean Sampler" cruise on January 18th on the Emerald Princess.

JEE050lg_zpst6e7vnna.jpg

We are looking forward to trying out Princess Cruise Lines... thumbsup_zps5d13f512.gif

What is really funny is that all the changes and loss of service/goodies people are complaining about on the RCI Boards are pretty much the same things people here on the Princess Boards seem to be complaining about.

As we move from an RCI Ship to a Princess Ship, we will smile and wave as we pass the people moving from a Princess Ship to an RCI Ship.

cheers2_zpsnqeojz7v.gif

We are signed up for a 5 night "Caribbean Sampler" cruise on January 18th on the Emerald Princess.

JEE050lg_zpst6e7vnna.jpg

We are looking forward to trying out Princess Cruise Lines... thumbsup_zps5d13f512.gif

What is really funny is that all the changes and loss of service/goodies people are complaining about on the RCI Boards are pretty much the same things people here on the Princess Boards seem to be complaining about.

As we move from an RCI Ship to a Princess Ship, we will smile and wave as we pass the people moving from a Princess Ship to an RCI Ship.

cheers2_zpsnqeojz7v.gif

Sorry, but you wont ever get me on a RCI cruise again. IOTS was just awful. However, Celebrity is more like Princess with their own twist.

You're funny.............answering a question that the OP didn't ask and then proposing your own. :p

Happy and safe cruising!!

We are looking forward to trying out Princess Cruise Lines...

My best advice is to not be overly critical when you "compare", but take Emerald Princess on her own merits. The Grand-class are fine ships; sort of like a boutique hotel with exotic and period-themed public spaces. There's an intimate feel about these ships, and no where near as open and expansive feeling as the Independence-class ships. I did a B2B on Allure of the Seas and Ruby Princess (sister to Emerald Princess) and made the mistake of being too critical when "comparing". Big mistake.

Go and have a really great cruise!

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Pacific or Ocean Princess. Small ship sailing. Ocean won't be long with Princess and who knows how long Pacific has left.

Or you could try one of the old little girls Sea, Sun and Dawn Princess.

My favourite is the Diamond Princess.

I agree with the Ocean or Pacific; the small ship experience is unique. The chance to really get to know both crew members and fellow passengers is a true bonus.

But, I agree more with those who have advised to go by itinerary first. The Ocean for the British Isles was our second best cruise. The absolute best was the Star Princess for a Baltic cruise. The combination of the ports and the fact that it was our 30th anniversary just made that cruise stand out.

Welcome to Princess Trainman...I have enjoyed many of your "Lives" on RCI :) hope you & Judith enjoy the Emerald as it is one of our favorites :D

Edited by TLC535