Would you rather take one 10-night cruise, or two 5-nighters?

lt9921

Sort of a weird question, but just wanted to post this to see what people thought...

I was considering either a 10 night Serenade cruise or a 9 night Anthem cruise. I was torn because I love the Radiance class ships and traditional cruising, but the Anthem looks like a wonderful ship... So someone in my family suggested we take two shorter cruises, a 5 Night on Anthem to Bermuda and a 5 Night on Brilliance to Key West and Cozumel. I thought this was an interesting idea, but I've never been on a cruise that was shorter than 7 nights, and I was afraid that a 5 nighter would be too short. So I'd love to here your opinions, what would you rather do? Do you think it would be worth it to take two shorter cruises in order to experience both types of ships? Or would you rather just take one longer cruise and miss out on one of the experiences?

Not really worried about the prices, but just curious what people thought! :) I'd love to hear your opinions!

Edited by lt9921

Sort of a weird question, but just wanted to post this to see what people thought...

I was considering either a 10 night Serenade cruise or a 9 night Anthem cruise. I was torn because I love the Radiance class ships and traditional cruising, but the Anthem looks like a wonderful ship... So someone in my family suggested we take two shorter cruises, a 5 Night on Anthem to Bermuda and a 5 Night on Brilliance to Key West and Cozumel. I thought this was an interesting idea, but I've never been on a cruise that was shorter than 7 nights, and I was afraid that a 5 nighter would be too short. So I'd love to here your opinions, what would you rather do? Do you think it would be worth it to take two shorter cruises in order to experience both types of ships? Or would you rather just take one longer cruise and miss out on one of the experiences?

Not really worried about the prices, but just curious what people thought! :) I'd love to hear your opinions!

I've done two ships before with a hotel day in between and it's a lot of fun! If you're into that kind of adventure I'd say go for it.

I'm guessing the Serenade itinerary is the Southern Caribbean next year? Fantastic ports of call. I can tell you that in my opinion Quantum Class is a morph of Radiance + Celebrity, so if you like Radiance, you may fall equally in love with Anthem. So what do you want to cruise for... the ports or the ship? If you're selecting your cruise strictly for the ship, Anthem 150 million percent hands down is the choice imo. For the ports, same percentage go on Serenade as that itinerary is awesome.

I will also say that Anthem is no where close to being anything like any other RCL experience you may know. If you expect to go on Anthem and feel like you're on any other RCL ship, you won't. It's completely different in all aspects. So if you don't like change, if you don't like decision making (ie. making dinner reservations, making entertainment reservation), if you don't like the idea of dynamic dining, then absolutely 100% do not go on Anthem. If you like change, if you like excitement, if you like the idea of meeting new people everyday and trying new food everyday, and if you like the idea of amazing new bells and whistles, then 100% go on Anthem.

Whichever you choose have a great cruise! :D

I will probably be in the minority...but I'd take the 2 5nt cruises...we did the Brilliance Key West & Cozumel just a couple weeks ago...loved it!!

Would love to do a short cruise on Anthem...but airfare from Florida makes it a bit to expensive for me right now...

Just home from a 5 night on the Brillliance too and it was really nice. However, I live 20 minutes from the port :)

If you have to fly I would do the 10 night!

If I chose to do the two 5 nighters, I'd have to fly for the Brilliance, but not for the Anthem. :) Usually, I try to take the longest cruise possible, but the idea of experiencing two different classes of ship grabbed my attention. I know that I'd love the Brilliance cruise, and I'd be able to sail out of Tampa for the first time and visit KW for the first time. And I know it would be very cool to experience the Anthem, and if it turns out that it's not for us, its only for 5 days! :D Plus, I've never sailed from NJ, and I've never been to Bermuda either! :)

I guess it's good to have options!

Edited by lt9921

I'd take Serenade just because she's a Radiance Class ship. They're my favorite in the RCI fleet. I just don't have any interest in the newer or bigger ships anymore so I'd avoid Anthem, but that's just me.

If this choice was set before me, I would pick 10 nights... hands down. We did an 11 nighter on Norwegian Dawn a few years ago. I loved the uninterrupted pampering of no packing, no laundry, no cooking, no cleaning, all while seeing so many islands. I agree that the Southern ports are great! So, if you are indeed looking at the southern itinerary, that is a double bonus.

Beware though... a 7 nighter starts feeling "short" once you do a longer cruise. :D

If this choice was set before me, I would pick 10 nights... hands down. We did an 11 nighter on Norwegian Dawn a few years ago. I loved the uninterrupted pampering of no packing, no laundry, no cooking, no cleaning, all while seeing so many islands. I agree that the Southern ports are great! So, if you are indeed looking at the southern itinerary, that is a double bonus.

Beware though... a 7 nighter starts feeling "short" once you do a longer cruise. :D

7 night cruise is already too short and that's the most nights I've spent onboard!:D Lol

I would love to do a 10 or 12 nighter but there's that work thing :o. When I retire though for sure!

I'd go for the longer cruise, or two shorter cruises only if they were a B2B in the same stateroom. Don't want to have to pack and unpack again.

Me as well. If there are extra travel costs would also be a factor for me.

Wow, I'm going to be in the minority here. My answer is just regarding

2 five night cruises vs 1 longer cruise. I would do the two cruises.

My husband and I love the planning and anticipation of the cruise.

We get just as excited for a little 3 nighter as we do a 14 nighter.

Sure they the vibe is different depending on the length of a cruise

but we don't get twice as more excited for the longer ones. Now if

you want to get into the different ships, itineraries, airfares, costs,

etc., that's a different discussion. But I would rather cruise more often

than use up all of my vacation days in one shot. JMHO:)

Good question I am in the same boat, I am considering a 10 day or 2 7 b2b pricing similar but instead on anthem could be on adventure or oasis.

Probably going b2b just because of ports/iten

I'd have to go with the 14 days.:)

If it were me, I'd do the longer cruise for two reasons. First, it sounds like the shorter cruises are filled with discount/party travelers and I like to avoid that atmosphere. Second, the cost to fly to a port and stay in a hotel is an added cost that I would prefer to do only once. This is of course not based on experience and purely on assumption :)

The Anthem will be out of Bayonne and the Brilliance out of Tampa. Are you debating on whether to do the 2 five day cruises at two different times throughout the year? I personally enjoy the longer cruises but if the cost is similar and this gives you a chance to experience two different itineraries on two different ships go for it!

I would do the longer cruise. We took our first 12 day cruise last year and after to normal 7 days I was happy to realize, 'Wow, I still have 5 days left.'

I would not want to switch everything in the middle and have to pack and unpack and then do two life boat drills.