May "sale" - check your bookings for price drop

[quote name='Ashland'][B][B]In addition I got D+ discount, BOGO and May discount of $75.00 off my D1 for this September Alaska. Also booked a few weeks ago (and the D1's have been sold out for awhile and still are... so this was a surprise when I called yesterday). Very happy with my discounts and am sorry some are having problems.[/B][/QUOTE]

The issue is the promo is advertising $100 off for a balcony and calculating it AFTER BOGOHO and only giving folks $75 which is what you got for your Alaska cruise, not the $100 as stated in the promo.

[quote name='molly361']The issue is the promo is advertising $100 off for a balcony and calculating it AFTER BOGOHO and only giving folks $75 which is what you got for your Alaska cruise, not the $100 as stated in the promo.[/quote]

Agree.....my bookings were all BOGO and this is how pricing shows on the invoice. JS category...$100 credit for each passenger making discount for passenger ONE the amount of your balcony disc and $100 Celebrate Save.

Passenger 2 also got the $100 Celebrate Save but it is [B]subtracted[/B] from the Cruise Fare [B]first, [/B]then they took 1/2 of that fare as the BOGO fare. Figuring it that way we got $150 discount, not $200. Not quite as I thought it would be......but pleased to get $150. Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

[quote name='molly361']The issue is the promo is advertising $100 off for a balcony and calculating it AFTER BOGOHO and only giving folks $75 which is what you got for your Alaska cruise, not the $100 as stated in the promo.[/quote]
[B]Darn...you mean I should have gotten $100.00 off for my Alaska...and here I was glad to get anything since there were no cabins in my catagory :eek: [/B]

[B]Has anyone managed to get the $100.00 off and how :confused::confused:[/B]

[quote name='suzyluvs2cruise']Agree.....my bookings were all BOGO and this is how pricing shows on the invoice. JS category...$100 credit for each passenger making discount for passenger ONE the amount of your balcony disc and $100 Celebrate Save.

Passenger 2 got the $100 Celebrate Save but it is [B]subtracted[/B] from the Cruise Fare [B]first, [/B]then they took 1/2 of that fare as the BOGO fare. Figuring it that way we got $150 discount, not $200. Not quite as I thought it would be......but pleased to get $150.[/quote]
[B]I'm confused...but glad in the end to get any discount ;)[/B]

[quote name='suzyluvs2cruise']Agree.....my bookings were all BOGO and this is how pricing shows on the invoice. JS category...$100 credit for each passenger making discount for passenger ONE the amount of your balcony disc and $100 Celebrate Save.

Passenger 2 also got the $100 Celebrate Save but it is [B]subtracted[/B] from the Cruise Fare [B]first, [/B]then they took 1/2 of that fare as the BOGO fare. Figuring it that way we got $150 discount, not $200. Not quite as I thought it would be......but pleased to get $150.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ashland'][B]Darn...you mean I should have gotten $100.00 off for my Alaska...and here I was glad to get anything since there were no cabins in my catagory :eek: [/B]

[B]Has anyone managed to get the $100.00 off and how :confused::confused:[/B][/QUOTE]

It's another misleading Promo from RCL. I have not heard of anyone getting the full $50 or $100. Someone was going to call RCL and report back what they find out about why it is being calculated that way

[quote name='Ashland']
[B]In addition I got D+ discount, BOGO and May discount of $75.00 off my D1 for this September Alaska. Also booked a few weeks ago (and the D1's have been sold out for awhile and still are... so this was a surprise when I called yesterday). Very happy with my discounts and am sorry some are having problems.[/B][/quote]

Now it's my turn to be confused. Happy you got the discount but curious how they figured it when there weren't any cabins available to price in your category. We have b2b cruises on Jewel in Sept but with no cabins available to price I was told NO.
:confused: Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

[quote name='suzyluvs2cruise']Now it's my turn to be confused. Happy you got the discount but curious how they figured it when there weren't any cabins available to price in your category. We have b2b cruises on Jewel in Sept but with no cabins available to price I was told NO.
:confused:[/quote]
[B]This confused me too at the time..some on these boards have said there must have been a cabin available...but I don't think so...I have constantly checked and was checking while on the phone with the rep on the D+ desk and none were showing. My sail date is Sept 4, 2015 Sawyer Glacier and it has been booked up for awhile only some suites and one lower catagory balcony available. So not sure how the rep did it but was glad he did. He also got a $38.00 reduction off my son's FOV (same cruise) and those are gone too. Computer glitch (RCI said) last Suday night and one FOV popped up available to book for 3 passengers and I put a hold on it and got them to transfer it next morning...Thanks RCI :)[/B]

I have stopped trying to figure out the RCI promos. All I know is that after doing a mock rebooking, it showed I needed to call. C&A picked up right away and I saved $75 on each cruise.

No need to check on our spring 2016 cruise as the price of the cruise has gone double pp over what we booked it for. We nabbed an aft corner balcony for 5 nights on Brilliance for $439 pp in a D1. Looking forward to our 1st aft. Edited by cruisingsince94

[quote name='molly361']They just re-priced our cruise fare. I don't believe that the port fees and taxes change if you keep the same booking number. Give whomever you booked with a call and see what they can do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! I called back & explained to the new agent that what I was told this morning didn't make sense and you're right. He told me the taxes/fees are locked in at what I paid, so my son & I did get a small price drop. Every little bit helps. :-)

I called my TA back and told him that what RCCL was not true because I checked again and there is still 1 cabin left in my category. He called again and they said I was correct however if they reprice my cruise I'll lose the 300 OBC. I certainly don't want to lose the OBC. I guess when I'm looking at prices it has to save me more than 300 or it wont make sense.

If you are a C&A member, be sure to sign in. My cruise date had a slight price drop due to the $25/pp 'Celebrate Save' plus a $266 C&A discount that I was totally unaware of, so the total price drop was just over $300.

When I was not signed in, no $266. It only appeared when I signed in.

[quote name='cruisinrealtor']I called my TA back and told him that what RCCL was not true because I checked again and there is still 1 cabin left in my category. He called again and they said I was correct however if they reprice my cruise I'll lose the 300 OBC. I certainly don't want to lose the OBC. I guess when I'm looking at prices it has to save me more than 300 or it wont make sense.[/QUOTE]

That is correct about losing your OBC- We lost $50 WOW OBC but got the new military $25 credit, long story short we still saved a little money Edited by molly361

[quote name='cruisinrealtor']I called my TA back and told him that what RCCL was not true because I checked again and there is still 1 cabin left in my category. He called again and they said I was correct however if they reprice my cruise I'll lose the 300 OBC. I certainly don't want to lose the OBC. I guess when I'm looking at prices it has to save me more than 300 or it wont make sense.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. You would lose any of your original promos, including OBC if you rebook. We booked with RCL agent directly and he mentioned this as well when explaining price drops.

I don't think I will EVER understand RCCL pricing. We were able to save a lot on two cruises, but both were recently booked when they just came out.

Ovation of the Sea's May 3, 2016 sailing, got our 2nd price drop today, and have a total saving's of $1000 from original booked price (Cat Q)

Rhapsody of the Sea's July 25, 2016 sailing, saved over $500 from original booked total, plus was able to upgrade our two side by side inside rooms, to Cat H connecting ocean view cabins. Could have saved $500 more if we stayed inside, but preferred connecting door, and occupancy rules didn't allow us to qualify for booking Cat K with only two people.

What REALLY confuses me, is it only cost me $200 more for two rooms, as opposed to one room with triple occupancy. Edited by whycruisewhynot

There is no way to break the RC random generating pricing "code". This code is rumored to be designed by the web design IT department.

This group has magically developed a way to change a $100 discount into $75

Oh well......at least its a price drop. The OP

someone asked if anyone got the full 100.00 off per stateroom and I think I can answer yes.
I have 2 staterooms balcony D1 and D2 for FOS , Feb 2016.
I phoned yesterday and now have 93.00 off each stateroom, but that is Canadian so I think that would be 100.00 USA. Hard to say because RCC does not make it easy to figure you currency exchange on their sites.

But something strange happened to me, I posted on about page 3 of this thread that I got 93.00 off 1 stateroom and 200.00 off the other.
Well that is what they told me on phone, I was very happy and even asked the girl why such a big difference and she said something about different categories.
These look identical except for a pull out sofa in one room and probably just a chair or love seat in other. 9300 and 9302

well 5 min. later I received the email with the new reductions and it showed 93.00 on each room, so I phoned again and explained my situation, this new girl says yes she can see the confusion and it was that they could not email out the right documents but she agreed with discounts of 93.00 + 200.00

said I had to talk to resolutions to get them to print the right ones for me, they came on and said no the 93.00 each room in Canadian was the right one. Of course I argued that they made the error on phone and should honor what they told me but I got no where.

So I now have 93.00 off each room.

[quote name='LuCruise']That makes sense. [B]You would lose any of your original promos,[/B] including OBC if you rebook. We booked with RCL agent directly and he mentioned this as well when explaining price drops.[/quote]

It might depend on what the promo is.

[quote name='FloridaPalms']Thanks for your reply. I'll be calling this weekend and will let you know.

~ Judy[/QUOTE]

I called and was told that the BOGOHO is calculated AFTER deducting any credits.

RCL giveth and then taketh away.:rolleyes:

[quote name='Peeker28']I'm confused as to why there's such a difference in the amount everyone is receiving. I have an D3 booked and only received $37 off. How are some getting$75?[/QUOTE]

Compare the BOGOHO discounts on the original invoice to the new invoice. My previous cruise was $1069pp with a BOGOHO discount of $535 (50% off). The new invoice shows the BOGOHO discount at $510.

Summary: RC is not giving me a true 50% reduction on passenger 2, but they are adding another $50pp discount for the May "sale". For some reason you are not getting this same $50pp discount. Let me know what your invoice amounts are