May "sale" - check your bookings for price drop

I see you're in the UK - bookings outside the US/Canada are not eligible for price drops. We had this same issue on our first RCI cruise, which we booked through a local travel agent here in Australia.

We solved this problem by booking with a US travel agent for all cruises after that. Yes there are some hurdles with the time difference, but we receive great service, some OBC and we have had a number of price drops.

Hi,

I am thinking of doing this in the future because we have booked two cruises through Aus TA and therefore not eligible for any of these drops - what online company do you use and trust?

Thanks.

I just looked and it's $127.00 less so I called my TA he said he called rccl and they said there are no more rooms in my category left. I just checked and there is still 1 room left and I can still see where the price is lower. Is there anything I can do?

I just looked and it's $127.00 less so I called my TA he said he called rccl and they said there are no more rooms in my category left. I just checked and there is still 1 room left and I can still see where the price is lower. Is there anything I can do?

You could do a courtesy hold showing the price and send the hold # to your TA to deal with RCL?

Aussiecruiser--

I do not think anyone can give out a TA name and number on this forum.

Edited by CVU

Sounds like I am the only one that booked under the BOGOBEV deal last weekend. I got an alert on the $37 price drop this morning but gaining $74 and losing $200 with re-pricing doesn't sound too sporty to me.

Ultimately, I think I have come to learn that RCCL will give you $250 off the book price (for 2). The only difference is how you want to take it. (OBC, Beverage discount, straight off price, etc.)

Thanks for the heads up re the drops. I saved $75 on my Indy cruise and $50 on my Liberty cruise - not a ton, but not bad for 10 minutes on the phone. :)

My Harmony cruise stayed the same, and my category is sold out on Anthem so I can't tell there. But hey, I'll take what i can get!

$37 total for 2 in PR Cabin on Liberty 12/6/15. First price drop a few weeks ago was $20 total. I'm not complaining. Didn't think there would be any price drops, even small ones this far out.

Interiors now $491, PR $525. Don't know about suites or balcony.

I will never understand what is combinable and what can be lost. CC is a wonderful resource to find out the latest in the cruise industry. Love reading about so many experiences, so many different scenarios. I have learned things on this board that travel agents and RCI customer service reps were unware of. Crazy!

No same cabin category left for my August cruise on Liberty unfortunately.

Out of curiosity is there a price that people aim for when booking a cruise i.e price per night for a specific cabin grade. I used to aim for £200 per night for two of us in a balcony cabin (roughly $300), does anyone else do something similar? I think i've found a great price on Allure for April 2016 but just want to reassure myself!

Out of curiosity is there a price that people aim for when booking a cruise i.e price per night for a specific cabin grade. I used to aim for £200 per night for two of us in a balcony cabin (roughly $300), does anyone else do something similar? I think i've found a great price on Allure for April 2016 but just want to reassure myself!

It depends on the time of year you are sailing. Our Oasis balcony for November comes out to roughly $250 a night, plus we got a $400 OBC when we booked. It is substantially higher now, and I doubt we will see any lower prices.

It always pays to check though. We got about a $1,000 price drop on our Panama Canal cruise last year.

Called my TA and they're not getting the same "lower" price that I'm getting online. They're calling RCCL now to see why. Crossing my fingers...

Thank you for the heads up though!!!

My cruise buddy is having the same problem with one of our bookings. I just went to their website and created a mock booking and emailed it to her so she can get the reduction. :rolleyes: You may want to do the same. Or send a screen shot from the cruise line site.

Our other booking is with RCI direct (I booked it on board the Brilliance last week) and that took all of 1 minute on the phone to get the reduction applied :)

That is kind of weird that a lot of these drops are the same as ours, around either $35-$38 or $75. I believe the promo states the drops start at $50 or $100 per stateroom. Guess prices got adjusted again:rolleyes:

The Celebrate and Save offer clearly states $50, $100, $200 (depending on category) per stateroom. But when it allocates it between 1st and 2nd guest, it gives 2nd guest only HALF of the savings (BOGOHO fare and then only BOGOHO SAVINGS??!!). Before any balcony discount, a JS is showing $100 for 1st and $50 for 2nd, a balcony as $50/$25 and an OV as $25/$12 (or $13). And, as stated on this thread, lots of people have posted how they called and got drops of $38 or $75 or $150. So it is not just the website that is causing this 25% loss of the savings offer but the computers being used by Royal's reps.

Has anyone questioned Royal about this?

Also, when I click on the T&C of the Celebrate and Save offer, it clearly states "Savings offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts." And when I first did online mock bookings around 12:10am yesterday (right after the new offer was posted), the discount was showing as either my C&A balcony discount or the savings offer (when I was logged out) but not both.

However, because of posts by suzyluvs2cruise on the Let's All Hope thread saying it WAS combinable, I just did a mock booking again on a cruise I've been considering and it is giving me both! I cancelled and renewed my complementary hold at the lower price on two balcony cabins for that cruise and will call to book. But I was wondering if I should also push for the FULL savings amount or just be happy I can combine 75% of it with my balcony discount.

Has anyone received the FULL $100 savings for balcony (or $200 for suite) AND the C&A balcony discount?

~ Judy

Not sure if it helps oyu but check the price on the next category up. We could have moved to the highest level inside for less than our current CAT N - but we like the location and took the savings.....

My March 2016 FOS cruise is still almost twice what we booked it for in the original BOGOHO sale (although it is down $50 from last week)

Our FOS March 2016 cruise is still THREE times what we booked it for at the original BOGOHO sale. Ouch. Cannot convince anyone else to join us at those prices.

The Celebrate and Save offer clearly states $50, $100, $200 (depending on category) per stateroom. But when it allocates it between 1st and 2nd guest, it gives 2nd guest only HALF of the savings (BOGOHO fare and then only BOGOHO SAVINGS??!!). Before any balcony discount, a JS is showing $100 for 1st and $50 for 2nd, a balcony as $50/$25 and an OV as $25/$12 (or $13). And, as stated on this thread, lots of people have posted how they called and got drops of $38 or $75 or $150. So it is not just the website that is causing this 25% loss of the savings offer but the computers being used by Royal's reps.

Has anyone questioned Royal about this?

Has anyone received the FULL $100 savings for balcony (or $200 for suite) AND the C&A balcony discount?

~ Judy

Only got the $75 and balcony discount. They are calculating the BOGOHO on the cruise fare amount less the $25 or $50 off savings for the second person. If you call please let us know what they say.

Edited by molly361

[quote name='molly361']Only got the $75 and balcony discount. They are calculating the BOGOHO on the cruise fare amount less the $25 or $50 off savings for the second person. If you call please let us know what they say.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. I'll be calling this weekend and will let you know.

~ Judy

Well, this did nothing for me. On my cruise, the base price on my cabin dropped BUT taxes and fees went up enough that overall, if I rebooked, the price was higher. But somehow that's not sitting right with me. Does that sound right? I mean, do they have to recalculate everything if you re-price?

[quote name='shutterbug63']Well, this did nothing for me. On my cruise, the base price on my cabin dropped BUT taxes and fees went up enough that overall, if I rebooked, the price was higher. But somehow that's not sitting right with me. Does that sound right? I mean, do they have to recalculate everything if you re-price?[/QUOTE]

They just re-priced our cruise fare. I don't believe that the port fees and taxes change if you keep the same booking number. Give whomever you booked with a call and see what they can do.

[quote name='FloridaPalms']The Celebrate and Save offer clearly states $50, $100, $200 (depending on category) [B]per stateroom[/B]. But when it allocates it between 1st and 2nd guest, it gives 2nd guest only [B]HALF[/B] of the savings (BOGOHO fare and then only BOGOHO SAVINGS??!!). Before any balcony discount, a JS is showing $100 for 1st and $50 for 2nd, a balcony as $50/$25 and an OV as $25/$12 (or $13). And, as stated on this thread, lots of people have posted how they called and got drops of $38 or $75 or $150. So it is not just the website that is causing this 25% loss of the savings offer but the computers being used by Royal's reps.

[B]Has anyone questioned Royal about this?[/B]

Also, when I click on the T&C of the Celebrate and Save offer, it clearly states "Savings offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts." And when I first did online mock bookings around 12:10am yesterday (right after the new offer was posted), the discount was showing as either my C&A balcony discount or the savings offer (when I was logged out) but not both.

However, because of posts by [B]suzyluvs2cruise[/B] on the [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46438415"]Let's All Hope thread[/URL] saying it WAS combinable, I just did a mock booking again on a cruise I've been considering and it is giving me both! I cancelled and renewed my complementary hold at the lower price on two balcony cabins for that cruise and will call to book. But I was wondering if I should also push for the FULL savings amount or just be happy I can combine 75% of it with my balcony discount.

[B]Has anyone received the FULL $100 savings for balcony (or $200 for suite) AND the C&A balcony discount?[/B]

~ Judy[/quote]
[B]I got the D+ C&A discount, the BOGO and the new May discount of $150.00 x2 for my JS B2B cabins booked for May 2016 southern caribbean. These were booked a few weeks ago. [/B]

[B]In addition I got D+ discount, BOGO and May discount of $75.00 off my D1 for this September Alaska. Also booked a few weeks ago (and the D1's have been sold out for awhile and still are... so this was a surprise when I called yesterday). Very happy with my discounts and am sorry some are having problems.[/B]

[quote name='shutterbug63']Well, this did nothing for me. On my cruise, the base price on my cabin dropped BUT taxes and fees went up enough that overall, if I rebooked, the price was higher. But somehow that's not sitting right with me. Does that sound right? I mean, do they have to recalculate everything if you re-price?[/quote]

Sort of the same happened with me on the cruise I have booked on the Adventure for April, 2017. The price of the room dropped a little bit, but the CruiseCare insurance went up. So, the new fare would end up being something like $30.00 higher total. The taxes and port fees did not change.

And forget the cruise I have booked on Freedom for next year. A junior suite is $1300.00 higher than when I booked it last year. And that's before gratuities and insurance!!