May "sale" - check your bookings for price drop

Thanks for the heads up, saved $220 on two cruises in 2016. The other 15 cruises I have booked went up in price, but it pays to keep checking.

They gave no hassle at all, and retained OBC from original booking.

Thanks for the heads up, saved $220 on two cruises in 2016. The other 15 cruises I have booked went up in price, but it pays to keep checking.

They gave no hassle at all, and retained OBC from original booking.

Was your original booking OBC from a previous sale, TA, Next Cruise, FCC?

So happy some of you are seeing price drops! Congrats!

We can save $300 by giving up our D1 aft 1700 cabin and moving to a guarantee inside! Not!! Right now a D1 is going for $4800, we paid $2600 last May 4 for our October 22, Liberty 10 day Bermuda/Caribbean cruise. I would never pay $4800. The balcony was a splurge for us to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Not seeing the prices come down today, I am starting to get a bit concerned that we may not be able to afford RCI, or at least we will not be willing to pay their price, when we can go to NCL for far cheaper! We have already booked a B2B NCL cruise next Feb and are looking for another B2B for Feb 2017. We were hoping for a RCI cruise out of San Juan, but for some reason their Southern cruises do not include the ABC islands anymore. Hopefully they will release more San Juan itineraries..is that still a possibility?

Thanks

Lauri

Called my TA and they're not getting the same "lower" price that I'm getting online. They're calling RCCL now to see why. Crossing my fingers...

Thank you for the heads up though!!!

Edited by descotes

On hold now...just got $310 for first week of my B2B on FOS, and she's currently checking for my second week. She's checking with Resolution's Dept. -- not sure about second week...I told her to take all the time she needs, I'll hold. :D:eek: She's really good..."Yolanda."

She explained the savings for first week was greater than we originally thought, because as the price drops, so does the cost for cruise care insurance.

$125 for second week.

Edited by jules815

Our category for our November cruise on the Liberty has been sold out for a long time. The price went way up before it sold out.
It will be a year next week since we originally booked and we never saw a lower price than what we are holding.
We have a GS. By the time all the JS sold out they were $1000 more per person than we paid for the GS.

[B]THE BAD: [/B]The birthday BOGO price reductions ($50 OV & under, $100 balcony, $200 suite) as usual are NOT combinable with C&A discounts. Surprisingly, the price of a 2016 cruise I was looking at did not increase by the $100 discount. But I would lose the C&A balcony discount. And the BOGO pricing structure continues to prevent maximizing my B&A Royal Rewards by using them for a free or companion cruise. Ugh! :mad:

This latest BOGO may benefit newer cruisers and those sailing in OVs and under. But so would a REAL sale. :rolleyes:

[B]THE GOOD: [/B]Yes the cake is chocolate and anyone sailing today, can buy one birthday cake at twice the price and get a second one half off!! Enjoy! :D:D:D

~ Judy

[quote name='Peeker28']Just scored a $37 price drop on my cruise in March 2016. Doing the happy dance!!!:D:D[/QUOTE]

I scored 38.00 drop for Allure in April 2016! Happy dance here too! That will buy two drinks! :D:p:o

[quote name='lah66']

The balcony was a splurge for us to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Not seeing the prices come down today, I am starting to get a bit concerned that we may not be able to afford RCI, or at least we will not be willing to pay their price, when we can go to NCL for far cheaper! We have already booked a B2B NCL cruise next Feb and are looking for another B2B for Feb 2017.

Thanks
Lauri[/QUOTE]

Ironically, it was Disney prices that had us return to RCL.
Hoping that RCL is not going to lose customers too.

Happy Anniversary! Edited by LuCruise