All Inclusive Beverage Packages

Agua-azul

Not the end of the world if I can't order up one or two bottles of wine for use on our veranda. I'd rather not walk around our ship swinging one or two opened bottles of wine (purchased at dinner in the MDR) en route to our stateroom. Looks a little amateurish :rolleyes:. I'll have a definitive answer Monday. Thanks for the reply's :)
You can ask your waitstaff not to open the bottle. We have done that with bottles purchased with the Wine Bottle Package.

You can ask your waitstaff not to open the bottle. We have done that with bottles purchased with the Wine Bottle Package.

That's worth a try :). Thanks for the very simple solution to our overly complicated question ;).

Not the end of the world if I can't order up one or two bottles of wine for use on our veranda. I'd rather not walk around our ship swinging one or two opened bottles of wine (purchased at dinner in the MDR) en route to our stateroom. Looks a little amateurish :rolleyes:. I'll have a definitive answer Monday. Thanks for the reply's :)

This is what I use when transporting a bottle of wine to dinner, or to a friend's house, wine social, etc. Works well and looks pretty cute! ;)

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/insulated-wine-clutch-in-black-croc/1042067276?skuId=42067276&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_winebar_&adpos=1o1&creative=43742615149&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQjwu-CuBRCQ2byQtMep7e0BEiQABQKlkShMZ-qerNa2p9NhOUsdAF3Y8T2WS-BpDMtzYh8iMaoaAhqZ8P8HAQ

These are adorable. I just ordered a few for some girlfriends as Christmas gifts and one for myself of course.

Edited by DJVKN

Is plain coffee free on star princess? How about hot tea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, coffee (made from a concentrate, not fresh-brewed) and an assortment of tea bags (Lipton, Bigelow, sometimes Twining; English Breakfast, Earl Gray, green, etc.) is available for free in the buffet, via room service, and in the dining rooms/specialty restaurants. The only place you have to pay for regular plain coffee and/or fancy teas is at the International Cafe -- the "Starbucks" of the ship.

So cute! My sister got me a leopard print one from the same store.:)

Cruising with Princess for first time...got some perks including a btl of wine, but not drinks

seems alot for us to buy it,..esp. if both in cabin must purchase even if one is a non drinker. It will be a tough choice b/c we are used to it as a perk on Cekebrity...teas special, coffes etc add up

in the alternative, can guests bring bottled water on board from ports?

Or a bottle of wine?

can you order a bottle of scotch for the stateroom?

Edited by hcat

Cruising with Princess for first time...got some perks including a btl of wine, but not drinks

seems alot for us to buy it,..esp. if both in cabin must purchase even if one is a non drinker. It will be a tough choice b/c we are used to it as a perk on Cekebrity...teas special, coffes etc add up

in the alternative, can guests bring bottled water on board from ports?

Or a bottle of wine?

can you order a bottle of scotch for the stateroom?

It is PP and it is not required for all in the cabin to purchase.

Bring on as much water as you want.

Yes you can order scotch however it will be a 375ml bottle.

You can also order on Princess website.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody compare the Princess AIBP to the Celebrity and HAL offerings? I used the premium beverage package on Celebrity and had a very good experience- I never found a drink that wasn't included, and there were plenty of wine by the glass selections. Conversely, I just returned from a HAL cruise, and the beverage package was not as convenient or inclusive. The dinner menu at the Pinnacle Grill literally did not have a glass of wine that was included; our waiter went to the bar and got the included wine, the cheapest on the menu was $8.50, 50 cents over the max! There were only a couple of included wines throughout the ship, so by the end we were paying for some bottles anyway (with no discount, I should add).

We will likely be around a break even, but I was leaning toward the package if it's convenient as it will also encourage me to try different things instead of worrying about ordering an expensive drink or wine that I don't like.

Can anybody compare the Princess AIBP to the Celebrity and HAL offerings? I used the premium beverage package on Celebrity and had a very good experience- I never found a drink that wasn't included, and there were plenty of wine by the glass selections. Conversely, I just returned from a HAL cruise, and the beverage package was not as convenient or inclusive. The dinner menu at the Pinnacle Grill literally did not have a glass of wine that was included; our waiter went to the bar and got the included wine, the cheapest on the menu was $8.50, 50 cents over the max! There were only a couple of included wines throughout the ship, so by the end we were paying for some bottles anyway (with no discount, I should add).

We will likely be around a break even, but I was leaning toward the package if it's convenient as it will also encourage me to try different things instead of worrying about ordering an expensive drink or wine that I don't like.

The Princess package is most similar to Celebrity's Premium package or Royal Caribbean's Ultimate package. It covers virtually everything, lots of wines by the glass, most all spirits (with exception of a few top level scorched and such), specialty coffees and teas, milkshakes (on those ships that have them at the ice cream shop), non-alcoholic cocktails, bottled water, etc.. Virtually everything.

The package is per person, Princess is well aware of people trying to beat the system.

Its theft so I would not want to be the one to test those waters. :eek:

Okay, but how do they catch you? It is a very big ship.

Undercover Spies, cameras, DNA testing on used glasses?