30 for 30 deal from June 1st??

Has anyone heard that a 30 for 30 deal is starting on June 1st (eg 30% off on balcony bookings for 1st and 2nd guests)? I read it on another site, but don't know whether it's accurate. I also would like to know whether it's only US based, or whether it will apply for the UK bookings also.

Do you really think that they will give you 30% off? They'll inflate the price and then take 30% off of that. Find and price a cruise you might be interested in now. If the sale comes to be, go back and reprice it. I think you'll see little, to no difference. The cruise lines have been doing this for years.

Yes I read about it somewhere here on CC but what I read did not say if it was just for the US only. Also I believe if it does happen that BOGOHO will not apply so the difference instead of 30% will be 5% since BOGHO was 25%. I imagine it will replace BOGOHO.

That is assuming the prices do not go up as well.

Edited by molly361

Yes I read about it somewhere here on CC but what I read did not say if it was just for the US only. Also I believe if it does happen that BOGOHO will not apply so the difference instead of 30% will be 5% since BOGHO was 25%. I imagine it will replace BOGOHO.

Since the terms of the Visa opoints redemption specifically mention BOGOHO in the restrictions, I wonder if we can use the free cruise redemption with the 3030?

Since the terms of the Visa opoints redemption specifically mention BOGOHO in the restrictions, I wonder if we can use the free cruise redemption with the 3030?

I was wondering the same thing. My guess is going to be no. If they won't allow it with BOGOHO I can't see them letting you do it with this one.

Edited by molly361

I was wondering the same thing. My guess is going to be no. If they won't allow it with BOGOHO I can't see them letting you do it with this one.

You might get lucky and get it approved before they realize they need to change the terms again. Good luck!

You might get lucky and get it approved before they realize they need to change the terms again. Good luck!

We must be related. I am thinking the same thing. IF prices do not change before 6/1 there is a booking that I could get an upgrade on for 15,000 points where I could get $300 off instead of the $150 off. My plan was if this really happens and prices do not change I will be calling the Redemption Dept on June 1 and asking them about it.

I will report back.

It would be excellent if it does apply in UK, since we couldn't get BOGOHO.

Has anyone heard that a 30 for 30 deal is starting on June 1st (eg 30% off on balcony bookings for 1st and 2nd guests)? I read it on another site, but don't know whether it's accurate. I also would like to know whether it's only US based, or whether it will apply for the UK bookings also.

Only good for US and Canadian residents.

I never noticed that they actually changed the terms and put that in. I had not looked at the terms in a long time.

Not sure if this is the latest version, but do a search for "half":

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/visaroyal-web-program-rules-10-01-2014.pdf

I did see it in the terms. Wonder if they will allow re-pricing as they have been doing even though terms say for New Bookings only. Will find out next week

Edited by molly361

Does anyone have the link for the flyer on this June 30/30 sale?

Didn't find the flyer but found an entry on the unofficial site blog site. Can't link it here...link is blocked by cruise critic. It sounds good, but I'd tend to agree that it might not be such a good deal if they inflate the base price...and that is a common occurrence.

Edited by shutterbug63

Anyone taking bets on if they'll inflate the prices so much, that the BOGO would of been a better deal?

to play it safe I have a cruise on hold, so if prices go up, I'm still secured under the BOGO rate. If the prices do decrease, I can get the 30/30