30 for 30 deal from June 1st??

We will be on Grandeur June 17 and have 3 cruises to book while on board. Just priced them under the pre-June 1 fares. Will check them tomorrow to check the differences.

Rick and Deirdra

Same here. I'll be checking 7 of my future bookings to see how much they're jacked up between today and tomorrow.

Same here. I'll be checking 7 of my future bookings to see how much they're jacked up between today and tomorrow.

It's ten minutes after midnight here, and the sale is up on the royal website, so i just checked my upcoming liberty (aug 2015) and independence (feb 2016) cruises. (my other two are on anthem and harmony, which weren't listed as options on the sale page.)

liberty is down $100 from when i booked during the BOGOHO sale last Nov., but i have a $200 OBC that i'd lose if i switched so it's not worth it, as i'd be down a net amount of $100.

indy is down $50 from BOGOHO - i just booked that one a couple of months ago. i might call tomorrow to see if they'll lower mine, if the price stays the same overnight.

It appears my Baltic cruise has gone up with this sale. Was hoping for a price drop but I guess it is better I booked when I did than waited.

I think it is because BOGOHO was essentially a 25% discount but it appears the discount for oceanview is only 20% with this sale, so that explains the price going up. I may do more research and look into upgrading to a balcony with this sale as that gets the full 30% but those numbers didn't look any lower, either.

30/30 Yuck! :(

I did notice that none of my base rates went up - they were all still at yesterday's BOGO inflated rate. But the 30% off on 1st & 2nd came to less than the 50% off because yesterday's prices included the May BOGO discounts of $200 for suite, $100 for balcony and $50 OV and under.

My Navigator category (a good deal made even better with $100pp OBC) has been sold out so nothing there of course. My Indy JS went up $519, mostly from loss of 3rd/4th half off, and the 3 others I was looking at or had holds on all went up a few dollars because of the loss of the May discount.

Can't wait to see what next month's "sale" is. :rolleyes: I would love there to be "no sale", just straight forward pricing, but I won't hold my breath.

~ Judy

Prices for Serenade's OV Nov 2015 base fare went from $1671 to $1750 per person from when I booked in April. In May there was a small bump in between but the rates with the 30/30 sale are still higher than our BOGOHO.

Just checked our Oasis Nov 2016 cruise we have on hold from yesterday and discovered that the new sale is screwing around with our balcony discount.

Apparently, one will only get 70% of the balcony discount with the 30/30 promotion. I did the math and found out that they take the $250 D+BD off the launch fare and then apply the 30% discount, thereby reducing the BD by 30%.

Put another way, if we do not "sign in" and get the price of the Oasis CP Balcony at $1801.80 and then apply the $250 BD, the price should be $1551.80. However, if we do sign in and then price out the same cruise, the price is calculated by RCI at $1626.80. They've reduced the balcony discount to $175, or 70% of the $250.

BTW, yesterdays price was $1591 with the BOGOHO campaign. Somewhat smallish differences, but it screams of another take-back from our loyalty perks.

Edited by Tagsalong

30/30 Yuck! :(

I did notice that none of my base rates went up - they were all still at yesterday's BOGO inflated rate. But the 30% off on 1st & 2nd came to less than the 50% off because yesterday's prices included the May BOGO discounts of $200 for suite, $100 for balcony and $50 OV and under.

~ Judy

In addition to that they are taking the 30% off the price AFTER deducting the C and A balcony discount.

Just checked our Oasis Nov 2016 cruise we have on hold from yesterday and discovered that the new sale is screwing around with our balcony discount.

Apparently, one will only get 70% of the balcony discount with the 30/30 promotion. I did the math and found out that they take the $250 D+BD off the launch fare and then apply the 30% discount, thereby reducing the BD by 30%.

Put another way, if we do not "sign in" and get the price of the Oasis CP Balcony at $1801.80 and then apply the $250 BD, the price should be $1551.80. However, if we do sign in and then price out the same cruise, the price is calculated by RCI at $1626.80. They've reduced the balcony discount to $175, or 70% of the $250.

BTW, yesterdays price was $1591 with the BOGOHO campaign. Somewhat smallish differences, but it screams of another take-back from our loyalty perks.

I just looked into this as well - hoping to cruise on Harmony. Same issue - balcony discount is diminished. I guess we will stay with what I've booked.

Thanks for confirming this is not just me

Booked our March 2017 Freedom cruise for $500 per person for 7 days with the original BOGOHO sale. The adjusted rates when RCCL changed them for the rest of the BOGOHO sale put that price up to $1300 per person. Under the new 30/30 sale price is up yet again to over $1600 per person, more than triple what we booked at.

Any that we had that were insides or OV's went up as well.

That's true, I forgot to mention that the JS I was watching went down a bit, but is still priced $1000pp higher than when we booked when BOGOHO was not a farce.

The Allure cruise I was looking at is significantly more than it was yesterday, primarily because we have a 3rd person who has no discount!

We have 6 people going. It is $1493 cheaper to get 3 rooms with 2 people each than it is to get 2 rooms with 3 each!

OMG...my cruise increased by $1500. What kind of sale is that??? :eek: And that's for an interior promenade room (but all staterooms went up significally).

PS - Or am I missing some code to enter.

Edited by LuCruise

OMG...my cruise increased by $1500. What kind of sale is that??? :eek: And that's for an interior promenade room.

PS - Or am I missing some code to enter.

No codes, that's the nature of Royal's "sales".

Yep prices are the same or more for the Oasis in Oct and Nov 2016. I knew this "sale" was too good to be true.

My Nov Oasis base fare went up $200PP, and no OBC, so my net "sale" price is $400 more than when I booked. Great sale!!!!!