30 for 30 deal from June 1st??

No codes, that's the nature of Royal's "sales".

That's sad. When we booked our cruise we were debating between Disney Fantasy and Royal Allure. Both looked amazing for kids and it was the price that was the final factor. But with today's increase, there is not much difference.

At least we booked when we did.

Edited by LuCruise

Our cruise increased by $550 for our Freedom Cruise next May. What is Royal trying to pull with all these bogo sales and 30-30 crap

Seems to me like they are trying to appeal to the masses.... New business. They aren't structuring their prices to keep their past customers happy - that's for sure! We live in a world where people need to FEEL like they've gotten a bargain, whether or not they actually have. This is a widely used marketing strategy in retail. People need to feel like they've not paid full price for everything from toilet paper to new cars. If they don't see the word "sale" somewhere in print, they feel they've not received a bargain. Think about how many commercials you see with these ridiculous catch phrases:

"This Friday, Saturday and Sunday only -- NO MONEY DOWN!!!!"

"30% off the entire store this weekend only"

"Buy a new car this month and we'll throw in a 32" TV"

These gimmick-style sales are everywhere - and the cruising industry is no different. And it's not just Royal. Take a peek at the other boards. There are just as many complaints about Carnival, Norwegian, etc. Prices increase while service decreases. It's a common theme on almost all the mass-market cruise lines. I'm still happy with the price I paid for my cruise initially, and with the several price drops I've received since booking. I just wish Royal would rise above these phony sale tactics.

Reminder for anyone that is seeing savings that gratuities went up today. I believe they will go up if you have them on your invoice and you reprice. So keep that in mind when calculating savings.

-------------------------------------------------------

Our Liberty inside went up $263/pp.

And we were already booked at $292/pp less than the May 31 BOGOHO pricing. Plus taxes/fees have increased.

Seems to me like they are trying to appeal to the masses.... New business. They aren't structuring their prices to keep their past customers happy - that's for sure! We live in a world where people need to FEEL like they've gotten a bargain, whether or not they actually have. This is a widely used marketing strategy in retail. People need to feel like they've not paid full price for everything from toilet paper to new cars. If they don't see the word "sale" somewhere in print, they feel they've not received a bargain. Think about how many commercials you see with these ridiculous catch phrases:

"This Friday, Saturday and Sunday only -- NO MONEY DOWN!!!!"

"30% off the entire store this weekend only"

"Buy a new car this month and we'll throw in a 32" TV"

These gimmick-style sales are everywhere - and the cruising industry is no different. And it's not just Royal. Take a peek at the other boards. There are just as many complaints about Carnival, Norwegian, etc. Prices increase while service decreases. It's a common theme on almost all the mass-market cruise lines. I'm still happy with the price I paid for my cruise initially, and with the several price drops I've received since booking. I just wish Royal would rise above these phony sale tactics.

Yes I know. I was in St Kitts and a store there told me it was 75% off diamonds one day only lol. I didn't fall for it

Interesting...I got a price drop alert from a "Fish" website;) for my Liberty cruise in November of 2016. The price for Interiors, Ocean Views, and Junior Suites all went up, but Balconies and Full Suites dropped. My savings could potentially be $62/person, but I don't know if I would have to give up something to get the new rate.

I just saved $245 on a Radiance cruise from Sydney to Auckland next December - which I just booked last week. 4 weeks ago I got a price reduction on an Ovation sailing next summer. These are the only two price reductions I've every received - and I'm D+. I think some of the prices now are quite good.

Edited by kccrzr

Looks like base fares on my Liberty booking stayed the same, so it would be slightly less overall for two people, but we are booked with three and the 3rd person discount went away, which makes the overall fare for us about $400 higher under the current pricing promotion.

So, we'll sit tight with what we have. Not sure why some people seem upset that their price didn't go down. It's nice if it happens, but if we weren't happy with the price at which we originally booked, we wouldn't have booked.

Well the Allure cruise (in a GS) that I was very close to booking just increased $600+. I think it says that C&A discounts are combinable with the sale, but they don't seem to be applied to the final price? Anyone know what to do?

EDIT: Regarding the C&A discount... I did a dummy booking without being logged in and the price increased $70. Last time I checked, that is not the Platinum balcony discount...?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I guess it should be called a 30/20/10/30 Sale since Oceanviews get 20% off and Interiors get 10% off.

Looked at our Serenade inside for Dec 2016 and it's substantially higher today than when we booked it just a week ago with the BOGOHO.

Here is a price history for our Dec 2015 Brilliance balcony which we booked more than a year ago. It's much higher with the 30/30 promo than any previous so-called sale.

Original booking $606.10

Nov 03, 2014 $701.10

May 11, 2015 $798.84

Today with 30/30 $884.78

Interesting...I got a price drop alert from a "Fish" website;) for my Liberty cruise in November of 2016. The price for Interiors, Ocean Views, and Junior Suites all went up, but Balconies and Full Suites dropped. My savings could potentially be $62/person, but I don't know if I would have to give up something to get the new rate.

My guess is yes, you'd have to give up something. Some discounts are combinable though. In our case, in order to get any new pricing we would lose our OBC that we gained from an old BOGO sale. Typically, to get the current discounts, you have to reprice your cruise under the new fares/rates, which means any special offers under the old price structure would be lost.

I just saved $1500 on my booking on Harmony of the Seas for 6 people sailing in 2 connecting Boardwalk View balconies. The discount was just under $400 for the first 2 people in each cabin and the price for the 3rd and 4th guest stayed the same. The total cruise fare went from $7500 to $6000!

I also just saved on Harmony sailing Western Caribbean on 4/22/17

$4,018.94-Grand Suite including travel insurance (new price that I booked today)

$5,661.18-Grand Suite including travel insurance (old price that I originally had booked)

I know the new promotion states Harmony is excluded, but my booking and deposit went through.

Edited by loug1601
Add information

WOW what a "not" sale. I just checked my two sailings, this October, Majesty of the Seas and March, Adventure of the Seas. My JS on Adventure went up over $1,300 for both of us. I'm glad I booked months ago. I also received $250 OBC but now they offer Zero. :cool:

My booking is up, about 20% now....

Everyone knows RCI sales are BS and smoke and mirrors....

People need to start calling them out on this.

Seems like most of the big savings are on ships that are "not included" in this sale/promotion.....so what does that tell you about the "sale"...LMAO

Right at the stroke of midnight 6 of my booked cruises increased as expected.

#1 increased 17.958%

#2 increased 16.754%

#3 increased 22.007%

#4 increased 47.893%

#5 increased 23.041%

#6 increased 23.041%

Don't you just love a great sale...:rolleyes:

Was looking at two cruises yesterday - both have gone up by $300 for an INSIDE room -- great sale Royal - My April 2016 cruise might be my last with you - Your game is getting very old, very fast -- jack up the prices and then offer a discount --

The same site advised me that my short Enchantment cruise in May 2016 is now up by 28.2%, plus no OBC.

No change to the base price on the cruise we have booked in March 2016. But by losing the 1/2 off on Pax 3 and 4, it comes out to be approximately more expensive by that.

Also, I noticed by doing some dicount number crunching that the C&A Balcony discount is applied to Pax 1 before the 30% is taken, so the value of the discount is only 70% of the published value on the balcony discount tables.