30 for 30 deal from June 1st??

So I see that there was some discussion earlier about inflated prices in conjunction with the start of the sale. While it may not be true for some, it is definitely true for Anthem cruises that were not previously available for promotions. I booked a Canada/NE cruise on Anthem for August 25, 2016. My invoice shows the before-discount price is $1836 for a D8. But per the "fish" cruise price site, that cabin never sold for that price, the highest price was almost $100 less, and they only raised it to that recently. Previously it was in the $1600 range. Now, with the 30% off the higher price it is still a very good price, but I question where they get the $1836 price from and the legality of using it. Department stores like Macy's got into trouble a while ago in NY for advertising sales with a regular price that they had never sold items at. This would appear to be a similar situation. And the sale price has since gone up by $14, which means they've raised the base price by $20.

BTW for anyone excited about the 72 hour Cybersale coming up on Friday ($50 extra off for balcony or suite, $25 for lesser cabins), while it can be combined with the 30/30 sale, the fine print says it CANNOT be combined with C&A savings. So it will be worthless for many of us. My TA said she'll try it anyway to see if it works with C&A. It's worth a shot.

I concur with your observations, I was looking at the similar cruise and a d7 cabin ,prior to the 30/30 promo was $1,592 and & $1,876 after. I had made the reserve prior to the sale and when I did the calculation with the sale it amounted to a reduction of $500. It would have been more if got the full balcony discount. Anyway, called my TA in the AM to take advantage of the sale and kept the price screen on. When the TA called, we were discussing the pricing and she was getting the gross price as $1,896. When I refreshed the screen, lo and behold the price had changed within minutes. Still satisfied with the results.

Anyway, called my TA in the AM to take advantage of the sale and kept the price screen on. When the TA called, we were discussing the pricing and she was getting the gross price as $1,896. When I refreshed the screen, lo and behold the price had changed within minutes. Still satisfied with the results.

I had placed a hold on a cabin on Monday night, then told my TA to pick it up and pay the deposit. She didn't think she could transfer a hold and said that I should cancel and she would rebook and grab the cabin that I had. I was more concerned about the price going up between cancelling and rebooking than I was about losing the cabin. In the end, she figured out to pick up the hold, but I was right about being concerned about the pricing (although I think it was early enough that I would have been OK).

They did this when the BOGOHO first came out last year. The prices started out reasonable and then they quickly went up. Obviously they didn't start out as low as last year in the case of Anthem (and probably Harmony) but they are raising them.

BTW for anyone excited about the 72 hour Cybersale coming up on Friday ($50 extra off for balcony or suite, $25 for lesser cabins), while it can be combined with the 30/30 sale, the fine print says it CANNOT be combined with C&A savings. So it will be worthless for many of us. My TA said she'll try it anyway to see if it works with C&A. It's worth a shot.
I don't have enough C&A points, so that doesn't apply to me. But wonder if I can get this applied to the reservation I made a couple days ago for a CP Balcony. Also - when I did a search for Royal Caribbean Cyber Sale, I also found a site that states that RC will have a Weekend Wow sale June 19-21, including OBC of $50 for balcony ($25 for lesser cabin). Wonder if I can get that added on too? My reservation is for January 2017, so I'm not going to turn it over to my TA yet. Will continue trying to deal directly with RC.

I don't have enough C&A points, so that doesn't apply to me. But wonder if I can get this applied to the reservation I made a couple days ago for a CP Balcony. Also - when I did a search for Royal Caribbean Cyber Sale, I also found a site that states that RC will have a Weekend Wow sale June 19-21, including OBC of $50 for balcony ($25 for lesser cabin). Wonder if I can get that added on too? My reservation is for January 2017, so I'm not going to turn it over to my TA yet. Will continue trying to deal directly with RC.

You should be able to since it can be combined with 30/30. Only issue is whether it can be added to an existing reservation or if you need to make a new one. If the latter, then you have to figure out if the fare has changed (mine has). If it doesn't work try again on the 19th. I'd be surprised if both will work in addition to 30/30. Other option, if RCCL says they can't add it, ask your TA if they can if you transfer it now.

Or rebook if the price hasn't gone up (mine has).

Edited by MisterBill99

There are plenty of people in this thread that would disagree with your assessment, and have gotten great prices and price reduction on cruises they already had booked.

He may have been referring to the ships other than Harmony and Anthem. I only saw lower prices on premium cabins. All of our insides went up. Average increase around $450.

He may have been referring to the ships other than Harmony and Anthem. I only saw lower prices on premium cabins. All of our insides went up. Average increase around $450.

I put a hold on a promenade the day before the sale knowing how Royal tends to work their "sales". The cabin went up by about $400;)

I doubt we will ever see a regular price from RCL again.

There will always be a "sale" of some sort running. No one ever pays full price, everyone gets a deal.

So to complain that this sale or any other one is bogus doesn't make much sense. This is the new normal.

I doubt we will ever see a regular price from RCL again.

There will always be a "sale" of some sort running. No one ever pays full price, everyone gets a deal.

So to complain that this sale or any other one is bogus doesn't make much sense. This is the new normal.

Much like everything else these days.

30 off complete BS. So sick of these bogus sales.

No one knows specifically what he was referring to...and he is entitled to be sick.....and many people are unhappy with how Royal handles their sales. Royal is not unique in how they handle sales; pricing strategies have been around for years to encourage the sale of products.

But it isn't 'complete BS' as he says, and plenty of people have gotten wonderful prices. I got a price that was lower than a 7 day sailing on Allure, when I sailed on Allure in 2013, and I am actually in a 'higher priced cabin category'. Not bad for a cruise that isn't until 2017. Sure they have my deposit money now, but I will be watching the prices rise on this sailing is my guess.

The cyber sale is a HUGE joke. Prices go UP about $200 for things I booked last week on 30 for 30 (so it should still be in place)

Prices have been going up since 30 for 30 began. This is the same thing that happened after BOGOHO first started last summer. I'm sure their answer is that as more people book, supply is down, so prices go up. And this sale is only $50 per cabin, so $25 off per person, and only $25 total for inside and oceanview.

In my case for my Anthem reservation, it would end up being slightly cheaper with the extra $25 off per person, even with the price increase. But because I have the C&A balcony discount, it doesn't apply. Obviously your cruise went up more than mine did.

Edited by MisterBill99

Insides are only 10% off in the 30 for 30 sale. Read the fine print -- it's 10% for inside, 20% for oceanview, 30% for suites and balconies. The previous deal for many sailings was 50% off the 2nd passenger, so 25% on each. So I could see where insides would go up in price, although your example seems rather extreme.

Edited by MisterBill99

Insides are only 10% off in the 30 for 30 sale. Read the fine print -- it's 10% for inside, 20% for oceanview, 30% for suites and balconies. The previous deal for many sailings was 50% off the 2nd passenger, so 25% on each. So I could see where insides would go up in price, although your example seems rather extreme.

Every marketing & sales promotion has it's goals from a company....and clearly this one is trying to promote balcony and suite bookings because they are giving the greatest discount on them.

Like with any sale, in any industry or business, if it works out well for a consumer it is great, if not the consumer is bummed out a bit.

The cyber sale is a HUGE joke. Prices go UP about $200 for things I booked last week on 30 for 30 (so it should still be in place)

Not a complete joke. I booked under the BOGO then had a $154 drop under the 30% and now a $44 drop under the Cybersale. Sure it's small but will cover a couple of martinis:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a complete joke. I booked under the BOGO then had a $154 drop under the 30% and now a $44 drop under the Cybersale. Sure it's small but will cover a couple of martinis:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great!! Any amount is good. And like you, I compare price drops to the drinks I can buy!!

Good for you! Were you able to add the Cyber Sale discount to the existing reservation or did you have to do a new booking? Presumably you don't qualify for the C&A balcony discount.

Good for you! Were you able to add the Cyber Sale discount to the existing reservation or did you have to do a new booking? Presumably you don't qualify for the C&A balcony discount.

I have the same sequence, boho to 30/30 and my agent says I can't get the cyber sale, that they are for new bookings only. Did you call Royal or book with a TA? Anyone else get this? She says it's in the fine print[emoji22]