Changes to the Sunset Bar (Shelved ! Effective 9/9/15)

little britain

What are your thoughts on the proposed changes to the Sunset Bar  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on the proposed changes to the Sunset Bar

• I'm excited about a fantastic new venue to dine on the ship
    • Please leave it as it is as I love it as it is now

Even after all the discussion on another thread I'm still confused about the new configuration of Windows. I understand that it will be open for breakfast and lunch with outdoor dining available at those times. Will Windows be open for dinner, albeit without outdoor dining at the back of the ship? Since the grill area is being enhanced I imagine we can take our buffet selections out there to dine al fresco-ish. We love the themed buffets and will miss them if dinner at Windows is being phased out. We are not fans of the grill.

Edited by auntiemjo

I presume that despite the huge response on CC about closure of the aft Sunset bar area on an evening, together with several viable alternatives to complete closure to all but those dining in the speciality restaurant , that Azamara are still forging ahead with no compromise. You say you are "listening" , but as yet there has been no acknowledgement of any consideration to looking for a compromise to this situation. The pool grill area even after a make over is not the alfresco dining experience we love at Sunset

Anyone like to respond?

I presume that despite the huge response on CC about closure of the aft Sunset bar area on an evening, together with several viable alternatives to complete closure to all but those dining in the speciality restaurant , that Azamara are still forging ahead with no compromise. You say you are "listening" , but as yet there has been no acknowledgement of any consideration to looking for a compromise to this situation. The pool grill area even after a make over is not the alfresco dining experience we love at Sunset

Anyone like to respond?

At best CC only represents 5% of all cruisers and of those not all are saying they don't agree with the changes Azamare are GOING to make. Don't think coorproate will react to the opinions heard here.

Hello gymfreak,

Please know that all comments are being read by various individuals in the organization. Per our original announcement, more information on dining and entertainment will be available in August.

Here's a link to the page: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/life-onboard/reimagine-azamara

All the best,

Bonnie

At best CC only represents 5% of all cruisers and of those not all are saying they don't agree with the changes Azamare are GOING to make. Don't think coorproate will react to the opinions heard here.

Hi orchestral pal,

You'd be surprised how attentively management listens to you, our CC community. That's why we started the sub-forum called "Azamara Asks" here on Cruise Critic. We consider all of you our consumer advisory board :)

But that said, the pros and cons must be weighed v.v any suggested changes. I am not privy to the discussions going on in the executive suite. As I mentioned just above, the final decisions are not scheduled to be announced until August.

For last years Mumbai-Piraeus cruise it was 14 percent based on M&M numbers.

Anyone like to respond?

Agree. We recently completed a trans-Atlantic on Brilliance and tested their new Izumi Asian restaurant. Good food, horrible location: you have to go outside to get to it. Spouse was not pleased to be walking outside on a wet deck in the cold wind. It was maybe 25 percent full. Outside dinning works in the summer in the Med. It doesn't work in Norway or in hot and humid climes. Taking away the option to enjoy a buffet variety al-fresco dinner in-port in the Med makes little sense.

What we enjoyed most during the cruise from Mumbai to Piraeus was the variety of ethnic food offerings in the evening buffet, so much so that we only ate once in the MDR (and that was at the invitation of an enrichment speaker). The terrace was a favorite spot to enjoy the evening meal. We were also in a Club Continent Suite and never used either of the two sociality restaurants on this cruise. We were very satisfied with a once a week focus on Asian and other cuisines. Our experience is also that the current specialty restaurants are under-used. Maybe a more passenger friendly solution would be to combines all three specialty offerings into the two current locations of Aqualina and Prime C.

I disagree. It has been proved before that Azamara do listen to what goes on here (LCV changes being one). Cruise Critic is a very good source of opinions from knowledgable and loyal guests without the sometimes highly strung nature of FaceBook and from what I have read and seen they are valued. On most of the Azamara cruises I've been on there has been a very generous proportion of CC members onboard and that must count for something.

At the end of the day the plans may be too advanced to change and the rationale behind Azamara doing it not on par with what is being expressed here, but don't write off the views posted as a waste of time. It's been a steady 80/20 against the Sunset Bar area change since the poll started. We'll see.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

• 2 months later...

Very happy to see that the Powers of Azamara have taken notice of the feedback and have abandoned plans to alter the Sunset Bar.

I'd like to think that my little poll made a difference LOL ;) - but I'll raise a glass to the Azamara management with thanks when I'm next on board.

Cheers.

Very happy to see that the Powers of Azamara have taken notice of the feedback and have abandoned plans to alter the Sunset Bar.

I'd like to think that my little poll made a difference LOL ;) - but I'll raise a glass to the Azamara management with thanks when I'm next on board.

Cheers.

I didn't see anything that said they have abandoned plans...please share.

I'm thrilled they would not change it. I have two upcoming cruises with ACC.

Fantastic news. We are but two days since leaving the Quest and even though the weather let us down much of the time, we still used the Sunset Bar at every opportunity.

Once again Azamara will be our first choice if everything else stacks up.

With the loss of the Sunset Bar we were certainly going to be looking elsewhere. Not now. Thank you for listening to us.

Darryl

P.S. The staff were still fantastic but one or two other things seemed to gave slipped just a little. I commented on them to Phillip (in writing) and he certainly showed real interest in following up.

Cheers.

Thank you for starting the poll Little Britain which allowed us to comment. Like most posters I was against the proposed changes to the Sunset Bar and am very grateful that Azamara have changed their plans.:D

Fantastic news. We are but two days since leaving the Quest and even though the weather let us down much of the time, we still used the Sunset Bar at every opportunity.

Once again Azamara will be our first choice if everything else stacks up.

With the loss of the Sunset Bar we were certainly going to be looking elsewhere. Not now. Thank you for listening to us.

Darryl

P.S. The staff were still fantastic but one or two other things seemed to gave slipped just a little. I commented on them to Phillip (in writing) and he certainly showed real interest in following up.

Totally agree re the slippages, a good cruise but one or two lapses, we have fed back on them. Upselling was so intrusive and it was disappointing that the Sunset Bar closed so early in Bordeaux, it would have been a perfect spot for a late night drink

Sorry we did not meet up, we looked for you around but must have missed you

Cheers.

We put the kibosh on Kibo;)

Phil

Cheers.

Lesley, YOU ROCK! :D Here's to you Cin Cin