Upsell offer

mrsihopes

Received an upsell offer today in email, I called and left a message. We booked a cheapest interior for our 10 day cruise to Alaska. The upsell was for a balcony for 249.00 each. There are 2 of us in the stateroom. Would you take the upsell?

Received an upsell offer today in email, I called and left a message. We booked a cheapest interior for our 10 day cruise to Alaska. The upsell was for a balcony for 249.00 each. There are 2 of us in the stateroom. Would you take the upsell?

Are you kidding? A balcony on an Alaska cruise for $50 a day more? Jump on it.

I'm one of those who believes that a balcony in Alaska isn't a necessity - especially at the,(IMHO), inflated prices that some people pay for one. However, you will have more sea days on 10 night cruise, so yes, I would go for it as long as it does't impact what you can do in the ports. I originally booked an obstructed OV for our upcoming cruise and a month ago I was offered an upsell, which I took. It all depends on your budget and what you think is important.

It seems a little pricey to me. On our 7-day California Coastal cruise, we were offered $99.00 upgrades from an inside to an outside room. That works out to around $28.00, per day, for the room. You are being offered a balcony at an additional $50.00, per day. I guess, for me at least, it would depend on how much I paid for the inside cabin to begin with. In other words, the total cost of the cabin, per day.

Remember their cruise is 10 days.

$25 pp a day extra..$50 a day for both.

An inside is fine for Alaska but if can get

a balcony..it is better.

If can afford and want to..take it!

Having the view of different parts of Alaska everyday

is great. Plus having the light and air from the sliding

door is wonderful.

Definitely take the balcony. It's lovely to see all the scenery from your own balcony even if you do go up on deck for Glacier Bay and other big days. However, the balcony is especially nice if the weather is cool and/or rainy. We loved having a balcony on both our Alaska cruises, and for $50 extra per day, that's a deal IMHO.

We always sail in a Balcony cabin.For our Alaska cruise next month, the Balconies were very high priced and I felt not worth the difference so booked an obstructed cabin. However, when we got the upsell offer for $129.00 jumped on it. The total cost of our cruise is several hundred dollars less than if I would have booked a balcony right away (and the price today).Worked out

great. I had been hoping we would get an upsell since there was still plenty of balconies available.

We did not use our balcony much on our last Alaska cruise as it was too cold to sit out there. We also preferred to be with the naturalist who was pointing out wildlife up on deck. We declined the offer and spent the money on another excursion! YMMV!

It totally depends on your finances. Our first cruise was a 10 day Alaska cruise out of SF. We had a tiny inside cabin way far forward and high up on Sea Princess. It was a fantastic cruise and got me hooked.

If you have buckets of cash then take the upgrade. Otherwise, think of what else you could do with that extra $500.

What cruise are you on?

Congrats.....Perhaps more staterooms will open up. I'm on the August 30th cruise and the Princess Web Site no longer shows balcony staterooms. Perhaps things will change after the 14th, final payment date.

Tom😎

I did re ceive an upsell offer from an outside cabin to a balcony for $129 per person on my upcoming cruise to Alaska. I jumped on it! Granted, it's only a 7 day cruise but it'll be so worthwhile, especially in Glacier Bay.

Not to disagree with the light and open air provided with a balcony but you will only see in one direction and might be on the wrong side of the ship at times.

What cruise are you on?

Congrats.....Perhaps more staterooms will open up. I'm on the August 30th cruise and the Princess Web Site no longer shows balcony staterooms. Perhaps things will change after the 14th, final payment date.

Tom

We are one the July 11th cruise out of San Francisco. Will let everyone know when they call me back what I did.

Take the balcony! You may never get to Alaska again. We went in July of 2004 and it was 80* in Alaska before we boarded and never really got too cold on the balcony. I took a warm sweater so we could sit outside at night as the sun set very late. We have been on 10 cruises since then from Europe to Hawaii to Panama Canal and Alaska is still DH's favorite. For me it is #2 after the Baltic which is also great with a balcony.

Take the balcony! You may never get to Alaska again. We went in July of 2004 and it was 80* in Alaska before we boarded and never really got too cold on the balcony. I took a warm sweater so we could sit outside at night as the sun set very late. We have been on 10 cruises since then from Europe to Hawaii to Panama Canal and Alaska is still DH's favorite. For me it is #2 after the Baltic which is also great with a balcony.

I agree. :D

OK just got the call. Got a premium balcony on the Caribe deck. I asked for the Caribe deck and that is what I got. Will be a great cruise. This is my 5th to Alaska but we are taking my son in law and his wife with us this time. They are still in an interior though but they can share our balcony. It is their first cruise, so will be fun.

OK just got the call. Got a premium balcony on the Caribe deck. I asked for the Caribe deck and that is what I got. Will be a great cruise. This is my 5th to Alaska but we are taking my son in law and his wife with us this time. They are still in an interior though but they can share our balcony. It is their first cruise, so will be fun.

Excellent! Better mark it no upgrade of META upgrade only to the next Cat. ;)

Congrats. I would have loved to have had a Caribe Deck balcony on our cruises to Alaska. If you want an additional splurge, check out doing the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. I'd suggest trying for an evening when you have a late departure from a port.

You will have plenty of room for the 4 of you on your balcony. Enjoy!