Will there ever be a Captain's Circle level beyond Elite?

smellycruzer

I think many Elites become Elite as a result of enjoying to cruise as opposed to doggedly taking cruises and spending money just for the sake of becoming Elite. "I have to take another cruise, darn it, and spend another few thousand, but by golly I will be Elite when I'm done!" ;) LOL.

I think I know that person, by golly! :)

Personally I`m very happy with my elite benefits with the extra added Veteran & Stock holder OBC`s. Thank you Princess....

Agree with you and especially the Veteran OBC. Princess is the only cruiseline that I know of that honors the military for their service on each and every cruise a vet take...nice way to say "thanks for your service"

Land vacations are a hassle Cruises eliminate. Maybe I have just gotten Lazy.

We generally prefer a land based vacation so we have more time to acclimate to the surroundings rather than having only a few hours.

I think we are the lazy ones. ;)

Mike:)

To this day I am still surprised Princess hasn't created a new level beyond Elite, for cruisers 250+ cruise days or beyond 25th cruise. Those of us who have cruised at length with them I'm sure would appreciate it.

Has anyone contact Princess about this before?

And for fun, what would you want as the group name or benefit? I would vote for "Ambassador" and a private dinner with the captain or other significant crew member.

This is a dead horse... in my book, I don't know why folks bring this topic up so often. Be happy for what you have on Princess... this line gives elite folks more than any other line... we cruise Holland America, X and Cunard... do feel Princess is good to its repeat passengers and I would not rock the boat.

There are some things today that are not as good but that the way of the cruise business.

Agree with you and especially the Veteran OBC. Princess is the only cruiseline that I know of that honors the military for their service on each and every cruise a vet take...nice way to say "thanks for your service"

Yes!! Its a great deal. :)

This is a dead horse... in my book, I don't know why folks bring this topic up so often. Be happy for what you have on Princess... this line gives elite folks more than any other line... we cruise Holland America, X and Cunard... do feel Princess is good to its repeat passengers and I would not rock the boat.

There are some things today that are not as good but that the way of the cruise business.

Bottom line is not what Princess is going to do for its most loyal customers, it's what benefit will it be to them by adding perks/levels to the existing program?

IMO, the people at the top are a lock for Princess. Better for them to focus on the Asian market and expand their customer base.

This is a dead horse... in my book, I don't know why folks bring this topic up so often. Be happy for what you have on Princess... this line gives elite folks more than any other line..

I could not agree with you more. The poor animal has been beaten, stomped and drug through the mud.

Mike:)

Bottom line is not what Princess is going to do for its most loyal customers, it's what benefit will it be to them by adding perks/levels to the existing program?

IMO, the people at the top are a lock for Princess. Better for them to focus on the Asian market and expand their customer base.

An astute observation. The question from a business perspective isn't "do we need another level of rewards?" the question is "would adding an additional level of rewards incentivize greater loyalty to our brand?"

In my opinion, the answer to the second question is likely no, at least not today.

What I think might be an more intriguing area of market research and potential business development area is cross-brand loyalty rewards. Would the ability to have partial benefits across all Carnival operated brands generate additional revenue for the company?

What I think might be an more intriguing area of market research and potential business development area is cross-brand loyalty rewards. Would the ability to have partial benefits across all Carnival operated brands generate additional revenue for the company?

Or additional costs when the number of elite go from 20% of the passengers to 40%.

IMO, the people at the top are a lock for Princess.

Exactly. They have already shown they will spend a lot

of time/money on princess. It is unlikely that some additional

small incentive will increase revenue from these people.

Exactly. They have already shown they will spend a lot of time/money on princess. It is unlikely that some additional

small incentive will increase revenue from these people.

True, but it may cause people at a lower loyalty level to take more Princess cruises to attain the new and higher status.