Will there ever be a Captain's Circle level beyond Elite?

smellycruzer

I just don't understand why people get so excited about their level.

To me all it means is I've been lucky enough to have a few cruises.

Even the rewards are pretty lame IMO, free internet (yuck one reason I cruise is to get away from work) free laundry (with items shrunk and I can just do it myself the way we like it).

Now start and offer me a substantial discount and I might change my mind.

But whatever floats your boat.

However I suspect they will eventually rejig the whole thing and then we'll have threads about how hard done by people were in the change.

Now, you really sound like ..........

Are you saying that if you could get a few free drinks you would not? Apparently you are talking about those who only drink what they get free. Are you speaking from experience or is that you?

Am just stating my observations of other peoples comments. A lot of people are complaining about drink prices increasing therefore they will only drink the "free drinks" during happy hour. Another post is complaining how "elite" passengers think they are entitled to better service/benefits than the person next to them (who may of had to save for a year to afford the same priced ticket as the elite cruiser) Comes back down to everyone has the same size grave in the end and everyone needs to remember that and stay humble!

Even the rewards are pretty lame IMO, free internet (yuck one reason I cruise is to get away from work) free laundry (with items shrunk and I can just do it myself the way we like it).

However I suspect they will eventually rejig the whole thing and then we'll have threads about how hard done by people were in the change.

I do not understand your comment that the rewards are pretty lame. Ok, you don't use Internet, free laundry, etc. So, since you don't use them are you saying that they should be discontinued or people should not also use them?

Like you say, whatever floats your boat. The next time you cruise, remember, don't use any of the perks offered. Just tell them you want a substantial discount. LOL

You want a substantial discount. Apparently you think you are getting something for your money or you would not be cruising.

I do not understand your comment that the rewards are pretty lame. Ok, you don't use Internet, free laundry, etc. So, since you don't use them are you saying that they should be discontinued or people should not also use them?

Like you say, whatever floats your boat. The next time you cruise, remember, don't use any of the perks offered. Just tell them you want a substantial discount. LOL

You want a substantial discount. Apparently you think you are getting something for your money or you would not be cruising.

Where did I say they should be discontinued for anyone else what I said and I think I said it pretty clearly was I don't understand what some people get so excited about.

As for you last sentence it makes no sense whatsoever, of course I think I'm getting something for my money and again where dd I even once indicate anything to the contrary.

And the bit about tell them I want a discount instead of perks (and you sarcastic little LOL) was simply what I said would, to me, be a better reward, if you don't like the idea that's fine. I am as entitled to my point of view as you are.

Where did I say they should be discontinued for anyone else what I said and I think I said it pretty clearly was I don't understand what some people get so excited about.

As for you last sentence it makes no sense whatsoever, of course I think I'm getting something for my money and again where dd I even once indicate anything to the contrary.

And the bit about tell them I want a discount instead of perks (and you sarcastic little LOL) was simply what I said would, to me, be a better reward, if you don't like the idea that's fine. I am as entitled to my point of view as you are.

You were the one who considered the perks lame. My point was just because you don't use them, others do and consider them very valuable. You stated that you wanted a discount. All I said was ask for one and see if you get it. That is why I used 'LOL.'

One of the Elite benefis is priority tendering. The usually put tickets in your room so you can bypass meeting in the theater. You just go to a boat. But you are not supposed to go to the front of the line.

There is no priority tendering from the shore to the ship.

This,along with the laundry,is the best perk

One of the Elite benefis is priority tendering. The usually put tickets in your room so you can bypass meeting in the theater. You just go to a boat. But you are not supposed to go to the front of the line.

There is no priority tendering from the shore to the ship.

This,along with the laundry,is the best perk

We have never gotten tickets as Elite. We just get on the end of the tender line and board when our turn comes. We show our Black card as needed.

I too find the rewards to be pretty weak and I find international airline awards and hotel programs to be of much more value then free laundry. I cannot believe how much money people spend on Princess to get what they get. Perks are nice but I find the money spent on cruises does not equate to substantial rewards like free cruises or steep discounts could for brand loyalty...:)

So, you'd change the way passengers earn their loyalty level and make it just cruises (or days) instead of the current credits? Solo cruisers, who usually pay double, get screwed again. :(

The problem I see is that the benefits seem to be skewed towards those who take a lot of short cruises. While we have 190 days on Princess, that is only 8 cruises.

:confused::confused:

Am I missing something? According to the Princess website they do use days.

Gold - You will automatically achieve Gold status upon completion of your first cruise

Ruby - Upon completion of your third cruise or 30th cruise day with us

Platinum - Once you complete your fifth cruise or 50 cruise days with us

Elite - Complete 15 cruises or 150 cruise days with Princess

USN59-79, are you saying you aren't Elite after 190 days? :confused:

:confused::confused:

Am I missing something? According to the Princess website they do use days.

Gold - You will automatically achieve Gold status upon completion of your first cruise

Ruby - Upon completion of your third cruise or 30th cruise day with us

Platinum - Once you complete your fifth cruise or 50 cruise days with us

Elite - Complete 15 cruises or 150 cruise days with Princess

USN59-79, are you saying you aren't Elite after 190 days? :confused:

Pam was responding to a poster who only mentioned number of cruises as a way to move to higher levels. Days and cruise credits are the ways under the current plan.

USN59-79 is Elite based on his number of days

In answer to the OPs question, I have never contacted Princess about this. To me, that smacks of looking a gift horse in the mouth. They offer what works for them - their rules and their perks- and my choice is to take it or leave it.

I agree. They offer a cruise for a price. Anything else they give because of "thank you for your patronage" is welcomed.

If they want to give a thank you for those that have 2000 days or more, a plaque would be nice. Just a thought.

Since I am new and only 21 days in..it doesn't matter to me. Cheers to those who have cruised many,many times. I can only wish that will be me someday :rolleyes:

This same subject was discussed ad nauseum back in 2006; so I doubt that there is any plans for a super elite status anytime soon after more than 9 years.

Mike:)

But the difference between now and then are other lines have added them in so Princess might feel a need to keep up with the industry.

The only way I'd get to that level is if they counted my time on a Navy "cruise". :p

I did 30 days on the USS Okinawa back in 1980. I'd like to see that count as well.....:D:D:D

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

For me I think the Elite Perks add up to a lot already as well. I like to compare to most store/credit card/gas station type loyalty rewards and they all come in at +/- 1% of the purchase amount in my mind. Princes Elite benefits are worth much more than that to me.

I just think that ultimately they should have more levels to aim for even if the additional rewards don't add up to much more than the current Elite rewards.

Terry

I have to say that I would not like to be Elite. I'm just about to go on my 3rd Princess cruise out of 5 cruises taken, over a period of 15 years.

There are so many different types of holiday and, in Europe, different countries to visit. I have greatly enjoyed other holidays as well as the cruises we have taken, including revisiting some port destinations for longer which can give you a very different impression.

When I get to my dotage I would hate to think that I had spent so much time on one cruise company. But then I am still working and so annual leave is precious.

I don't mean to disrespect Elite cruisers, we all have to do what we enjoy most.

I don't mean to disrespect Elite cruisers, we all have to do what we enjoy most.

I think many Elites become Elite as a result of enjoying to cruise as opposed to doggedly taking cruises and spending money just for the sake of becoming Elite. "I have to take another cruise, darn it, and spend another few thousand, but by golly I will be Elite when I'm done!" ;) LOL.