Will there ever be a Captain's Circle level beyond Elite?

smellycruzer

To this day I am still surprised Princess hasn't created a new level beyond Elite, for cruisers 250+ cruise days or beyond 25th cruise. Those of us who have cruised at length with them I'm sure would appreciate it.

Has anyone contact Princess about this before?

And for fun, what would you want as the group name or benefit? I would vote for "Ambassador" and a private dinner with the captain or other significant crew member.

I would vote for "Ambassador" and a private dinner with the captain or other significant crew member.

They already have the Most Travelled party for this, way to many passengers at this level to have a private diner with the Captain. Maybe if they let me have dinner with the prettiest crew member of my choice it would work :)

A couple other lines have similar top tiers, but not at a low number like 250. It's usually at levels that equal 100 cruises or 700 credits. For example, RCI's is Pinnacle and Celebrity's is Zenith.

They already have the Most Travelled party for this, way to many passengers at this level to have a private diner with the Captain. Maybe if they let me have dinner with the prettiest crew member of my choice it would work :)

:D:D

Well maybe 400+ days for the new group? Whatever it is, there should only be a few per cruise who meet that level. I can't remember the last time I went to the Most Traveled Passengers event, just wasn't my taste.

Maybe they can't figure out what could be offered as an extra if they added a tier higher then elite.

That might be it. I suppose maybe it has been discussed here before (I did a quick search without finding much), but was hoping some of the Cruise Critic "brain trust" here might have some ideas. I'm sure someone from Princess scours these from time-to-time!

There are so many people we have cruised with that have much more than 500 days, many at around 1,000 days or more.

WE have been on cruises with top travelled are around the 2000 day mark.

Adding another tier would make many people unhappy depending on the cutoff.

The average person in our lifetimes would never get to even 1,000 days.

That might be it. I suppose maybe it has been discussed here before (I did a quick search without finding much), but was hoping some of the Cruise Critic "brain trust" here might have some ideas. I'm sure someone from Princess scours these from time to time!

Princess is, and has been, very aware of this. Whether they will ever do anything about it is unknown. Rehashing this ad nauseam just isn't helpful.

This has been discussed many, many times... Discussing it more isn't going to help.

there are many more subjects that are discussed more than your many, many times. such as dress code, etc. that is what this forum is about. I would like to see another level, too.

There are so many people we have cruised with that have much more than 500 days, many at around 1,000 days or more.

WE have been on cruises with top travelled are around the 2000 day mark.

Adding another tier would make many people unhappy depending on the cutoff.

The average person in our lifetimes would never get to even 1,000 days.

Hi Sue,

You are so right, don't think we'll make 1,000 days, but we're almost half way there just like you and Lew!! It's all about staying healthy!!

We have the 30 days booked on the Royal out of Athens for next year, I think I e-mailed you.

Edited by Eppe4

This has been discussed many, many times... Discussing it more isn't going to help.

I'm sure almost every single topic about cruising has been discussed in the past on cc, if that was the case cc would seize

In answer to the OPs question, I have never contacted Princess about this. To me, that smacks of looking a gift horse in the mouth. They offer what works for them - their rules and their perks- and my choice is to take it or leave it.

Agree completely.

Why not.speculation is fun. Why all the animosity about this discussion. Is it boring, not fun? New ideas are interesting. At some point they may do a survey and ask what people would like. Them they might factor it in their future plans.

Of course people should be grateful for what they get. Me i prefer to discuss dress codes or wine allowances. Sometimes even overflowing toilets or bad smells in the public areas of the ship. Some lament the lack of a good place to smoke cigars while others find

cigarette smoking extremely challenging

Sometimes ships miss ports and the compensation mat not be enough but you can always be sure that waiters will hammer you to join the wine tasting.

If the airlines could get rid of the frequent flier program, they would.

If the cruise lines could, they would also.

If you were a cruise line, who would your target passenger be?

-A new to the industry or line passenger who doesnt know the ins and outs and will freely buy drinks, souveniers, and fall for all the other sales pushes. They dont know any better and have no preconcieved expectations, so they never stop by the guest services desk and pretty much just smile and go along for the ride.

-Or a passenger that has cruised many times before, has a documented history of spending less than a new passenger, who complains about how things used to be, and complains about chair hogs, buffet lines, promenade decks, lack of center stairwells, and who gets freebies by means of a paltry loyalty system.

Lets be honest, the value of the Elite program is maybe on the order of 20-30 bucks for a 7 night cruise? The booze shooters arent worth much, the crew is already doing laundry, the internet is there whether anyone buys it, the elite happy hour is a bit of a joke....

Like the airlines the cruise lines will whittle away the benefits in hopes there isn't a big stink made.

We have 19 Princess cruises & 234 days each and remain satisfied with the Elite program. Got a nice line-up of little bottles on the TV cabinet.

I have a feeling that if Princess had a Super-Elite category some people would be asking for an Extra-Stupendous Super-Elite.

Steve & Pete

If the airlines could get rid of the frequent flier program, they would.

If the cruise lines could, they would also.

If you were a cruise line, who would your target passenger be?

-A new to the industry or line passenger who doesnt know the ins and outs and will freely buy drinks, souveniers, and fall for all the other sales pushes. They dont know any better and have no preconcieved expectations, so they never stop by the guest services desk and pretty much just smile and go along for the ride.

-Or a passenger that has cruised many times before, has a documented history of spending less than a new passenger, who complains about how things used to be, and complains about chair hogs, buffet lines, promenade decks, lack of center stairwells, and who gets freebies by means of a paltry loyalty system.

Lets be honest, the value of the Elite program is maybe on the order of 20-30 bucks for a 7 night cruise? The booze shooters arent worth much, the crew is already doing laundry, the internet is there whether anyone buys it, the elite happy hour is a bit of a joke....

Like the airlines the cruise lines will whittle away the benefits in hopes there isn't a big stink made.

Totally agree.......if anything they could cut back perks.....Princess already has an extremely LOYAL following so people are going nowhere and there is no need for Princess to add more perks....they created the loyalty they wanted...and do not have to give more to keep it.....:)

In answer to the OPs question, I have never contacted Princess about this. To me, that smacks of looking a gift horse in the mouth. They offer what works for them - their rules and their perks- and my choice is to take it or leave it.

Rather agree! :D

LuLu