Upgrade bonus!!

JudyU

Had a concierge (C3) booked for our July 18th cruise. Got a call tonight from Celebrity offering a Celebrity Suite for an extra $250 per person. YESSS!

I would think from a C3 to an S2, but to a CS, congratulations!!!!

Wow that's an incredible deal. We've paid for a CS on our cruise on the Equinox in August - currently all the RS are vacant, really hoping we might get a similar phone call, as we'd love the opportunity to upgrade at a reasonable price. We've got a CS with a larger than normal balcony, so if we're not lucky, we're very happy. :)

Same thing happened to us for our Mediterranean Cruise in May. We too had booked directly with Celebrity 7 months prior. We received a call a few weeks before our cruise offering us an upgrade for $500 which included two speciality restaurants for 3! Since our cruise was 12 nights and we were travelling with our 19 year old daughter, the extra room and benefits were wonderful. We had originally book a regular balcony cabin. Our Cabin was 1605 (aft) (corner suite, large balcony, tons of closet space, large side window, bathtub and a wonderful butler (Irena). Included in a suite you have access to Lumina, special seats in the theatre, midday snacks brought to your room, special room service menu....and the list goes on. Best decision we made! The only problem.....how do we go back to a regular cabin on our next cruise :-). Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by AuntMom

Same thing happened to us for our Mediterranean Cruise in May. We too had booked directly with Celebrity 7 months prior. We received a call a few weeks before our cruise offering us an upgrade for $500 which included two speciality restaurants for 3! Since our cruise was 12 nights and we were travelling with our 19 year old daughter, the extra room and benefits were wonderful. We had originally book a regular balcony cabin. Our Cabin was 1605 (aft) (corner suite, large balcony, tons of closet space, large side window, bathtub and a wonderful butler (Irena). Included in a suite you have access to Lumina, special seats in the theatre, midday snacks brought to your room, special room service menu....and the list goes on. Best decision we made! The only problem.....how do we go back to a regular cabin on our next cruise :-). Enjoy your cruise.

Usually you don't, you just find new ways to justify the extra cost or new things to celebrate that you have to have a suite for.

Sounds amazing. If only they would do it again for my husband and I on our March Break cruise. Not sure how they decide on who gets the calls. We are celebrating my daughter graduating from law school but many people have things they are celebrating. We were assigned 1619.

I'd gladly pay that to upgrade from an AQ2 to a SS. Currently a $2000pp difference in pricing for our upcoming sailing. :eek:

I changed all our A1 bookings to S1 when the suite program was announced. It cost around £1,000 ($1500) a head and the nearest one of those is Feb 16.

I'd gladly pay that to upgrade from an AQ2 to a SS. Currently a $2000pp difference in pricing for our upcoming sailing. :eek:

Will this be your first Celebrity cruise?

We have cruised 2 other times on Celebrity.

Wow that's an incredible deal. We've paid for a CS on our cruise on the Equinox in August - currently all the RS are vacant, really hoping we might get a similar phone call, as we'd love the opportunity to upgrade at a reasonable price. We've got a CS with a larger than normal balcony, so if we're not lucky, we're very happy. :)

I'd think about calling captains club and ask. This happened to me once when I was booked directly with Celebrity. I don't think they bother going through travel agents, would be too time consuming.

I like hearing that! You are not a new customer, and not an Elite Plus.;) Usually don't hear about upgrades unless the passengers are one of the two.

I firmly agree with point one, but the Elite Plus comment?? I do not recall one person on these boards reporting an upgrade they thought was due to that status. We are at that level and I can tell you for sure we have never gotten a call from the upgrade fairy.:(

Makes me wonder how upgrades are done. I have cruised twice with Celebrity (my husband and I) and have 2 more booked. My daughter has never cruised Celebrity and this is her treat for graduating from law school. She will certainly see the best of what she can get on a Celebrity cruise.