Changes to NCL Sun SA crusies; 2016-2017

milolii

Just off the phone with NCL. It appears the November, 2016- the first part of January, 2017 cruises to SA are cancelled.

Cruises to SA will resume in January, 2017 though March, 2017. But these dates, ports or/and length of the cruise will be different. Itineraries are not yet out. These will be released Aug. 17

Thanks for the newest version of the press release. I hadn't seen this one. Interesting itineraries; they're too lengthy for me, but I think better/longer itineraries is one of the directions NCL wants to take.

Glad that the March 26th 2016 South American cruise from Buenos Aires to San Francisco is not affected. We have already paid for our flight from New Zealand and booked our hotel at both ends.

Mike & Pauline

Poms by Birth & Kiwis by Choice.

Am I not reading the PR correctly? It appears that the Sun will be doing the South America this season instead of the Star.

We have been working on the premise since we booked that we will be on the Sun on Mar 26th 2016 from Buenos Aires.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Kiwi by Choice :)

We have been working on the premise since we booked that we will be on the Sun on Mar 26th 2016 from Buenos Aires.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Kiwi by Choice :)

We'll leave her in good condition.... we're on from the 12th - 26th.

Stephen

We'll leave her in good condition.... we're on from the 12th - 26th.

We are taking the 27th of February to the 12th of March from Buenos Aires although we plan to skip the first night and board in Montevideo as we live in Uruguay and have seen enough of BA for now.

We did look at other lines but they all seem to spend too much time visiting Uruguay which obviously does not interest us.

We booked late in the season ( for here) as the kids go back to school the beginning of March!

Thanks to reading this on cruise critic, I now am aware that our March 2017 South American cruise on the Sun has disappeared. I call NCL and was told to check with my travel agent on Aug. 17 for information.

It would have been nice to hear this from NCL directly. So now we'll just have time to think about what we might want to do instead and find out what they'll offer us.

We had problems on two different cruises to Asia on Celebrity before we finally got one booked that didn't get cancelled. Nice OBC for our troubles!

• 3 weeks later...
Would someone who has been on the Sun please tell me what is special about the Seven Seas Court that is just outside the main dining room?

Thanks

Mike

Pom by Birth; Kiwi by Choice; Go Canucks Go

I guess I've never heard it called special, but what is in that area is a brass looking art thingy, a large stained glass ship window area, and other sea type artwork.

Would someone who has been on the Sun please tell me what is special about the Seven Seas Court that is just outside the main dining room?

Thanks

Mike

Here's a link to some really nice pictures of the Sun and if you scroll down a bit you'll find exactly what you've asked about:

http://www.cruiseshipodyssey.com/norwegian%20sun.htm

Here's a link to some really nice pictures of the Sun and if you scroll down a bit you'll find exactly what you've asked about:

http://www.cruiseshipodyssey.com/norwegian%20sun.htm

Thank you for that link, it certainly shows what I was asking about.

Anyone who wants to see what the Sun looks like, go to the link and enjoy.

Mike

We are booked from San Diego to Buenos Aires (B2B cruises) on November 2, 2016 on the SUN.

Those 2 cruises are still on their cruise list and they are selling cabins.

Someone read this thread and thought our cruises were canceled.

I think the NCL PR is confusing. They do not list all cruises.

Hope this helps others who may be on our November, 2016 cruises.

Judy

We are booked from San Diego to Buenos Aires (B2B cruises) on November 2, 2016 on the SUN.

Those 2 cruises are still on their cruise list and they are selling cabins.

Someone read this thread and thought our cruises were canceled.

I think the NCL PR is confusing. They do not list all cruises.

Hope this helps others who may be on our November, 2016 cruises.

Judy

Hello

I have just gone online to NCL and here it is.

17-Day Voyage to South America from San Diego

Sail on an award-winning ship, voted #1 mid-size ship by Cruise Critic

SHIP Norwegian Sun

Starting From $1,399 USD Avg Per Person

Show Me This Price

CRUISE PORTS Embark San Diego (California); Huatulco (Mexico); Puerto Chiapas (Mexico); Puerto Quetzal (Guatemala); Puntarenas (Costa Rica); Trujillo (Salaverry) (Peru); Lima (Callao) (Peru); Arica (Chile); Coquimbo (Chile); Disembark Santiago (Valparaiso) (Chile)

Details

Book

All Departure Dates and Prices

Sailing Dates From:

November, 2016

November, 2016 Learn More About Our Stateroom

Nov 02 - 19, 2016

WED - SAT

Hope that sorts for everyone.

Mike

Pom by Birth, Kiwi by Choice.

Thanks to reading this on cruise critic, I now am aware that our March 2017 South American cruise on the Sun has disappeared. I call NCL and was told to check with my travel agent on Aug. 17 for information.

It would have been nice to hear this from NCL directly. So now we'll just have time to think about what we might want to do instead and find out what they'll offer us.

We had problems on two different cruises to Asia on Celebrity before we finally got one booked that didn't get cancelled. Nice OBC for our troubles!

Since you booked with a travel agent NCL would have contacted them and your agent would have had to contact you.

Hello

I have just gone online to NCL and here it is.

17-Day Voyage to South America from San Diego

Sail on an award-winning ship, voted #1 mid-size ship by Cruise Critic

SHIP Norwegian Sun

Starting From $1,399 USD Avg Per Person

Show Me This Price

CRUISE PORTS Embark San Diego (California); Huatulco (Mexico); Puerto Chiapas (Mexico); Puerto Quetzal (Guatemala); Puntarenas (Costa Rica); Trujillo (Salaverry) (Peru); Lima (Callao) (Peru); Arica (Chile); Coquimbo (Chile); Disembark Santiago (Valparaiso) (Chile)

Details

Book

All Departure Dates and Prices

Sailing Dates From:

November, 2016

November, 2016 Learn More About Our Stateroom

Nov 02 - 19, 2016

WED - SAT

Hope that sorts for everyone.

Mike

Pom by Birth, Kiwi by Choice.

Suits me. We are also on the 31 day San Diego/Buenos Aires sailing Nov 2, 2016. Happy to hear we still get to go!

Marcie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...