We Walked Out of Tuscan Grille - Silhouette

need2cruisesoon

No better than TGIF?? Really? We found the food in Qsine excellent overall. We've eaten there 3 times.True I don't care too much for some of the Indian/Mideast style, but overall, it's far better than TGIF.

The Treseviche was awful, the meatballs were hard as rocks and dry. Painter's Mignon was the best choice but it wasn't enough to consider it a meal. All in all not a $45pp experience. I would consider trying it again and ordering different dishes at $20pp.

Agree....on both your points...

I also really like the seafood stew and my DH is a fan of the beef ravioli too....but then we've eaten at Tuscan on 5 different ships and enjoyed it each time...

We've done Murano about 6 times & Qsine 3 times. We did do a lunch in Tuscany & it was excellent. We plan to do dinner & I will report back(Feb.trip on Eclipse)in my review how good/bad it was.

We've done Murano about 6 times & Qsine 3 times. We did do a lunch in Tuscany & it was excellent. We plan to do dinner & I will report back(Feb.trip on Eclipse)in my review how good/bad it was.

I suspect you will enjoy it....our LAST visit was at Tuscan on Eclipse this May.... it was a very enjoyable evening and the views just can't be beat!!!

The Treseviche was awful, the meatballs were hard as rocks and dry. Painter's Mignon was the best choice but it wasn't enough to consider it a meal. All in all not a $45pp experience. I would consider trying it again and ordering different dishes at $20pp.

Each course is considered an app NOT a full meal. We're foodies & have managed to try virtually everything on the I pad menu. The Cerviche was excellent as well as the Sushi lollypops & the Lobster. The Filet Mignon Palate was perfectly done. The meatballs..well, having a catering co. I've seen enough meatballs for a lifetime! Overall we've enjoyed Qsine very much & really love Murano. The only issue in Murano, was having lunch. The apps were fine, but the Rock Lobster entree was too chewy. Not terrible, but not like our New Enland Lobster,that's for sure!

There are some "high maintenance" cruisers that visit the Specialty Restaurants and I feel real bad for the servers. We have some friends like this and it is embarrassing to go out with them. Never happy...

!

This is so true. We love the company of my sister and her husband, but I don't believe we've ever gone out for dinner where he hasn't sent something back, sometimes multiple times. Nothing is ever to his satisfaction, food-wise.

Planning an upcoming cruise and thought it might fun to ask if they would want to join us, but then pictured dinner time aboard and changed our mind.

This is so true. We love the company of my sister and her husband, but I don't believe we've ever gone out for dinner where he hasn't sent something back, sometimes multiple times. Nothing is ever to his satisfaction, food-wise.

Planning an upcoming cruise and thought it might fun to ask if they would want to join us, but then pictured dinner time aboard and changed our mind.

You book AquaClass, they book Standard Veranda. Problem solved - "damn, sorry didn't realize you couldn't eat with us in BLU. We'll meet you at the show after dinner."...LOL

Beef ravioli and seafood stew sound great, and are things we probably would order in any Italian restaurant.

As to whoever asked if it was the same server at the next table...yes it was, same waiter, same bus boy. It was a third, different person who finally brought out our cold food. We obviously just fell through the cracks...we then went to a casual, order at the counter breakfast place and had a great, HOT crepe. We didn't want to start over in a sit-down place. Not unlike going to the buffet on the cruise after the meltdown in the SR.

On a recent cruise, there was a group of 4 cruisers who were dining near us in the Tuscan Grill. One couple complained about how the recipe for the Tuscan Onion Soup had changed and could not eat it. Other small complaints. They had ordered a moderately priced bottle of wine and after having consumed most of it, complained it was "not drinkable". So they received another bottle of a different vintage which was "a little more drinkable". I think some people just want to complain and try to get meals free or at reduced prices. Unbelievable...

All of these recent anecdotes are accurate about people who "over complain" but if you read the OP's original post I don't think that was the case.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We Walked Out of Tuscan Grille - Silhouette

We did.

We walked out after being seated at 8:00pm. Menu in hand by 8:20. Appetizers were served at 9:00 then salads a half hour later. Then by 10:15 pm I got up to use the mens restroom and told myself that if the food wasn't on the table I was walking to the kitchen.

Back from the restroom then toward the table and still no food and no server, I high tailed right over to the kitchen and saw the chef and asked were our dinner was. He shrugged and I went back to our table and told all of our party of 6 that we were leaving now.

We all got up and proceeded to leave the restaurant.

2 1/2 hours with no entree by my count.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We, too, have walked out (VERY rarely!!!) of restaurants after unreasonably long waits. And we, too, have friends we no longer travel with or eat out with because NOTHING is ever good enough.

So I know the difference!

I'm only posting so the OP realizes they were reasonable (in my opinion, for whatever that is worth.)

Edited by chamima

I think some people just want to complain and try to get meals free or at reduced prices. Unbelievable...

They also try that with shore excursions. we were on an excursion in St. Thomas to a beautiful remote beach with unlimited beer and rum punch. Sand was like talcum powder. We heard a couple of people in the morning group asked for their money back because they said the sand was not pink enough.

BTW I am not saying the original OP was complaining to get their money back. Those folks legitimately had a bad experience.

They also try that with shore excursions. we were on an excursion in St. Thomas to a beautiful remote beach with unlimited beer and rum punch. Sand was like talcum powder. We heard a couple of people in the morning group asked for their money back because they said the sand was not pink enough.

I thought only Bermuda had pink beaches, not St. Thomas. :confused:

LOL -- this couple clearly wasn't thinking big enough. ;) They really should have been trying to get their $$ back from the Captain -- for taking them to the wrong island!! :eek:

I never heard of St. Thomas having pink sand beaches.

I think of Antigua, Bonaire, some islands in the Bahamas and Bermuda come to mind as having pink sand beaches.

We also had a bad experience at the Tuscan Grille. We had ordered our steaks medium and they came back very rare. When we told the waiter this he said Oh no they are medium. He continued to contradict us and basically insulted us in the sense that he said we didn't know how steaks should be cooked. The waiter then disappeared and we had to ask for a new waiter. We have never been so insulted by a waiter before. We certainly will think twice before going to the Tuscan Grill again.

Edited by Alan51

We enjoy the Tuscan G (food and service) and have dined several times with them. Only once we had a "situation", and when I told the Maitre'D, they immediately removed the server from our table. In fact, we did not see her the rest of the cruise, so not sure what happened, but her demeanor was surly, rude and definitely not hospitality. She was taking out her anger on us apparently.

I guess at the end of the day, we all make mistakes, hotels, restaurants, business and as people, we all make mistakes. I work in HR in hospitality so am used to witnessing and addressing mistakes, behavior, performance, etc. I think that feedback, early on is a good thing. Working in hospitality, I also see the other side of the coin where guests are even more obnoxious, rude and arrogant and treat / speak to staff as if they were a common criminal, rather than with respect. It goes both ways!

Our opinion is that Celebrity has a great service recovery standard, and it's always worked for us and why we continue to sail with them. When we have noticed a slip in service, quality etc., usually one comment is all it takes. We've received wine, roses, chocolate strawberries, comped specialty dinners, etc.

I think it's good to forgive and move on too, realize we all make mistakes. I also try to speak up sooner, rather than waiting...and waiting...and if I determine an ultimatum (i.e., if my food isn't here in 20-minutes, I'm leaving), I will share that with the server or Maitre'D. Communicate what my intentions are. Allowing a company or individual attempt to offer some recompense for their mistake shows grace I feel. Move on. :)

Edited by Mermen

I guess at the end of the day, we all make mistakes, hotels, restaurants, business and as people, we all make mistakes. I work in HR in hospitality so am used to witnessing and addressing mistakes, behavior, performance, etc. I think that feedback, early on is a good thing.

Our opinion is that Celebrity has a great service recovery standard, and it's always worked for us and why we continue to sail with them. When we have noticed a slip in service, quality etc., usually one comment is all it takes. We've received wine, roses, chocolate strawberries, comped specialty dinners, etc.

I like you come from hospitality. I figure everyone makes mistakes, has a bad day, true service comes in now they recover from incidents. An early on discussion usually reaps rewards far beyond what we expect. I place far more importance on the resolution, than on the initial issue.

A lesson one of My general managers taught me was instead of offering a solution outright, ask the guest what would make them happy. 9 of 10 times the guest would request something FAR less to resolve an issue that I may have offered up front. This then allow us to make that request for them, and add to it. Also let the guest truly feel like they were being heard, and that they got what they wanted, and were part of the resolution. I may have wanted to comp a night in the hotel, but guest just wanted free breakfast. I saved $200 for the hotel, and give them free dinner as well as their free breakfast.

not believing that peoples on the big boats can be unreasonable[emoji32]

we witnessed a chronologically mature passenger berating the member of staff taking orders at the egg station at Breakfast in the Buffet. the gentlemen was shouting , understandably, that he had waited over 3 minutes for his eggs and then the chef had " broken one of them ". The server then had the audacity to smile whilst offering to have the eggs to be replaced.

on top of this the very reasonable passenger then had to endure a Brit and a Canadian questioning loudly whether people from his country were born rude or just practiced hard.

Staff involved should have been given the cat o' nine tails and the two passenger made to walk the plank [emoji32]

We enjoy the Tuscan G (food and service) and have dined several times with them. Only once we had a "situation", and when I told the Maitre'D, they immediately removed the server from our table. In fact, we did not see her the rest of the cruise, so not sure what happened, but her demeanor was surly, rude and definitely not hospitality. She was taking out her anger on us apparently.

I guess at the end of the day, we all make mistakes, hotels, restaurants, business and as people, we all make mistakes. I work in HR in hospitality so am used to witnessing and addressing mistakes, behavior, performance, etc. I think that feedback, early on is a good thing. Working in hospitality, I also see the other side of the coin where guests are even more obnoxious, rude and arrogant and treat / speak to staff as if they were a common criminal, rather than with respect. It goes both ways!

I think it's good to forgive and move on too, realize we all make mistakes. I also try to speak up sooner, rather than waiting...and waiting...and if I determine an ultimatum (i.e., if my food isn't here in 20-minutes, I'm leaving), I will share that with the server or Maitre'D. Communicate what my intentions are. Allowing a company or individual attempt to offer some recompense for their mistake shows grace I feel. Move on. :)

We've only had two small problems on Celebrity (really bad dinner (with GREAT service!) in Murano once and one dinner in Blu where the whole dinner was really, really slow and my meal, when it finally came out was totally not what I ordered. My husband ate his dinner and when no replacement arrived for me in the next hour or so we got up and left. (No one ever noticed that we left or EVER addressed it! :( - My take on that one was a really bad, ineffective Maitre D' who was making things difficult for the waitstaff AND the passengers)

Anyways, if you've really had to have all of those "make ups" don't you think there's a problem? (Not with you but with the cruiseline)

We've been cruising on mostly on Princess and now Celebrity for 40 some years with about that many cruises. The only "make up" I can think of was once when we had an ongoing problem with our doorwall that had to get escalated to the Hotel Director to get fixed.

Anyways, if you've really had to have all of those "make ups" don't you think there's a problem? (Not with you but with the cruiseline).

Not necessarily. There seem to be plenty of serial complainers out there. Nothing will satisfy them. The cruise ships have to try to appease them.

I agree that the true measure of good service is how they recover from mistakes.

LOL -- this couple clearly wasn't thinking big enough. ;) They really should have been trying to get their $$ back from the Captain -- for taking them to the wrong island!! :eek:

Yes, or blaming the captain for the weather is another common complaint.

Not necessarily. There seem to be plenty of serial complainers out there. Nothing will satisfy them. The cruise ships have to try to appease them.

I agree that the true measure of good service is how they recover from mistakes.

The best thing is early communication and then intervention so that a situation doesn't escalate into a large issue.:D