the first Nudest charter by Celebrity Silhouette

gopro63

on our last celebrity cruise.... I got complaints from management because I would always walk about the pool area wearing only my boxers.....

I don't see what the problem is, I think they make a lovely hat.

tee hee.............

Yep, we were on Azamara Quest right after a swinger cruise. The ship was spotlessly clean, if you didn't know about the previous cruise, there was not way you wold know. To each his/her own, I guess....

I'm counting on a spotless ship. We're traveling with 3 other couples, with 5 being new to Celebrity and 3 who have never cruised before. We convinced BIL to cruise with us, and he's celebrating his retirement as captain on one of the Great Lakes freighters. I'm hoping they're able to remove all the kink from the Sky Lounge and whip the Solarium back into order by the time we board. We're always among the first to board due to excitement and arriving at the port early, but I think we may dawdle this time.

Captains Club perks do not apply, there is no Captains Club happy hour, no coupons, no vouchers,

Also Mivhaels Club drinks are not free

All passengers whear clothes on deck while ship is in port

Crew are given the option whether or not to work that cruise

Crew have reported that previous nude cruisers were generous tippers

But, with no pockets, where do they keep their tips?;)

Whilst hearing of a nudist swingers cruise sounds funny I can't but help wonder how it equates to Modern Luxury. Yes it's a charter but this ship is still a fully branded Celebrity Ship.

I might be wrong, and maybe I've led a sheltered life, but I somehow can't imagine The Four Seasons on Park Lane, London - closing down for the weekend so a private party can be held turning the the hotel into a Nudist Swingers Theme Park.

Whilst hearing of a nudist swingers cruise sounds funny I can't but help wonder how it equates to Modern Luxury. Yes it's a charter but this ship is still a fully branded Celebrity Ship.

I might be wrong, and maybe I've led a sheltered life, but I somehow can't imagine The Four Seasons on Park Lane, London - closing down for the weekend so a private party can be held turning the the hotel into a Nudist Swingers Theme Park.

That same hotel is also not going to have its staff play volleyball in their pool with their guests, or offer room service for no charge, or allow any of its rooms to be sold inclusive of all meals and entertainment for $100 a day or less (as in an inside cabin). I'd call this a lemons to oranges comparison, close but not quite, and not as far off as apples to oranges.

And if you don't think that swingers use fancy hotels privately.....or people sit butt naked on the desk chair or sofa in hotels which get no cleaning between guests....you HAVE led a sheltered life. If you don't think that someone has sat butt naked on the chair at the desk in your Celebrity cabin or on the sofa (or any other cruise line for that matter) that was not part of a nude cruise, again, you are mistaken. I wonder if people realize exactly how little cleaning goes on in hotel rooms and cruise cabins. Textiles don't get steam cleaned between every guest, likely happens 1 or 2 times a year.

What happens on a cruise before or after you are on yours, doesn't really matter. All that matters is how YOUR cruise is.

For the group using the facilities on that cruise, it is their idea of Modern Luxury.

I often say Modern Luxury is not that same as Classic Luxury.

Edited by cle-guy

Yep, we were on Azamara Quest right after a swinger cruise. The ship was spotlessly clean, if you didn't know about the previous cruise, there was not way you wold know. To each his/her own, I guess....

The first cruise that the Silhouette did (after the delivery cruise) was a charter. We were on the next trip, and would have been none the wiser, if it weren't for a purple feathered boa on the balcony.

Most of the crew said it was a great time, if not exhausting.

And if you don't think that swingers use fancy hotels privately.....or people sit butt naked on the desk chair or sofa in hotels which get no cleaning between guests....you HAVE led a sheltered life. If you don't think that someone has sat butt naked on the chair at the desk in your Celebrity cabin or on the sofa (or any other cruise line for that matter) that was not part of a nude cruise, again, you are mistaken. I wonder if people realize exactly how little cleaning goes on in hotel rooms and cruise cabins. Textiles don't get steam cleaned between every guest, likely happens 1 or 2 times a year. I often say Modern Luxury is not that same as Classic Luxury.

So very true..... :eek::D

Does the crew have the option to go nude also.?:)

That would not be a good idea ;because ,they work together male & female :eek:.

How would you motivate some one after seeing them in the nude & they seeing you in the nude .Just imagine a nude supervisor & a nude employee together :rolleyes:

Too funny! How "dirty" do you think people are? Nudists don't sit bare-assed anywhere...they will always have something between their bare bottoms and any surface!

As for cabins, I'm pretty sure most people get "nude" in the privacy of their own cabins!

At least in my city the problem is the nudists would sit everywhere and not have anything between their body and the surface they were sitting on.

Anyone interested in the facts?

I've been on six of these, all fully-clothed. This is an adult, couples cruise cruise. No kids.

Passengers tend to take formal nights extremely seriously, and you will see almost all of the men in suits and tuxedos. Other nights are more dressy than regular cruises (I've been on more than 30 of those). There are only a handful of places where you can be nude (pool deck is one of them), and a good percentage, like me, are not.

Michael's Club and other suite benefits are in effect, as are Captain's Club benefits. The cruise is significantly more expensive than a regular cruise, primarily due to the top-notch entertainment brought on for the cruise. And yes, they sell out.

I love the no-kids atmosphere - there is less rushing, pushing and general rudeness. People are friendly and kind. And they are doctors, lawyers, teachers, preachers, business people - you name it - and your next door neighbors.

This shines a whole new light on a Cruise Critic meet and greet and the Celebrity connections party.

Yikes, we're boarding the Eclipse on the same day ... Best make sure we don't end up on the wrong ship!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk