Royal introduces Suite Class

dkjretired

At the very end of the article there is a tantalizing mention of a suites-only restaurant: "Royal Suite Class guests also will have exclusive access to the California-chic Coastal Kitchen restaurant reserved for Suite guests only." The more I think about it, doesn't it sound more like Blu than Luminae???

FINALLY, something about their suite program to entice me to try RCL.

Exactly what went through my mind!

Interesting that the announcement was linked to Michael Bayley's name and he was very involved in setting up Celebrity's Suite Class.

I found it interesting and a great idea to help bring the suite experience up a level. Wonder how long it will be before it is expanded across the entire fleet, which would be a good idea. (Good job Mr. Bayley.)

Unless I missed something the suite benefits on Royal are only for the Mega ships. We just sailed on the Brilliance of the Seas in the Royal Suite (equivalent of the Penthouse on Celebrity) and we were "under whelmed". Other than a bigger room there were no benefits. After that cruise we decided we'd just stick with Celebrity.

The new suite class on Royal is enticing but why doesn't it apply to all of their ships? Or does it and I just missed it.

I found it interesting and a great idea to help bring the suite experience up a level. Wonder how long it will be before it is expanded across the entire fleet, which would be a good idea. (Good job Mr. Bayley.)

Unless I missed something the suite benefits on Royal are only for the Mega ships. We just sailed on the Brilliance of the Seas in the Royal Suite (equivalent of the Penthouse on Celebrity) and we were "under whelmed". Other than a bigger room there were no benefits. After that cruise we decided we'd just stick with Celebrity.

The new suite class on Royal is enticing but why doesn't it apply to all of their ships? Or does it and I just missed it.

According to a rep on their official FB page they currently have no plans to expand it to the rest of the fleet. It is this statement that has now pushed me to trying other cruise companies after being loyal to Royal Caribbean. The suite class on Celebrity, on the face of it, seems far superior and includes virtually all ships which is the biggest bonus to me.

I have contacted them to ask why it is not applicable to the entire fleet. Fine, if there is no separate restaurant and that cannot be easily added but the other perks could be implemented as they are being on the 6 included ships.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Is this competition for NCL's Haven?

One of the things that got me hooked on cruising years ago was that almost everyone got the same level of service no matter what category of room you booked. So now will an inside cabin be considered "steerage?"

On the plus side, It does give me and others options on what would be considered a value for each passenger.

Is this competition for NCL's Haven?

One of the things that got me hooked on cruising years ago was that almost everyone got the same level of service no matter what category of room you booked. So now will an inside cabin be considered "steerage?"

On the plus side, It does give me and others options on what would be considered a value for each passenger.

Celebrity had to compete with the Haven and now so does Royal.

I don't understand things like this. After you're done paying for the ship within a ship or whatever they're calling that concept today aren't you essentially paying near what you would for a higher tier of cruise? Why not just go for the higher tiered line to begin with?

I don't understand things like this. After you're done paying for the ship within a ship or whatever they're calling that concept today aren't you essentially paying near what you would for a higher tier of cruise? Why not just go for the higher tiered line to begin with?

Yes, the dollars do mount up and begin to equal a fare on the premium lines, but it isn't an apples to apples comparative. The Suite Life on the premium lines, much less the luxury lines will generally be substantially above a comparable accommodation on X, HAL, or Princess.

The size and personality of each of the lines has to be taken into consideration, and they are not really comparable. (There are even thread here about whether either HAL or Princess are equal to X, much less whether X is comparable to premium lines.) People choose a line for many reasons in combination with the level of accommodation. Some want quiet restraint and others want a little partying to go with their butler. Some go for string quartets and some go for hip hop. Some are foodies and some are traditionalists. Suites may be somewhat comparable in amenities but the neighborhoods are different.

I guess ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice.

The top tier has big rooms with multiple occupancy more family focused than couple rooms.

Crown loft suites and Owners suites are the more couple focused rooms and only really have the perk of the conceirge lounge. When we travelled on Allure much as we loved the location and layout of the conceirge lounge we did not particularly enjoy because of the number of people in generally and the number of very young children.

I think that RCCL will attract the family market and extended family groups who want a bit more 'Luxury/value added' but the Celebrity cruiser who enjoys the quiet ambience of Luminae and Michael's will not find it meets their needs.

Also as someone said only a relatively few ships are presently included.

Loyalty. Loyalty perks. Not wanting to sail smaller ships, that are quieter 24/7 as opposed to having a quite space when you want it, and action outside the space when you want it.

Loyalty.

The top tier has big rooms with multiple occupancy more family focused than couple rooms.

Crown loft suites and Owners suites are the more couple focused rooms and only really have the perk of the conceirge lounge. When we travelled on Allure much as we loved the location and layout of the conceirge lounge we did not particularly enjoy because of the number of people in generally and the number of very young children.

I think that RCCL will attract the family market and extended family groups who want a bit more 'Luxury/value added' but the Celebrity cruiser who enjoys the quiet ambience of Luminae and Michael's will not find it meets their needs.

Also as someone said only a relatively few ships are presently included.

Loyalty. Loyalty perks. Not wanting to sail smaller ships, that are quieter 24/7 as opposed to having a quite space when you want it, and action outside the space when you want it.

Loyalty.

Thank you.