What do you request?

music

We request the following as soon as we see our steward:

1. Empty the fridge and take away the snacks and water one has to pay for

2. We want ice twice a day morning and night

3. We want a complete set of additional towels in the bathroom

4. We want to ensure that there are always sufficient toiletries in the bathroom.

5. If we have any other requests we will leave them on a post it note on the mirror

6. (if in CC or above) we don't want the afternoon canapés or the fruit if it is only apples

Most of the above requests have come about as a result of a bad experience.

When we get the "How are we doing questionnaire" we always run it past the steward first in order that he has an opportunity to rectify any issues

Just a couple of the usual things:

• Feather pillows
  • Wine Glasses
  • Champagne Glasses
  • Ice bucket for wine
  • Fill mini bar with ONLY Coke and Coors beer
  • Replace duvet with blanket
  • Water pitcher filled half way with ice refreshed 3x daily
  • Two extra towels folded in a square (not rectangular) with each towel change
  • Bed's put together every morning but separated at turn down
  • Loungers for the deck
  • Three extra sitting chairs
  • extra hangers
  • store luggage for us
  • Cardboard box covered with sheet for laundry bin
  • Extra bottled water on counter
  • Towel animals daily (No Monkeys!!)
  • Cleaned and sanitized glasses daily (no cleaning with dusting cloth)
  • 14 rolls of extra toilet paper
  • 3 extra boxes of Kleenex
  • two copies of daily program each evening
  • Blanket to use as covering for fake leather sofa
  • Roll of string
  • Extra laundry bags and forms
  • And a partridge in a pear tree!

What a coincidence! We do the same thing....except we need 18 TP's and we cancel the pears..hate them. :D

We ask for pitchers of ice water twice a day as my wife must drink lots for medicinal purposes (in fact we are just asking for a service that Celebrity automatically provided for years). I don't think one should have to buy water! I have never had a problem with the tap water in the past, but these days, the "cold" water is warm. Yuck.

Bill

Edited by spearmint

Don't want to take the thread in another direction but...has anyone given their steward a bit of tip when you know they're going off ship for personal time off?

We like to give a little extra at the end of our cruise to some of the staff that has been "our cruise friend" as they have always been great. But, I like this idea better. So next time I'll ask if they are leaving the ship on port days! Thanks :)

We tell him/her not to replace the sheets every day, just make the bed, twice during a 7 day should be sufficient (I think every day is excessive and I feel for them having to do that so often). After all, I only change mine at home once a week on wash day. And the refrigerator to be emptied!

We ask that our ice bucket be filled every day and our trash can emptied a lot. I hate those annoying papers they have to pass out:cool:.

In general, our stewards have light duty...I keep a ship shape cabin, so you won't find ours not neat with all our stuff put away. I'm just OCD that way.

Edited by BecciBoo

We tell him/her not to replace the sheets every day, just make the bed, twice during a 7 day should be sufficient (I think every day is excessive and I feel for them having to do that so often). After all, I only change mine at home once a week on wash day.

We ask that our ice bucket be filled every day and our trash can emptied a lot. I hate those annoying papers they have to pass out:cool:.

In general, our stewards have light duty...I keep a ship shape cabin, so you won't find ours not neat with all our stuff put away. I'm just OCD that way.

Do they replace the sheets every day on Celebrity?

We haven't been on Celebrity for almost two years.

So regarding the ice issue. You have to REQUEST ice (and bucket:p) daily? Will ice (and bucket) be in our room when we embark? Our TA usually leaves us a bottle of champagne that we drink on our balcony at sailaway. If there's no ice (and bucket) there we'll have to go get some, I guess.:confused:

We haven't been on Celebrity for almost two years.

So regarding the ice issue. You have to REQUEST ice (and bucket:p) daily? Will ice (and bucket) be in our room when we embark? Our TA usually leaves us a bottle of champagne that we drink on our balcony at sailaway. If there's no ice (and bucket) there we'll have to go get some, I guess.:confused:

It will be delivered in an ice bucket.

Also we have always had ice in our cabin everyday on all cruises without asking. I believe it is the water pitcher that was eliminated unless requested.

It will be delivered in an ice bucket.

Also we have always had ice in our cabin everyday on all cruises without asking. I believe it is the water pitcher that was eliminated unless requested.

We have needed to request both the water pitcher and ice bucket on our most recent cruises.

In past years they used to provide both in all staterooms automatically, but then they changed the policy to make them "upon request" items, although there appear to be some inconsistencies.

Have not sailed Celebrity yet, but I don't think the list would be any different. As others pointed out, they are busy the first day, but I usually leave a note for them along with an extra tip, requesting extra hangers and towels (after checking to see if they are needed of course), and ice. I don't like asking for it twice a day, (not judging anyone who does, I just hate having a long list) but sometimes they do that anyway, without asking. Also for the beds to be separated, because I travel with friends, and usually the beds are together when we get there. Oh and last time since some of us had neighboring cabins, we also requested the balcony divider be taken down. Not sure if that's an option on Celebrity or not (Of course you don't want to do this if you don't know your neighbors! ;))

Edited by fluffysue

Have not sailed Celebrity yet, but I don't think the list would be any different. As others pointed out, they are busy the first day, but I usually leave a note for them along with an extra tip, requesting extra hangers and towels (after checking to see if they are needed of course), and ice. I don't like asking for it twice a day, (not judging anyone who does, I just hate having a long list) but sometimes they do that anyway, without asking. Also for the beds to be separated, because I travel with friends, and usually the beds are together when we get there. Oh and last time since some of us had neighboring cabins, we also requested the balcony divider be taken down. Not sure if that's an option on Celebrity or not (Of course you don't want to do this if you don't know your neighbors! ;))

I am again amazed as to why a tip is required for someone to do their daily job. Some balconys can be joined some cant so I guess it is something of a potluck. I would ask before joining the ship so there is no disappointment upon embarkation. Much better to be grumpy now than later.