How many X cruise goers are in cruise critic?

cl.klink

On another Celebrity thread this week, someone opined that only a small percentage of cruisers on Celebrity are also on Cruise Critic. Are there data on this? What percentage of cruisers on an average Celebrity cruise happen to be readers of Cruise Critic? And, is the percentage higher or lower than that on other cruise lines?

- Joel

I heard the number 10% but have no idea if that is accurate. I do know that most people I talk to on the ship have never heard of Cruise Critic.

On our upcoming Oct TA there are 164 signed up for the Connections gathering. The Reflection holds about 3000 so that's 5%. Even you figure not everyone who is on CC joins the roll-call or signs up for the Connections then using that cruise as a indication 10% would be on the high side.

All one needs do is spend a few hours over on the Roll Call board, and look at the number of active members. On the 'search for a roll call' it gives the number of members on each thread. Ruff math, 4 M-class ships with approx 2000 pax per sailing, and 5 S-class ships with approx 2700 per. An avg RC has 50 posters, a large one 75+. Less than 3% of the pax are on CC.

Here is the link, http://cruisecritic.com/rollcalls,

Edited by wallie5446

All one needs do is spend a few hours over on the Roll Call board, and look at the number of active members. On the 'search for a roll call' it gives the number of members on each thread. Ruff math, 4 M-class ships with approx 2000 pax per sailing, and 5 S-class ships with approx 2700 per. An avg RC has 50 posters, a large one 75+. Less than 3% of the pax are on CC.

Here is the link, http://cruisecritic.com/rollcalls,

Not everyone on CC also joins the roll call!

Not everyone on CC reading is also posting/registered!

Not everyone on CC also joins the roll call!

Not everyone on CC reading is also posting/registered!

That's true. I've met a lot of people at Sail Away who come up and introduce themselves and say they never post -- just lurk.

I think the 10% figure is a good guesstimate.

On another Celebrity thread this week, someone opined that only a small percentage of cruisers on Celebrity are also on Cruise Critic. Are there data on this? What percentage of cruisers on an average Celebrity cruise happen to be readers of Cruise Critic? And, is the percentage higher or lower than that on other cruise lines?

- Joel

Certainly more than say Cunard. Their get togethers usually had about 20-40 members total. Celebrity meetings(on the Eclipse) at times numbered over 100. We did not attend the meeting last Jan. We did in 2014. I hate saying, but it was a pretty boring group. There's so much to do, we don't always attend.

I'm not a great resource, as I don't cruise to chat with people,lol but the times I do chat with others, very few are aware of cruise critic! and many are not aware, you can get better deals with a TA......Shouldnt surprise one, as many don't use the internet to its fullest....Good example is those that never use the search feature,lol

It really doesn't matter to me what percentage of the people on my cruises are members of Cruise Critic. What does matter to me is that I've met some really wonderful fellow cruisers who I recognize from posting on these boards. Past postings on Cruise Critic often provide a basis for some interesting face to face discussions.

It really doesn't matter to me what percentage of the people on my cruises are members of Cruise Critic. What does matter to me is that I've met some really wonderful fellow cruisers who I recognize from posting on these boards. Past postings on Cruise Critic often provide a basis for some interesting face to face discussions.

Happy birthday Charles. ;)

I assure you that Celebrity takes the input of CC members seriously. Probably because for every one of us who enjoy posting there is a huge percentage that just reads the information. On my recent summit cruise which had a small and slow roll call, it was attended by the Cruise Director Ken Mills, Captain Leo and Captain Kate plus an assortment of other important officers.