Problems with Status showing on Set Sail pass

I've never ever looked at our set sail pass for a C&A status. As long as our sea pass card say's Diamond and we get the benefits onboard, I could care less what's on a set sail pass.......

I agree, it's a minor thing. The only effect that comes to mind would be the inability to get into a priority check-in line if you were not in a suite.

Our Crown & Anchor status has not shown for quite a while on our setsail passes.

We always have a carry on bag with us when arriving in the terminal. We place a luggage tag on it that does list our Crown & Anchor status.

We often write our Crown & Anchor status on the set sail too...

I was told that this is a recurring problem if you are using certain versions of Internet Explorer. On our last cruise, when I printed using IE our C&A status did not show on the set sail pass. I then used Firefox and it prints fine with the C&A status on it. Hope this helps.

try this link to a thread in February 2015

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2164521&highlight=status+on+set+sail+pass

Edited by retird

I agree, it's a minor thing. The only effect that comes to mind would be the inability to get into a priority check-in line if you were not in a suite.

It is minor, but the question was asked so I never get why someone (not you Bob) has to come onto a thread and act like they're above it. OP started the thread to ask about the issue, not get opinions on whether or not it was a valid question or who was felt it wasn't important.

BTW, I use Chrome and as I said previously, no issue.

Edited by BND

Dang you all for making me get up out of my nice comfy chair to check! I leave in a week and no status! Maybe I'll try to reprint tomorrow, but, you know RCI, they'll end up cancelling my whole cruise! :eek: My luggage tags do say Diamond, though, oh well, maybe I'll be meeting a whole bunch of new friends in the line! :D:D

The last thing that I would be willing to do this close to the cruise would be to have C&A make any changes to the reservation. There is a person that I know sailing b2b with us who "lost" his JS on the second week and now has to sail in a D1 because when C&A linked his two reservations a couple of weeks ago the agent didn't notice that the computer re-priced the reservation which caused it to be canceled for non payment. Royal, after being notified of the error, refused to remove the new people in his room (even though he has had the reservation since opening day) and there are no other suites available on this sailing. I know this sounds too strange to be true and there is no way to "prove" this on this public forum but I'm sure that many of you are aware that the computer often tries to re-price to the current taxes when a reservation is changed and has to be overwritten by the rep. This one didn't do her job and now he gets to suffer.

So, long story short, not worth having them mess with my reservation for something like this.:confused:

I believe what you say and agree about not doing anything to our reservation(s). Hope Royal is making it up to them in some way.

Printed Set Sail pass today for Jewel next week. C&A status is missing.

What was interesting is that:

1. I couldn't access my reservation in My Cruises and had to go through Online Check In in "Before you Board". Never had to do it that way before.

2. I had to print a Set Sail Pass for each of us.

3. On my Set Sail Pass it says I have an Cash Onboard Expense Account and that Onboard Expenses will be paid by my DH.

I'm so frustrated with all the IT mixups. It's getting worse....not better.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I believe what you say and agree about not doing anything to our reservation(s). Hope Royal is making it up to them in some way.

Printed Set Sail pass today for Jewel next week. C&A status is missing.

What was interesting is that:

1. I couldn't access my reservation in My Cruises and had to go through Online Check In in "Before you Board". Never had to do it that way before.

2. I had to print a Set Sail Pass for each of us.

3. On my Set Sail Pass it says I have an Cash Onboard Expense Account and that Onboard Expenses will be paid by my DH.

I'm so frustrated with all the IT mixups. It's getting worse....not better.

I actually tried going in that way also. Tried rebooting IE, tried Chrome and tried through a Google link. The SS seems fine (has my credit card) just no status.

As far as compensation, they offered him a little OBC. He wrote a couple of hot letters and I believe they upped it a little but justice would be him getting back his cabin. We can both ask him in the CL on the Coastal.

On a side note, we are thinking of looking for a place out your way. This house is just too big with the kids gone and now it looks like the youngest DD may be moving to FL. So, maybe a small place out your way and a small place in FL or move our 5th wheel there. A couple of our other kids live near you.

Anyone else having problems with your C&A Status showing up on your Set Sail pass?

I started to have the problem about a year ago, and would call in and they would have to remove my number from the reservation and put it in again and it would always work.

Now for my next two bookings nothing appeared on my Set Sail pass and they can not fix the problem (They have verified CandA number is right and my luggage tags show the correct info).

Anyone else experiencing this as well? Others I am sailing with in other cabins are showing up just fine.

Ha. You made me look. You are right: Not there.

YOU have a solution that most others don't, however. Wear your Pinnacle pin when you go to the pier.

I'm pleased you mentioned this as I have the same on an upcoming cruise. I couldn't understand why when I selected that the other person would be paying for both of us on their credit card, it showed I was having a cash account...

RCI IT, I'll say no more!

I actually tried going in that way also. Tried rebooting IE, tried Chrome and tried through a Google link. The SS seems fine (has my credit card) just no status.

If you order Luggage tags, just have one handy with your SetSail Pass. It does have "your name" and "your cabin" number on it.:D

Glad I read about this , no status printed a couple of weeks ago , reprinted just now , status there . Thanks

My SIL is travelling with us , we are Diamond , this is her first cruise. Will she be able to check in with us or should we just go with her to the regular line ?

Glad I read about this , no status printed a couple of weeks ago , reprinted just now , status there . Thanks

My SIL is travelling with us , we are Diamond , this is her first cruise. Will she be able to check in with us or should we just go with her to the regular line ?

Depends on port personnel. Our experience has been that we are usually allowed to check-in together if the number of extra guests is small.

[quote name='CptSticky']I actually tried going in that way also. Tried rebooting IE, tried Chrome and tried through a Google link. The SS seems fine (has my credit card) just no status.
As far as compensation, they offered him a little OBC. He wrote a couple of hot letters and I believe they upped it a little but justice would be him getting back his cabin. We can both ask him in the CL on the Coastal.
On a side note, we are thinking of looking for a place out your way. This house is just too big with the kids gone and now it looks like the youngest DD may be moving to FL. So, maybe a small place out your way and a small place in FL or move our 5th wheel there. A couple of our other kids live near you.[/quote]

We moved from a big 2-story house 8 years ago and love living here.
We're in Solera. It's a 55+ gated community of 1331 home with a beautiful fitness center, clubs and activities. Four Seasons and Sun Lakes are similar communities. We can talk more when we see you on the Coastal. Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

[quote name='Lionesss']Recently became diamond (August) and on RCI home page we show Diamond,

Howevr we are getting all the "promos" and sales fliers as "Emerald"

So must take a while to catch up if it ever does.

Sea Ya[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are correct. Apparently, Royal Caribbean pulls their mailing lists weeks ahead of time, so there would be a delay before they start recognizing your new status in the promotional emails.

[quote name='island284']I have found more often than not if I print out my set said papers immediately after filling out the info the status does NOT show. If i try again the NEXT DAY, the status is there. I hope that works for all of you. Basically you printed the first copy. Then it shows on the second copy.

Island284[/QUOTE]

I printed my set sail pass about 3 minutes after making final payment. My status is on the pass.

Like gift preferences and upgrade preferences, who has them on their IT-generated stuff and who doesn't seems to be random and unpredictable.

I was going to say that: Just when my preferences reappeared, my SetSail Pass status disappeared! :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :confused: :D

We have just reached Diamond Plus. Due to leave in 2 weeks on Anthem. our set sail pass says "Diamond Plus" but there is nothing on the self pring luggage tags! Am I dreaming or do they send tags to Diamond plus and above ( or do tou have to request them ?) or odes it really matter?

[quote name='Englishcruiser']We have just reached Diamond Plus. Due to leave in 2 weeks on Anthem. our set sail pass says "Diamond Plus" but there is nothing on the self pring luggage tags! Am I dreaming or do they send tags to Diamond plus and above ( or do tou have to request them ?) or odes it really matter?[/quote]
Free mailed luggage tags can only be requested by guests in GS and better staterooms, and Pinnacle Club C&A members.

[quote name='cruisenfever']If you order Luggage tags, just have one handy with your SetSail Pass. It does have "your name" and "your cabin" number on it.:D[/quote]
Patti, I do have several alternative ways to prove status and have used some of them in the past. The OP however stated that security refused to accept anything except status on the SS. Next cruise is out of San Pedro and there usually is no problem there so we will see what happens.