Could the rci website get any worse

Ashland

What's wrong with cabins near the elevators?:confused:

We too try to position our cabins near or between forward and mid elevators.

I don't care what the Royal website does or doesn't do as long as I can complete my online check-in and print my set sail pass.

I do all my research and booking through a major online cruise agency that has a site that works 99.9% of the time, has excellent customer service and offers me 2 or 3 x what Royal does in onboard credit and additional perks.

After all the hoopla about the new Website I had to take a look and browse it a bit.

While it Looks a bit differently in some parts, it actually worked quite well for me.

Well....the website looks more "professional" ....lol....but big mistake! Hate not seeing the available cabins within a category! Or even category (D1, D2, etc) within a category unless I am missing something. Also, previously you could key in a specific cabin and it would show available or not....I don't see that anymore. What a pain in the patootie! I like picking out my own cabin and then booking with my TA! We are probably (or at least close:)) our TA's easiest clients. We just send them date, ship, specific cabin and tell them to book it! LOL I agree this probably is also trying to keep folks from watching for price drops though.

Come on RC....please actually consider what your users want to see/search/book and include those items in the website in a user friendly way!!!

All of what you have been listed as missing is still there for me.

As a Bonus ;) in the C&A part the Options to select your upgrade preferrence and the Gifts selection is back.:cool:

What's wrong with cabins near the elevators?:confused:

We find that the noise of the elevator bell and the people coming and going not to our liking when we are in our stateroom. We don't mind walking and would rather choose something further away to ensure peace and quiet.

We find that the noise of the elevator bell and the people coming and going not to our liking when we are in our stateroom. We don't mind walking and would rather choose something further away to ensure peace and quiet.

Interesting. We've probably had at least 20 cruises with a stateroom near the opening to the elevator lobby, and I can never remember hearing the elevator bell.

After all the hoopla about the new Website I had to take a look and browse it a bit.

While it Looks a bit differently in some parts, it actually worked quite well for me.

All of what you have been listed as missing is still there for me.

As a Bonus ;) in the C&A part the Options to select your upgrade preferrence and the Gifts selection is back.:cool:

Great. Please tell me how to do it then. I can admit operator error! Lol. Once I select Balcony Comfort....how do I choose between D1 and D2? How do I then choose/see available cabins within the D1 category?

I have no problem with the My Cruises or C&A section. Just can't locate specify. Category/cabin to confirm pricing/location and book.

Edited by skiiergirl

Interesting. We've probably had at least 20 cruises with a stateroom near the opening to the elevator lobby, and I can never remember hearing the elevator bell.

Same here and that includes those Cruises when I wasn´t even able to hear the Elevator bell due to the loud Music from the Centrum when Standing in front of the Elevators. As soon as I Close the cabin door it was all silence. No Music, no Elevator bells, no noise from People Walking by.

I always try to be as Close to the stairs/Elevators as possible.

I can see that People look for differet Locations, but to state RCI Displays those Locations first as they are the least favorable for the General cruiser is simply wrong.

Great. Please tell me how to do it then. I can admit operator error! Lol. Once I select Balcony Comfort....how do I choose between D1 and D2? How do I then choose/see available cabins within the D1 category?

I have no problem with the My Cruises or C&A section. Just can't locate specify. Category/cabin to confirm pricing/location and book.

1. Select your cruise and cruise date

2. Select balcony stateroom

3. Select Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

4. Select View or Change Location

Then you get a selection of availble staterooms by deck and you can also search by cabin number.

Then you get a selection of availble staterooms by deck and you can also search by cabin number.

When I do that all I can see is all available cabins in that category (lowest balcony cabin on Oasis for example which is a D8)

How do I get to see all D6 available cabins?

A bit counterintuitive (what else is new :rolleyes: ), but once you select the cabin category (i.e. Superior Balcony) if you click on the little D1 icon the system will default to that category and choose a D1 cabin for you.

A bit counterintuitive (what else is new :rolleyes: ), but once you select the cabin category (i.e. Superior Balcony) if you click on the little D1 icon the system will default to that category and choose a D1 cabin for you.

Where are the icons to select the sub-category after you choose "Select View or Change Location" ? I also continue to only see D8 cabins when I follow these instructions and would like to also view available cabins in the other D categories.

Every time they change the website I cross my fingers that they'll allow us to check for rooms that sleep more than 4 people. But of course it never happens. Having to call to check pricing on Family rooms is such a PITA when you're trying to compare a few cruises at a time.

I'll second that! We have had many cabins near the elevators by our own choice, and never had a problem with elevator bells or noisy people. Just giving another point of view!:)

I don't want to know if this could be worse.

I was changing a reservation to a different ship and date so had to call. I also wanted to see if there were other balconies available. The person "assisting" me wanted to charge me $500 more than the website price and couldn't see any other cabins. I convinced him that this specific cabin a the price I wanted was available. Mission finally accomplished.

Now if they had a robust system you could search for a cruise by cabin type, ie looking for a hump or aft cabin. We will see that upgrade as soon as I shoo that pesky unicorn off my property.

I would have to say I have always been amazed how sound proof the cabin doors are.

I have also wondered at RCI's choice of "we have picked this as the best cabin" in the past, so going with the hundreds of times others (and myself a few) have said being central is preferable for most cruisers, it sounds like one thing that is better.

I imagine they are working in the background to get these glitches fixed. I am now happy that when I click on the button to try to view change to a different cabin location that it is actually working. Now the deck plan view is zoomed in, much clearer and easier to see and you can actually read the legend icon on the cabin.

I find it hard to imagine that people are so determined that they must book a cruise immediately that they can't either ring up, or wait a few days for the glitches to settle.

Maybe we need a new thread with all the things that are actually better now? I have been frustrated that it was not working ok also, but I was heartened at the thought that they were trying to do something to improve the site. It is not like the site problem threads haven't been dragging on for YEARS here.

Ok...so what I do like....

• the weekly date comparison scroll at the top when you select your cruise date. It lets you easily see if the week prior or after are cheaper.
  • the 'choose your stateroom' screen where you can see each room specs, layout and price

But what they changed (so I don't like it now)

• how do you select your cabin number? ...it seems to be on the following page but not as obvious
  • how do you find the location of your stateroom (deck and location)...it seems to be on the following page but not as obvious
  • what happened to the excursion details of what is available?

Edited by LuCruise