Qsine or Tuscan Grill for two people

wendyatpml

I agree. We've eaten at Qsine 3 times. Once in a group and twice just the 2 of us.

I enjoyed it much more with the group.

Plus Tuscan Grill is romantic, nice dining venue for 2.

Edited by Muushka

On boarding, ask at specialty res desk which day, which restaurant is doing lunch (not full menu, usually a sea day.) Lunch is half price so you can try both at a saving.

If plan to do lunch, make reservation. Lunch may be cancelled if too few reserve (but we were offered dinner at lunch discount). Happy Cruising

Qsine is really (to me) and once or twice and done, and definitely more fun in a larger group. We did a group on our roll call a couple times and it was great because we basically tried the entire menu.

We've been ourselves twice too. We got the things we knew we liked and had to practically BEG them not to bring too much food. In other words, if we order spring rolls, bring ONE to split between us, not TWO EACH.

Tuscan is our favorite specialty restaurant of all. We typically go first night. And once again mid cruise. Love it. Highly recommend.

I guess I'm the only one who prefers Qsine as a twosome. We went with a group (our second trip) and we were at a table for 10. It was rectangular and we were stuck at the end. One guy in the middle did all the ordering without even asking what anyone else would prefer. I think if we went with another group we would ask for a round table. We like both Tuscan and Qsine.

We went to Qsine as 2 people and loved it. Yes, it would have been more fun with a bigger group. But you're not being charged by the item, so if you don't finish every bite, it's not the end of the world. (I'm not advocating taking just 1 bite of everything, but you also don't have to limit yourself to 1-2 items/person.)

Tuscan was nice, but it's like many restaurants on land. Qsine isn't like anything on land. Yes, it's a bit quirky and maybe a bit faddish. But when we go on vacation, we like to do things that we wouldn't otherwise get to do.

Tuscan has a nice view of the aft, but as we always book an aft balcony, that wasn't anything special for us. So keep in mind that how much of a plus the view is depends on what cabin you have.

In a perfect world you'd get to do both, but if we could only choose 1, we'd choose Qsine in a heartbeat.

I guess I'm the only one who prefers Qsine as a twosome. We went with a group (our second trip) and we were at a table for 10. It was rectangular and we were stuck at the end. One guy in the middle did all the ordering without even asking what anyone else would prefer. I think if we went with another group we would ask for a round table. We like both Tuscan and Qsine.

Hi TeaBag, sounds like the person ordering was a "Control Freak":rolleyes:

I have been to Qsine with different sized groups before.....been with 2,

3, 4...up to 8 people (that I can remember). And it is much more

fun when everyone participates.:) I actually felt bad at one dinner....

one gal mentioned she didn't like what we had chosen.....I tried to

tell her to call the waiter back over and order something else....

When you are sailing with folks you don't know real well and try to help? That

doesn't always work either. We had a group from our roll call that went

together.

As for which restaurant? I love Qsine too. So you are not alone:D

Edited by Lois R

If you want a romantic dining experience with great food, go to Tuscan. However, if you want to try some unusual presentations, go for Qsine. Not the greatest food but it is a lot of fun.

We opt for Tuscan due to view, service, and food.

We are going to try one or the other restaurant. We are just two people. Some say that you should only go to Qsine with a big group. What do you think?

We went to Qsine once as a couple. Too much on each plate, no real chance to try the variety without huge waste. I look forward to going back but with a total group size of six.

I have to second all the comments about Qsine. I believe it is better with a group. Also if its your first time you can enjoy it also. You have to ask your waiter to slow down bringing the food because it does keep coming fast. We ate at Qusine on our last cruise and it had been a while since we had done it before. The food was before and I have to admit I thought the per serving size was smaller(to me that is a good thing because you usually leave Qsine stuffed) Tuscan is also very nice and I have to second the other posters who say the view is spectacular. Food is very good, well prepared but depending where you are and the time of day the view is outstanding.