A la carte maths test

KeithJenner

1. I give, did you ask? Is it new math?

2. I find it interesting that you had the UDP and you got a $30 credit when NCL said they would be treated no differently than before (the entire meal would be at no charge, except for the upcharge items, even though that is not plainly explained). Wonder if someone eats more than $30 based on the a la carte menu (which you didn't), would they be charged for the additional?

Edited by NLH Arizona

I assume my credit was $30 as that is what I spent. If I'd have spent more then I would have been credited more.

I went to guest services this morning about it, more to let them know there is a problem than anything else. They're going to look into it. It is almost certainly an error rather than some secret charge, but as has been said, it shouldn't happen.

I assume my credit was $30 as that is what I spent. If I'd have spent more then I would have been credited more.

I went to guest services this morning about it, more to let them know there is a problem than anything else. They're going to look into it. It is almost certainly an error rather than some secret charge, but as has been said, it shouldn't happen.

Thanks, that makes sense about the $30.

Sorry you had this math issue.

Has anyone said what the limitations are with the UDP in the newly a la carte restaurants? Is there a limit to the apps, sides, desserts? Are all entrees included or are some "premium"?

Thanks!

Brad

That's what they are now calling "common core" math.

I can imagine how NCL will screw it up with cruisers decide to have dinner together -- 1 with UDP, 1 with SDP, 1 with SDP who doesn't want to use SDP for that meal, 1 child who orders off the regular menu, another child orders off the kids menu......

The a la carte pricing makes everything complicated. It was much simpler with the UDP and flat surcharges. We chose all specialty dining and the UDP on our 1st NCL cruise because the menu items looked much nicer. I can only imagine that the included dining will get worse now that NCL is adding a la carte to the main dining (Manhattan Room) too. I might just eat cheeseburgers and fish tacos at Margaritaville and stick to the buffet!

Edited by SeaWatcher65

Has anyone said what the limitations are with the UDP in the newly a la carte restaurants? Is there a limit to the apps, sides, desserts? Are all entrees included or are some "premium"?

Thanks!

Brad

I would love to know the answer to this as well - anyone?

Thanks!

Brad

I was told there are no restrictions.

Well, on our recent Escape 'taster' cruise NCL omitted to tell us that the glass of wine my daughter ordered would incur a 25% VAT charge on top of the 18% service charge making it the most expensive glass of wine she'd ever had the misfortune to taste!

Whilst I know that it's not NCLs fault that the British government impose this extra tax, not being clear and transparent IS their fault as nowhere on the drinks menu did it mention it, nor did the waiter bother to mention it before she ordered.

Well, on our recent Escape 'taster' cruise NCL omitted to tell us that the glass of wine my daughter ordered would incur a 25% VAT charge on top of the 18% service charge making it the most expensive glass of wine she'd ever had the misfortune to taste!

Whilst I know that it's not NCLs fault that the British government impose this extra tax, not being clear and transparent IS their fault as nowhere on the drinks menu did it mention it, nor did the waiter bother to mention it before she ordered.

When did the VAT rate go up from 20% to 25%?:confused:

Did they remove the extra charge from you account?

Lois

When did the VAT rate go up from 20% to 25%?:confused:

Yeah that does seem odd doesn't it? But that was the rate in the shops and also the rate on wine etc in the dining room etc. We were also confused as of course our rate of VAT is 20%. Nobody really seemed to be able to explain it other than to say that is the rate imposed on them. Maybe it is the EEC ruling???

Had we realised that the wine would attract a 25% fee on top of the 18% I am afraid we would not have bothered as it makes the cost pretty outrageous.

Wish I could explain it better! :eek: maybe someone else has better information.

Edited by ellie1145

That's what they are now calling "common core" math.

I can imagine how NCL will screw it up with cruisers decide to have dinner together -- 1 with UDP, 1 with SDP, 1 with SDP who doesn't want to use SDP for that meal, 1 child who orders off the regular menu, another child orders off the kids menu......

The a la carte pricing makes everything complicated. It was much simpler with the UDP and flat surcharges. We chose all specialty dining and the UDP on our 1st NCL cruise because the menu items looked much nicer. I can only imagine that the included dining will get worse now that NCL is adding a la carte to the main dining (Manhattan Room) too. I might just eat cheeseburgers and fish tacos at Margaritaville and stick to the buffet!

Yes this is common core math at it's finest. Maybe I'll get my fourth grader to help us out with all this craziness!