What is resort casual? Comments on AZ vs Cc?

kittyluvrnurse

Trying to figure out what that means for azamara, and what people usually wear in the evenings...

Thanks

First AZ cruise, we are die hard celebrity cruisers, any comments on the difference between the two besides obvious size is greatly appreciated.

Also, are roll calls not as popular for this cruise line??

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I dress on Azamara the same as I dress on Celebrity except I don't have to take clothes for formal night.

Our third cruise on Azamara is in February and we have not had a busy roll call on any of the three cruises. I have struggled to find others to share an excursion. On the last two cruises, there were last many posters wanting to jump on excursions that were already planned.

You will love Azamara!

I think the people on Azamara dress for dinner every night where as on Celebrity its either formal or very casual, no in between.

DH often wears a jacket on Az but never on Celebrity.

U find in general the ladies from the UK dress up more than others. i am American and prefer dresses to pants. i will dress up more for Cmas and NYE too.

We have cruised with Celebrity on numerous occasions and Azamara once this August. The cruise was a Med. Cruise around the Greek islands.

We found Azamara for the most informal.

I usually wear the type of dress which would be suitable for a nice restaurant or linen pants and dressy tops for dinner.

There were a lot more T shirts, polo shirts and sundresses on Azamara. Quite a few people had Capri pants and T shirts on in the evening but please remember the buffet in the Windows cafe is very popular and casual dress seemed to be the norm. Eating outdoors at the back of the ship was a real treat. We only saw large groups of people at the evenings entertainment so I can only go off our observations in this venue.

My husband only wore his jacket once in one of the speciality restaurants. We did see a couple of other men in a jacket in different venues but I think it was personal choice.

My advice would be as long as you are presentable personal choice seems to be the Azamara way.

One exception, the White Night.

Everyone seemed to be mostly in white. ( men had white shirts, pale trousers) The white night was simply brilliant, great food, entertainment and everyone seemed to join in and it was great fun.

Hope this helps

I think the people on Azamara dress for dinner every night where as on Celebrity its either formal or very casual, no in between.

DH often wears a jacket on Az but never on Celebrity.

I really disagree with this. I have never found this to be a generality. Yes, some will dress up. I do if I go to one of the Specialty restaurants, but there is no requirement to do so. Unlike Celebrity there is a no jeans policy in the dining venues and this has the effect of people not trying to push the boundaries of resort casual. For men you won't be laughed off the ship if you are in a dark suit, but equally you will feel very at home in a polo shirt and chino type trousers.

Phil

I really disagree with this. I have never found this to be a generality. Yes, some will dress up. I do if I go to one of the Specialty restaurants, but there is no requirement to do so. Unlike Celebrity there is a no jeans policy in the dining venues and this has the effect of people not trying to push the boundaries of resort casual. For men you won't be laughed off the ship if you are in a dark suit, but equally you will feel very at home in a polo shirt and chino type trousers.

Phil

Phil is exactly right. I wish people would stop trying to influence others to dress more formally than is required or than most people do. I wear a jacket if dining with captain, hotel director, or other senior officer, but others don't and are quite comfortable dressed that way. Phil's last clause above is right on. Nothing more is required or necessary.

Azamara is not a fashion show. It's a vacation cruise intended for enjoying ports and relaxing.

My husband never takes a jacket - he wears a polo shirt or short sleeved shirt and black or grey trousers or chinos wherever we dine, including the speciality restaurants. I wear trousers and a nice tops most nights, and I usually also take a couple of maxi dresses as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have also cruised mainly on Celebrity, hubby takes a black suit on Celebrity but not even a jacket on Azamara, I tend to wear more or less the same things on both cruise lines dark trousers and slightly dressier tops in the main, maybe a dress if it is a warmer climate cruise and a white skirt or trousers for white night if they still fit!!!! Please don't stress anything clean and smart is fine, but if you want to dress up that is fine too. On our last cruise there was two couples from the UK and the ladies wore lovely sparkly dresses every night. Enjoy.

the only real rule is no jeans in MDR.. also not tshirts in that room at night. personally i realize the buffet is as long as you have a shirt on.. but when i go to shows or the piano bar i wish people looked better. but i have been that person who should look better as i have come back on ship and gone to the bar for a drink. but on a sea day never would i not be dressed to go to a show

Trying to figure out what that means for azamara, and what people usually wear in the evenings...

Thanks

First AZ cruise, we are die hard celebrity cruisers, any comments on the difference between the two besides obvious size is greatly appreciated.

Also, are roll calls not as popular for this cruise line??

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The dress would be like traveling in Aqua on Celebrity. Nothing formal. Even in the Windows Café, buffet, I have seen shorts in the evening. All I take are Hawaiian shirts and sport shirts and slacks. Don't take sport coat or tie. You do see some in a sport coat but very few.

Steve

Phil has it spot on - wear what you would be comfortable wearing going to a restaurant in town.

Ignore the pontifications of those who want to create another code onboard in the evening in the dining room bars or show lounge

And enjoy your cruise I am sure you will

Phil has it spot on - wear what you would be comfortable wearing going to a restaurant in town.

Ignore the pontifications of those who want to create another code onboard in the evening in the dining room bars or show lounge

And enjoy your cruise I am sure you will

would not go out at night in about half of what people wear after 7 on any ship-ever!

Pls note that the dress code for the MDR recently changed from "no jeans" to "no blue jeans"...

Thank you for this update! No, I won't be wearing anything you can buy at Penny's but we are stretching this vacation in several places both warm and cold so this Next cruise has about driven me batty. I always have dressy black crepe pants and appropriate blouses and bling but changing from upscale white jeans or dark denim trousers after a long day ashore can really mess up a pre-dinner martini relax before dinner date into a hurried change and arrive at dinner feeling stressed out.

I do remember our first cruise on the Journey was their repositioning after the first season of Bermuda sailings. Back then the men wore basically nice khakis or chinos and Tommy Bahama short sleeve button down Hawaiian style shirts and many of the ladies were also wearing TB. Oh, for TB to make the ladies silk slacks again.

I was checking in to see if I should pack more short sleeve tops and blouses for the Sydney to Auckland cruise. Checking weather reports for shore rarely helps once on the ship and staying near ports. Any ideas on what to expect during the days for temperatures?

would not go out at night in about half of what people wear after 7 on any ship-ever!

Well I've been on the same cruises as you and I have to disagree. On a rare occasion I see someone who could have made more of an effort - like someone who arrived at the meet and mingle in a pair of running shorts :eek: but as I say it's been rare.

Well I've been on the same cruises as you and I have to disagree. On a rare occasion I see someone who could have made more of an effort - like someone who arrived at the meet and mingle in a pair of running shorts :eek: but as I say it's been rare.

Exactly right. I have to wonder why people denigrate what others wear. Especially when there's no real reason to. Azamara's dress code is relaxed and rarely abused.

Its all about choice really and what you feel comfortable in. Same as some people would not even dream of leaving their makeup off for one day. My friend when she was "courting" would make sure she got up a good hour before the man in her bed got up so that she could put her make up on. Whats that all about!!!!! :p

For myself, I wear little makeup during the day or none at all, depending on where I am and if I am holiday in the sun then def no makeup during the day. I do however like to dress nice in the evening if I am going to a nice restaurant i.e. one of the speciality ones or MDR.

I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing shorts and a tee shirt to the MDR nor one of the specialities but each to their own.

Same as when we cruised on RCCL and Celebrity when they had their formal nights. Hubby had a tux, me a couple of nice long evening dresses. Some people though just hadn't bothered and yet others had certainly pushed the boat out.

Its all a matter of choice and what people feel comfortable wearing.:)

I will be going on my first Azamara cruise, but we've cruised over 50 times on various ships; mostly RCCL.

I'm assuming what I always wear will work on Azamara in the evening: nice pants and an assortment of nice jackets and tops. I take almost all in chiffon fabrics, because they are so lightweight for packing, and I can wear the tops during the day, and with a jacket in the evening:

1162693060_Black_turqchiffonjkt.jpg.404fddde06f985f694e95f242929a8dd.jpg

1183203453_Bronzetop.jpg.f3e4a7fe257659c8981c3dc673e3bc2c.jpg

16617163_Floweredjacket.jpg.b098d81c3f21d7b757e5a032ef03876f.jpg

334782461_Navyjacketwithchiffonfront.jpg.e0bbd33286fb7f215b22742f04201e00.jpg

340810248_Orange-tanchiffonjkt.jpg.aa4cea0caa563b0921943b39f2a6fbdd.jpg

1773567452_Yellowblacksquaresjkt.jpg.466fd5ab65c15814d2a14b5943217197.jpg

1214003468_Royalbluejacket.jpg.c12f7faf1e3b224d064a5f2f5b639796.jpg

1254506718_LiznMefloraljacket.jpg.024d3156171dedef68d2cb9f4d6a80d7.jpg

I will be going on my first Azamara cruise, but we've cruised over 50 times on various ships; mostly RCCL.

I'm assuming what I always wear will work on Azamara in the evening: nice pants and an assortment of nice jackets and tops. I take almost all in chiffon fabrics, because they are so lightweight for packing, and I can wear the tops during the day, and with a jacket in the evening:

Absolutely perfect

I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing shorts and a tee shirt to the MDR nor one of the specialities but each to their own

I don't see anyone suggesting this here, nor have I ever seen it on an Azamara ship. Besides, you wouldn't be allowed in.

If I were courting someone who put make-up on before I awakened, I'd head for the door pronto. Painted faces...yuck.