No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

I think the disconnect is that the things listed are in addition to (or at least have been in the past) the amenities given for Concierge Class which are listed below:

Amenities

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists

Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences

Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories

Plush bathrobes

Fresh fruit

Custom-blended bath amenities

Use of binoculars and golf umbrella

Extra handheld hair dryer

Celebrity tote bag

Hardly seems worth from a few hundred to a couple of thousand more than a regular balcony cabin.

As we usually choose Concierge I really do not miss the flowers in the stateroom. I bet I dump them over at least 3 times on a cruise, usually on something important.

I guess you must have the Premium Drink Package. :D

When you taste it- you might not want it. I tell them not to leave it as we do not enjoy it and it is a waste for us.

I actually like the tea (at least most of the flavors).

I ask the steward to bring ice and find it really refreshing on a hot afternoon.

I don't like soda (or pop as we call it here in Michigan) so find the tea a great alternative.

I actually like the tea (at least most of the flavors).

I ask the steward to bring ice and find it really refreshing on a hot afternoon.

I don't like soda (or pop as we call it here in Michigan) so find the tea a great alternative.

Glad it works for you! Do you like the canapes and snacks they also bring?

Glad it works for you! Do you like the canapes and snacks they also bring?

I ask them to bring cheese and crackers instead and , yes, I usually like that either with the tea or the glass of wine I get on my way back to the stateroom.

Just finished a conversation with a Captain's Club representative a few minutes ago. I asked her what e-mail address to use (i.e.: concerns@celebrity. com or another one). She told me to use: celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

I had sent my letter of complaint to the concerns@celebrity.com but will send another one this afternoon to the celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com address also.

Despite receiving at least two marketing e-mails a day from Celebrity I haven't even received an automated response from my first e-mail.

I sent my email to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com last Friday and have not gotten any response. I'll send another email to concerns@celebrity.com and call the Captain's club to tell them to one touch does not respond.

Cynthia

I sent my email to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com last Friday and have not gotten any response. I'll send another email to concerns@celebrity.com and call the Captain's club to tell them to one touch does not respond.

Cynthia

I've even been checking my "junk" mail folder and I haven't even received an automated acknowledgement of my concerns! Just checked the post history of the official Celebrity poster, and they did post a comment on another thread on December 10th. I really would like the courtesy of an explanation/rationale of the major change to the Aqua Class amenities.

I've even been checking my "junk" mail folder and I haven't even received an automated acknowledgement of my concerns! Just checked the post history of the official Celebrity poster, and they did post a comment on another thread on December 10th. I really would like the courtesy of an explanation/rationale of the major change to the Aqua Class amenities.

If you check back with the Celebrity cruiser poster they don't post opinions, just pretty much facts. They posted the new wording in the web site, do not expect them to address why this changed, as a matter of fact, they probably don't even know it was a change. That's my bet.

The only explanation is cutting cost and you would be hard pressed to get them to admit to that. You probably haven't received a response because they haven't found a way to put a positive spin on it yet. I do think that they owe those who booked before the change the daily water that was an amenity when they paid their deposit.

I doubt it is for cutting cost when Joe Blow can buy a 24 pack for $13 so who knows what X could buy tap (excuse me. Bottled) water for. Maybe not many people drinking it due to Bev Pkg or environmental concerns, (storage/recycling), or other not obvious reasons.

It's still an environmental, storage and recycling issue when selling it at $5.00 a bottle.

Very disappointed that my e-mail, too, has been ignored.

Who can you escalate to beyond the e-mail addresses that have been provided?

You just don't take away published benefits. Especially one that in reality costs them so little. How can this negative feedback be ok with them?

Very disappointed that my e-mail, too, has been ignored.

Who can you escalate to beyond the e-mail addresses that have been provided?

You just don't take away published benefits. Especially one that in reality costs them so little. How can this negative feedback be ok with them?

With all the negative feedback on the Water Perk being eliminated from Aqua Class after people were promised it at booking looks like our complaints need to go up the corporate ladder to the C.E.O. herself. We all know Celebrity monitors this board and other social media and their lack of responding to this issue is leading to lots of on going negative publicity. Celebrity needs to give people at very least a response to this issue.

If you check back with the Celebrity cruiser poster they don't post opinions, just pretty much facts. They posted the new wording in the web site, do not expect them to address why this changed, as a matter of fact, they probably don't even know it was a change. That's my bet.

I also wonder if the official Celebrity poster knew that the description of Aqua Class amenities was a change.

But they are the official representative on this forum for the cruise line, and I don't think it is too much to ask that they check with someone in headquarters and find out the reason for this change. If anyone can get some sort of reason from Celebrity headquarters one would think that the official rep should be able to do it.

About to spend a month in Aqua and the water that came daily was a great perk for us. We usually don't have a drink package or at most just the Classic which only will get you one of those giant bottles of water which are a pain to take ashore when all we want is the half litre one. :(

We booked almost two years ago.

Edited by A Sixth?

I also wonder if the official Celebrity poster knew that the description of Aqua Class amenities was a change.

But they are the official representative on this forum for the cruise line, and I don't think it is too much to ask that they check with someone in headquarters and find out the reason for this change. If anyone can get some sort of reason from Celebrity headquarters one would think that the official rep should be able to do it.

The reason for eliminating the water has to be cost savings.

What else could it be?

Official Celebrity Cruises isn't going to come back to explain because how do you spin that into a positive? :(

The reason for eliminating the water has to be cost savings.

What else could it be?

(

Hope they don't put two-plus-two together and realize that if they eliminate breakfast they'd save a fortune!!!! :p

Edited by A Sixth?

i just got an email titled "Captain's Club Members : Exciting News Just for You " and my immediate thought was "Uh-oh, what are they eliminating now?". :(

Not a real good attitude they've engendered in me.

(It was a notification about Presidents and Reunion cruises)

Edited by chamima

i just got an email titled "Captain's Club Members : Exciting News Just for You " and my immediate thought was "Uh-oh, what are they eliminating now?". :(

I am working at the computer this afternoon, and also just received the "Captain's Club members: Exciting news just for you" e-mail. I had the SAME thought -- what are they cutting now?? We are Elite+ members of their loyalty program with over 1800 points, and it is a sad situation that I would have such a reaction.

My DH just got this email which is funny because I do all the bookings, inquiries, etc. Wish I was interested in one of these cruises because I'm sure the President will get an ear full about all of the negative changes.

I just had an idea...why not have the room stewards keep a stash of the water in their storage area, and only give it out upon request? Therefore, those that don't want it or who already have beverage packages do not have to take it, and those of us who do want it can get it? Still only 2 bottles per day (I think that was enough)...if we see it stacking up we don't have to get anymore, or if we truly do want/need it then we can get it. Water lasts a long time so there is no problem carrying it over from cruise to cruise if it's not all used.

There could be a little note in each AQ cabin explaining that it was on a "request" basis.

Win-Win for everyone.

I just had an idea...why not have the room stewards keep a stash of the water in their storage area, and only give it out upon request? Therefore, those that don't want it or who already have beverage packages do not have to take it, and those of us who do want it can get it? Still only 2 bottles per day (I think that was enough)...if we see it stacking up we don't have to get anymore, or if we truly do want/need it then we can get it. Water lasts a long time so there is no problem carrying it over from cruise to cruise if it's not all used.

There could be a little note in each AQ cabin explaining that it was on a "request" basis.

Win-Win for everyone.

That makes a lot of sense. I second that idea! :D