Help Please!!!

Joe19fan

I booked my March 20th, 2016 Eclipse 14 day cruise this past March. I KNOW I have the 123go program, and that it expired on March 30th, 2015. However, I used a TA, not Celebrity's web site. Now my travel agent says I did not get the 123go program. What I do need to know, if you booked a Concierge or Higher cabin, didn't you get all 3 perks included in the 123 go program? Also, did anyone book with this program? My travel agent is saying that we now need to pay an extra $1400 for the perks, or otherwise, I have NO perks. Help!!!

I booked my March 20th, 2016 Eclipse 14 day cruise this past March. I KNOW I have the 123go program, and that it expired on March 30th, 2015. However, I used a TA, not Celebrity's web site. Now my travel agent says I did not get the 123go program. What I do need to know, if you booked a Concierge or Higher cabin, didn't you get all 3 perks included in the 123 go program? Also, did anyone book with this program? My travel agent is saying that we now need to pay an extra $1400 for the perks, or otherwise, I have NO perks. Help!!!

I booked the 2016 and 2017 version of your cruise and both the bookings include the 123 All Inclusive. Assuming you paid the regular rate and did not anything unique (resident, military, etc. rate) I would think you would have received the 123 AI. I booked mine in December.

I assume you received either or both a TA and Celebrity invoice? What does it say?

Whenever I have received a Perk with my Celebrity booking it has show on both of the invoices.

Did you perhaps upgrade to a different category or took advantage of a cost reduction after the offer period expired?

Good luck.

What category of cabin did you book? There was a period time during which all 3 perks were included if you booked a Concierge class cabin or higher. Could that be part of the confusion?

A friend of our booked on 4/3/15 in a C3 in 2017 and got all 3 perks.

Edited by jelayne

Please look at your documents from both the travel agent and Celebrity. The booking form from Celebrity will list the 123AI or some similar code and at least one of the perks.

It is possible that your agent had a group set up without the perks and at a lower cost, and they might have booked you into the group. In that case, you should have something from the travel agent about it.

I adjusted my Feb 2016 cruise when the AI was announced and booked my Feb 2017 under it in early JANUARY.

Did you get a confirmation from your TA when you booked. Always check your confirmation and make sure the specifics (perks) are listed there.

If you have no proof of the perk(s) you at should at least have a booking date that should help your case.

Oh and I would get a new TA.

You long ago should have received a confirmation of exactly what you booked from your TA including any discounts and promotions. What do they say. Think you need to get a 3 way discussion with your TA, you and X if you booked BEFORE the end of the promotion at a standard rate. If you are in a group booking you are probably out of luck.

I booked the March 6th sailing in Mid-March 2015 and definitely got the 1,2,3 Promo. That being said, is it possible the deal your TA got you was a group rate that didn't include teh 1,2,3?

Also, since you dealt with a TA it's next to impossible to get anything out of Celebrity... just in case the TA is wrong, call Celebrity and ask how much to upgrade your drink package to the premium package. On the off chance you have it they can definitely quote you on that.

What do your documents from your TA say? you certainly have a booking date. Need to speak with them calmly again and if no progress get a supervisor at your TA and set up a 3 way with X. That is usually successful. If you got on a group booking you are probably out of luck without something from X or your TA.

Let us know how things worked out.

Here is the promo that was in effect March 2015:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/15043024_CEL_Spring_into_Savings_FAQ_v2.pdf

When I book through my TA, my reservation on the Celebrity website does not show the promos but my TA invoice does.

If your TA can't explain it, I would call the Captain's Club and ask for help.

I'd call Celebrity and go through the Captain's Club if you're a returning cruiser. If not, ask to speak to a manager and ask that they simply read to you what your booking is. Explain that you want to confirm that your TA has the right of things. It's worth a try....

I know that other cruise lines have in the past been willing to work with cruisers who are having TA problems. Perhaps Celebrity is too.

I booked the March 6th sailing in Mid-March 2015 and definitely got the 1,2,3 Promo. That being said, is it possible the deal your TA got you was a group rate that didn't include teh 1,2,3?

Also, since you dealt with a TA it's next to impossible to get anything out of Celebrity... just in case the TA is wrong, call Celebrity and ask how much to upgrade your drink package to the premium package. On the off chance you have it they can definitely quote you on that.

Funny we have a group booking with a online agency that the contract with the TA shows similar perks just little less OBC. When final payment came up they didn't charge my credit card. I called the TA and they said I hadn't paid gratuities and has select dining told them it was included according to the invoice from them. " Oh yea it does" was the response credit card was charged that day. I knew they wouldn't talk to me at X so I called and upgraded successfully the wife to premium package which I was going to do anyway. Sort of a back door confirmation I hope. Dealt with this online agency 5 other cruises with no issues but after the confusion figured better safe than sorry.

AL

I booked our Equinox 3/16 abd 3/17 cruises under the 124go, received my invoices from our TA which listed the perks in the contract, and never gave it a second thought that it would not be honored.

I am not at all worried about it, but I guess I'll check with Celebrity too. Deals and promotions come and go all the time. This is just another example, and I sure those deposits and/or full payments will be honored with the contracted perks.

I booked Solstice for Sept of 2016 in April of 2015 in a Concierge Class and got all three perks. All three perks show on our invoice.

Note that not all cruises qualified for it. Are you on a Transatlantic? What is the itinerary for your cruise?

I have often wondered why the perks don't show up on the (web site) completed reservation form, especially after final payment? Last year my beverage package was not on my seapass and the Celebrity response was "call your travel agent", even though I had a copy of the TA invoice. You know how difficult it is to reach your TA on a Sunday (with the first 2 days as sea days)! It did work out, but I feel it would have been much simpler if any perks were included on the Celebrity paperwork.

On March 23, 2015 I booked the Equinox Caribbean sailings for Feb 12 and 22, 2016 and received drinks/grats and $500 OBC for each sailing through a US TA. It's in a concierge cabin. The only reason I booked a concierge cabin was due to the fact that the offer was for that level of cabin or above.

I can't understand why you wouldn't have received the 123 as my paperwork clearly states what celebrity was offering.

Edited by wendychloecruiser

Have your TA check your ORIGINAL booking invoice from Celebrity. (BTW this is ridiculous to have to tell a TA how to check invoices). She should see the perks listed under the "Booking Charges" notes and codes that have a combination with these in them:

BEV

GRAT

There will be a charge for the beverage program, then a credit. There will be a charge for the gratuities, then a credit. Basic accounting.

and then under "Onboard Credits - Currency", she should see:

USD $300

That's how a TA (and you) know that you have the 123Go Promo. She can also call Celebrity to confirm this.

It should've been done when you booked so check back on your original Celebrity-issued Guest Invoice and see if you have the above noted on it. If she didn't send you a Celebrity-issued invoice, then check what she gave you (her in-house invoice). She should've listed the perks on that. If she didn't, you're going to have to fight to get that promo back.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Agree with the other posters. You should have a Booking Confirmation from Celebrity that was forwarded to you from your TA.

I have two. I originally chose poorly, I chose $200 OBC for the cabin under the 123!GO! promotion. Later I changed my mind and changed to Classic Drinks pkg for each of us in the cabin. Our TA was able to make the change, and I got another Booking Confirmation from X.

In the past it has been difficult to prove that you got a particular promo package. But my Celebrity Booking Confirmation for May 2016 has these items clearly spelled out under "booking charges":

SWB4-123GOPROMO1 [classic beverage package, amt cancels charge]

SYV9-123GOPROMO3 [gratuities, amt cancels charge]

and under "onboard credits":

$300 OBC

Also lower on the form there is a section called "Promotions Applied" that lists

ALLINCSPRING

If your TA doesn't routinely forward this to you (along with anything else they get from Celebrity about your booking) -- GET A NEW TA!!!

It seems that some of the perks do not show up on the invoice/confirmation until closer to final payment. (This is true for some of the older confirmations but might not be true for cruises that are being booked now) I booked an Alaska cruise for 2016 shortly after bookings opened, getting an Aqua stateroom with the All-In perk program (their designation) and only the OBC showed on the confirmation. When I called to arrange a train transfer, I asked about the perks and was told that they were listed on X's side of the computer output but not on my side yet. Check your confirmation/invoice for AI which indicates the All In perks.

I have often wondered why the perks don't show up on the (web site) completed reservation form, especially after final payment? Last year my beverage package was not on my seapass and the Celebrity response was "call your travel agent", even though I had a copy of the TA invoice. You know how difficult it is to reach your TA on a Sunday (with the first 2 days as sea days)! It did work out, but I feel it would have been much simpler if any perks were included on the Celebrity paperwork.

If they had told me that, I would have been pissed off. Since I live in Sweden, it's not that easy to just call the TA with the time difference.

Edited by Extra Kim