MDR Breakfast .. Stinks .. Why All The Love On Here ?

F27TW

Had good experience in American Icon for breakfasts on Quantum had some unique food to the 'Icon' like New Orleans beignets-not the greatest but it was nice to have something different.

I concur on MDR in general for breakfast on a sea day if I have nothing but time a nice slow breakfast with lots of conversation is perfect in the MDR food comes and sits while you talk so its cold anyway when you finally eat it.

We do WJ if we want to minimize the time spent at breakfast.

Recognizing the validity of this post, this maybe why I like the MDR on the final day. We usually have to be out the cabin with time to kill before our departure. Plus I noticed my post cruise depression would start in the final WJ breakfast. On many of the ships they only open a small area of the WJ while the other half is preparing for the next group of peop.e.

Nothing like snide remarks from a buffet lover. I understand you. You don't care what any says and have a smart remark for them.

Most likely the type that is overweight, cuts in line and is very rude.

I gave my option of buffets and you have and you don't like my option so you come off as a smart ###.

Your opinon of buffets is fine. Dismissing how anyone could possibly like one is not. But yeah, I'm the rude one.... and a fat line cutter too.:rolleyes:

What you call blood sausage is known here as black pudding and is not the only 'sausage' available on Celebrity, they do 'American' sausage links and other English sausage too. The reason you know it as blood sausage is because that's exactly one of the ingredients, blood. That is not a proper pork sausage, nor are your sausage links proper sausage.

Thanks for triggering a craving! Love black pudding and English sausage....FAR better than the American stuff here! I hope - but doubt we'll see that good stuff on our next cruise!

I like the MDR breakfast for being able to get poached eggs, but I don't like how long the whole process takes.

OOH! Me,too. I loooove poached eggs, but they rarely give me the nice liquid-y, loose yolk that I love. Sometimes they are almost hard-boiled! I try to stress to the waiter that I want very, very, very softly poached eggs. Works sometimes, sometimes not. Definitely a first-world problem!:D

I have no idea why this is such a polarizing concept. Why are some of you pretending that one breakfast place is positively heavenly, while the other is horrible? Neither of those statements are true, and I disbelieve anyone who doesn't recognize pros and cons in both places.

As for Eggs Benedict, the absolute best I've ever had comes out of my own kitchen (also the best Quiche Lorraine, the best Eggs Florentine, and the best ham and eggs). Does that mean I don't still enjoy eating out somewhere else? Of course not.

On our last cruise we ordered room service every morning. Food was delivered on time, it was hot, it was good and we could get ready to hit the Flowrider early and not have to worry about getting the stink eye for being in board shorts and rash guards in the MDR or other venues :D

I have had no issue getting a good breakfast in the Windjammer, especially on ships with an omelet station. And on Oasis and Allure I have found the solarium cafe to be a very good venue to choose.

On Oasis and Allure, does Johnny Rockets still serve breakfast?

You forgot to add GERMS on the serving spoons and utensils.

Yes, but there are GERMS on everything on a cruise ship. So you eat in the dining room to minimize contact with germs, but do you know how many people have touched your cutlery before you use it? Also glasses, coffee cups, salt and pepper shakers... obviously, the list is long and distinguished. ;)

At some point, we have to give up or we will all be driven crazy. :p

I discovered the dining room for breakfast on Carnival a few years ago and always eat there now. The menus are different on ports days vs sea days.

Can someone please tell the approx schedule and times for breakfast in the dining room and if the menus are the same on port days vs sea days.

See, it is very simple. First, don't stand in line, if a food station is busy, go to a different one. Take only the food that you like, not other stuff that they stick on your plate in the MDR. Order fresh, cooked to order eggs and then go get anything you want to have with your eggs as they are being cooked. Walk up to egg station as your number is being called. Take hot eggs and go to a clean table, if you prefer a dirty table, take that one instead. Say good morning to the waiter that is working your table and they will get you coffee and juice. If the waiter isn't around, there is usually an officer that will also be cruising by who will offer to get you anything you need. Noise happens in both the MDR and the WJ, so I choose to ignore it and enjoy conversation with my DH or ignore him too if he is grumpy.:eek::p

Really, very simple to understand. We prefer to be sitting with our hot meal, instead of waiting forever for eggs from a steamer tray in the MDR.

We were in a CLS on Oasis last November and could have had breakfast in Coastal Kitchens every morning. After two mornings, we choose to have breakfast in the buffet. We never had to wait for a clean table. Our food was always hot. We got as much or as little as we wanted. Much larger selection. Didn't take an hour either.

And, don't give me overcooked eggs from a steamer tray. If the yokes don't run, I will send them back.

What you call blood sausage is known here as black pudding and is not the only 'sausage' available on Celebrity, they do 'American' sausage links and other English sausage too. The reason you know it as blood sausage is because that's exactly one of the ingredients, blood. That is not a proper pork sausage, nor are your sausage links proper sausage.

that particular sailing the only sausage was in deed blood only.no links or patties anywhere. once we found the English rasher of bacon we were okay.. for one day as the next day and for the rest of the cruise it was MIA in the Buffet . but there were overflowing trays of the overly salted stuff.

I close down the club every night (every morning, actually... it's usually 3:00 a.m. by then).

By the time I finish chatting with my fellow dancing peeps in Cafe Promenade, it's sometimes 4-5:00 by the time I finally get to bed. I never even see breakfast hours, MDR or Windjammer, so I have no complaints either way.

:D

I close down the club every night (every morning, actually... it's usually 3:00 a.m. by then).

By the time I finish chatting with my fellow dancing peeps in Cafe Promenade, it's sometimes 4-5:00 by the time I finally get to bed. I never even see breakfast hours, MDR or Windjammer, so I have no complaints either way.

WOW! I want to be you in my next life!!!:D

Party on!!! :cool:

You go to bed when I'm getting up.:eek:

I don't do buffets. Period. Ever. I will skip eating when we board rather than eat on the Lido.

I have never had breakfast in the MDR on RCCL or Princess. We always book a full suite and have Breakfast in Chops on RCCL or Sabatini's on Princess or order room service breakfast off the MDR menu. Nothing beats having breakfast on the balcony.

WOW! I want to be you in my next life!!!:D

It's easy enough to do.... just go up there and get your butt on the dance floor!

Party on!!! :cool:

It's so funny, b/c people assume I'm some huge party-girl.... I didn't have a single alcoholic drink the entire 8-day cruise, and I never go to a club back home! I just LOVE to dance!

You go to bed when I'm getting up.:eek:

Yep! And we'll both have an awesome time on our opposite schedules!