Don't want to print documents......

lahlah57

Not only did the security guard want to see our boarding passes at Port Everglades, she also insisted on seeing my wife's driver's license even though we had presented both our passports. The license was in her purse in the rear of the vehicle where I could not reach it without exiting the vehicle. There was a big sign saying not to exit the vehicle. Guard said I couldn't exit. I said have to exit. This went back and forth two or three times before I was allowed to exit the vehicle.

I forgot to print one of our (two) boarding passes prior to a European cruise a couple years back. It delayed our check in by a few minutes. As others have recommended, just print the actual boarding pass page, you don't need all those others.

Not only did the security guard want to see our boarding passes at Port Everglades, she also insisted on seeing my wife's driver's license even though we had presented both our passports. The license was in her purse in the rear of the vehicle where I could not reach it without exiting the vehicle. There was a big sign saying not to exit the vehicle. Guard said I couldn't exit. I said have to exit. This went back and forth two or three times before I was allowed to exit the vehicle.

Oh my! What if your wife didn't have a drivers license?

I'd say about 90% of the time we haven't been asked for a boarding pass to get into a port or into a terminal. If you come into the port in a shuttle bus usually no one is asked for passports or boarding passes, but in a taxi or private car you may be.[/size][/font]

Pretty much our experience. In the case of HAL's documents we might "thumb through" all the pages on the computer but actually only print out the first one or two pages that have our specific/personal information on them. We also bring a copy of our final payment invoice though I don't remember it ever being needed or asked for.

Edited by Randyk47

We print one page. But I cannot remember ever needing it.

Have never been asked for our return air or exit air/details from any country. Only required it once for Costa Rica. They never asked for it, nor did we have it since we went in on one way tickets for an undetermined length of stay.

We are very happy not to print out scads of paperwork that is not required. We are happy that the cruise lines no longer send it to us. It is an unnecessary cost that gets passed on to us. We have far too much paper as it is.

Edited by iancal

No..you don't need them. Many folks (yes, even nowadays) don't use computers. As long as you have your booking number, you're good to go.

Not so. We had to show boarding passes last June at the Boston terminal and in Fort Lauderdale last April. Just to get in the door.

Another cruise line sends an information booklet each time but I don't even carry it on the trip. I do tear out a one page boarding type document, just in case.

I quit printing airline documents, hotel reservations, it is excess baggage in this day of cell phones and devices. If we are in an exotic location I may print something out in case I cannot get wifi or cell service.

Not so. We had to show boarding passes last June at the Boston terminal and in Fort Lauderdale last April. Just to get in the door.
I think you are more likely to be asked for the B.P. to get into a FLL terminal when there are two HAL ships in port, to be sure people are at the right one ... especially if they are across the street from each other!

I think you are more likely to be asked for the B.P. to get into a FLL terminal when there are two HAL ships in port, to be sure people are at the right one ... especially if they are across the street from each other!

I don't think so - the first time there was only one ship, period - the Zuiderdam.

If she was not driving, I would have simply refused since you presented her passport. There is no requirement to have a driver's license!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

We print the first page of the documents, but also have a printed copy of the page which says we have the explore4 promo, or any other benefits, OBC, etc. And we print out the list of our Pinnacle dinner reservations with time, etc., and any shore excursions we may have booked with HAL. People have said on occasion that the Front desk is missing some information, and a printed copy is just a little "aide memoire".

We print the first page of the documents, but also have a printed copy of the page which says we have the explore4 promo, or any other benefits, OBC, etc. And we print out the list of our Pinnacle dinner reservations with time, etc., and any shore excursions we may have booked with HAL. People have said on occasion that the Front desk is missing some information, and a printed copy is just a little "aide memoire".

Oh yes, I agree. I buy OBC online before our cruises, and I have always had to pull out my receipts to correct the amount the ship credits me. Last time, they still wouldn't give the right credit until after they got instructions from Seattle, even though it was there in black and white. It took 2 weeks of a 3 week cruise to get it put right.:eek:

I don't think so - the first time there was only one ship, period - the Zuiderdam.
In my experience it is more likely when there is more than one HAL ship there. We have sailed from PEG eight times and the only time we had to show a boarding pass to get into a terminal was when we were at pier 22 and the Prinsendam was across the street at pier 26.

Edited by jtl513

We have had nothing printed multiple times. It doesn't matter as long as you have the appropriate I.D.

Since there have been many posts in this thread where a document was needed, it appears that you have just been lucky. Perhaps best that you don't push it in the future.

We always print the one page, sometimes we needed, sometimes we don't. Things change in life, I don't need a package in the mail to get me excited. If the lack of one saves me some money I am fine with that.

:) I think most of us are fine with saving some money but while we know HAL saves a great deal of money by not printing and mailing documents and luggage tags, as they used to do.......

What I wonder is: Are we saving money? :D

That was incredible. Did the ignoramus explain why he thought a driver's license was necessary? Apparently he doesn't understand what a passport is.

... we were at pier 22 and the Prinsendam was across the street at pier 26.
excuse me, I meant 21 not 22

Did the ignoramus explain why he thought a driver's license was necessary? Apparently he doesn't understand what a passport is.
Maybe s/he thought the passport looked suspicious and wanted a confirming photo ID.

Edited by jtl513