Live...mostly...from Anthem

KarinaGW

To the OP's point: guest services employees,who are not always the first ones to know, might have mentionned ''drydock'', not fully aware that ''wetdock'' is often used to do cosmetics,hard goods and soft goods repairs,such as the ones ANTHEMN is in need of,

So, guest services might have been right...wetdock till saturday to fix stuff, and NO, no guest onboard...( except they referred to ''drydock'' ).

As quite a few other posters indicated, drydocking a behemoth like ANTHEM

last minute is next to impossible, unless you cancel the next couple of voyages and allow enough time to A/ get to the yard ( at least 1 1/2 to

2 full days,using Freeport) , B/ do what's needed, the presumption being that structural and mechanical impairments have been spotted , C/ get back to

Bayonne......

My opinion only

Cheeers

Have been trying to keep up with this thread this afternoon in an effort to stay informed on the situation. It saddens me to see a thread started by those on the ship for the purpose sharing their experience is being used by others to make it about them and how they've been wronged in some way by the cruise line. Having sailed most of the major cruise lines I'd be surprised if you found one you had no fault with. I've been cruising since the early 80s and, yes, it's not the same as it used to be. However, in January we sailed in a balcony cabin with beverage package included for not much more than we spent per person for an outside cabin in 1985. So, I don't expect the same experience I had in 1985.

To those on the ship, I applaud your positive attitudes. Prayers for your safe travel back.

Well said. :mad:

I also wish everybody safe travels.

Have been trying to keep up with this thread this afternoon in an effort to stay informed on the situation. It saddens me to see a thread started by those on the ship for the purpose sharing their experience is being used by others to make it about them and how they've been wronged in some way by the cruise line. Having sailed most of the major cruise lines I'd be surprised if you found one you had no fault with. I've been cruising since the early 80s and, yes, it's not the same as it used to be. However, in January we sailed in a balcony cabin with beverage package included for not much more than we spent per person for an outside cabin in 1985. So, I don't expect the same experience I had in 1985.

To those on the ship, I applaud your positive attitudes. Prayers for your safe travel back.

Exactly

I am pretty sure that I read all of the posts in this thread, and I don't remember reading anything that would justify calling him that indefensibly insulting word.

And this is NOT because I know and love Abe personally. ;) He is never scared or nervous. He is the calmest person I have ever met. He soothed people who were purple with rage.

And since THIS person (the one who said that, whom I questioned) wasn't on board, I can't imagine what made him think that he could/should describe the CD that way.

JM-notintheleast-HO.

USA TODAY

"A very nervous cruise director kept coming on. He didn't sound very reassuring. He said, 'We are OK,'" Huschka said.

Whoever "Huschka" is, or the writer of the article, was just going for the sensational. IMNITLHO.

I am pretty sure that I read all of the posts in this thread, and I don't remember reading anything that would justify calling him that indefensibly insulting word.

And this is NOT because I know and love Abe personally. ;) He is never scared or nervous. He is the calmest person I have ever met. He soothed people who were purple with rage.

And since THIS person (the one who said that, whom I questioned) wasn't on board, I can't imagine what made him think that he could/should describe the CD that way.

JM-notintheleast-HO.

:)

Somewhere on CC people that were on the ship were posting that. I've read so many, I couldn't tell you which one..."live" maybe? I saw it earlier today.

No you are the idiot. It's important to investigate why the ship sailed, when a storm warning was issued by the weather service. Perhaps, a future tragedy could be averted.

And perhaps you would be right if the ship were US flagged (it's not) and if it were in US waters (it wasn't.) The key initial in NTSB is the letter N, which stands for National, which refers to our country.

I would not call you an idiot for not knowing those facts, though, just most likely misinformed.

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

There is cruel irony in that during a show called "We Will Rick You", that Mother Nature said, "oh yeah, I can do you one better".... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe I missed that! 😂

So, how much are those mini bottles of vodka on the ship?

Royal does not sell mini bottles of spirits.

Actually, Bob, on the Quantum (when she was in NJ) and the Anthem have booze in the mini-bar.

And during the mess last night, when the Captain asked everyone to stay in their cabins, there was an announcement that everyone should enjoy the contents of their mini-bars, compliments of Royal Caribbean.

;)

Yes, there a complete bridge controls on each bridge wing. On this class ship they are enclosed.

That's no fun then. We had a balcony about 2 doors down fro the bridge and would watch them dock. You could practically hand them a cup of coffee

Any news if the giraffe is okay btw?

Funny you said that. DW and I thought for sure we would see a flying Giraffe on the navigation channel. Lol

Making the best of it. Grateful to captain and crew for keeping us safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Doing Yacht delivery's on the east coast, you NEVER sail your boat west into the shallows of Cap Hatteras, not having local knowledge resulted in unnecessary risk to life and ship, calling the office in Miami and not the local coast guard for advise was not smart. Cat two winds shallow water, dumb.

And perhaps you would be right if the ship were US flagged (it's not) and if it were in US waters (it wasn't.) The key initial in NTSB is the letter N, which stands for National, which refers to our country.

I would not call you an idiot for not knowing those facts, though, just most likely misinformed.

Judy

Senator Nelson is not an idiot as that poster wrote. You are misinformed. It does not matter where the ship is flagged, if it comes to US ports., it is subject to US regulations. And investigating possible crimes against Americans is always a US concern, regardless of where it occurred.

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

Judy

Correct. Since there was no casualty, the folks who would look into this...if anyone...would be the ship's flag state. Even that's a stretch. USCG might get involved, but it would be limited to a safety inspection back in port. That's all. I'm a CG investigator and based on what I know so far, in no way would I feel compelled to get involved in this....and we share responsibilities through MOUs with NTSB.

Just curious -- has anyone had a cruise cancelled completely before?

Did they refund your money, or give you future credit or what?

I'm trying to recall what they did for Grandeur of the Seas cruisers after her fire on Memorial Day in 2013.

Here's what I seem to recall happened:

• Cruisers on the affected sailing when the fire occurred were given a full refund and 100% future cruise credit. In addition, cruisers who had additional travel expenses, such as for changing air travel, had the extra costs reimbursed by Royal Caribbean.
  • Cruisers on the next sailing were given a full refund and 50% future cruise credit.
  • Cruisers the subsequent few sailings were given a full refund and 25% future cruise credit.

MM - Just curious - how do you know? Were you on the cruise?

I am on this ship. Abe said so in interview with captain. It was at end of interview when he complimented capt and crew for keeping calm during an obviously serious situation .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Senator Nelson is not an idiot as that poster wrote. You are misinformed. It does not matter where the ship is flagged, if it comes to US ports., it is subject to US regulations. And investigating possible crimes against Americans is always a US concern, regardless of where it occurred.

That's true, but there is no allegation of a crime here.