New Livery on PCL Ships

InTheWASide

Yeah, I noticed the sea witch painted on the Majestic on need2cruisesoon's thread on the shipyard. I wasn't that keen on it to be honest, seemed to cheapen the regal appearance of the line. As other's have said, not my cup of tea, and looks a little NCLish. I'll have to see if it grows on me as I get used to seeing it.....

not a big fan of it either. As long as it does not deter from my cruising experience I suppose it is ok.

At least when you are stumbling back to the ship and there are a few in port, you can easily pick it out.

Chez

The Facebook fans don't care for it either with majority venting their disapproval.

Perhaps Princess should put it to a vote and where we log into our Princess accounts have a vote for us to like or dislike before they go ahead with it.

The Facebook fans don't care for it either with majority venting their disapproval.

Perhaps Princess should put it to a vote and where we log into our Princess accounts have a vote for us to like or dislike before they go ahead with it.

The Facebook postings are overwhelmingly against the design.

It sounds like a good idea to have the passengers (i.e. customers) to vote on it. Perhaps they could stop this atrocity from appearing on other ships.

This isn't something that would stop from using Princess. I would, however, like to be on a ship that looks good, not tacky.

I like it. The idea is to stand out in a port and this will do it. It's classy and modern while keeping the sophistication we are all used too. Change IS good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be a Vancouver thing ;). We both think it's fantastic.

I like it. The idea is to stand out in a port and this will do it. It's classy and modern while keeping the sophistication we are all used too. Change IS good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Similar to what P&O started w/ Brittania.

Another opinion,not whining.

I think it reminds me of NCL hull murals.

The sleek,white hulls of the other ships in the Princess fleet are distinctive in a traditional way.

I am thinking,will all the Princess ships have designs painted on the hulls, or will this design be reserved for the Majestic?

Also thinking what other innovations may be in the future for Princess ships - rock climbing walls,rope courses,water slides,ice skating rinks etc?

Another opinion,not whining.

I think it reminds me of NCL hull murals.

The sleek,white hulls of the other ships in the Princess fleet are distinctive in a traditional way.

I am thinking,will all the Princess ships have designs painted on the hulls, or will this design be reserved for the Majestic?

I prefer no livery but those of us who feel that way will be disappointed to know that the answer is no. :(

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Feb. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises announced today, on Chinese New Year, that Majestic Princess, the first cruise ship built and designed specifically for the China market will also be the first ship in the fleet to debut an elegant new livery design featuring the company's iconic logo. The new livery design will roll out fleetwide over the next few years.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/princess-cruises-debuts-livery-design-193200235.html;_ylc=X1MDMTE5Nzc4NDE4NQRfZXgDMQRfeXJpZAMwYzI4NmlwYmJpdW51BGcDZFhWcFpEeHVjejR5Tm1WbU9XWTRaQzAyWkRaa0xUTXdaRGN0WVRkalpDMWlNakJqT0RVMk16QTFZV0k4Wm1sbGJHUStZMk5zBGxhbmcDZW4tVVMEb3JpZ19sYW5nA2VuBG9yaWdfcmVnaW9uA1VTBHBvcwMxBHJlZ2lvbgNVUwRzeW1ib2wDQ0NM?.tsrc=applewf

To me the remainder of the article is full of marketing claims including being a premium cruise line. Princess provides me with the best cruise for the price paid but IMHO it has not been "premium" in many years. I consider Oceania & Azamara premium cruise lines & a step below luxury cruise lines such as Crystal.

Edited by Astro Flyer

In a word .... YUCK!

JMO, but this is just another example of Princess copying what other cruise lines are doing, which I blame on the latest CEO of PCL.

I much prefer the appearance of a traditional white hull, with the sea witch logo only on the top. Classic, clean, and classy.

THIS is not what classy looks like.

Edited by flamomo

I like it. Distinctive but classier than what I've seen on other lines. When you pass a ship at sea, there'll be no question whether it's a Princess ship or not. Now, if they'd only add the Love Boat horn to every Princess ship. Nothing more thrilling than hearing the Love Boat at sailaway.

I like it. Distinctive but classier than what I've seen on other lines. When you pass a ship at sea, there'll be no question whether it's a Princess ship or not. Now, if they'd only add the Love Boat horn to every Princess ship. Nothing more thrilling than hearing the Love Boat at sailaway.

Well at least the entire tune and not just part of it. :(