New Livery on PCL Ships

InTheWASide

I think Disney's ships are the only ones I like that are painted. I don't think Princess went over the top but it's still a little much. Wonder what it will look like after the anchors run across it a few times..

Edited by Kenswing

Hi All

For me it just shows a lack of original thinking, just because other cruise lines

do something, does not make it right, or that Princess has to copy.

yours Shogun

I think there's been too much of Princess copying things done on other cruise lines lately & they're losing too many of their unique features that have kept me repeatedly returning to Princess. :(

I kind of like it -- but it's newly painted in these pictures. After a few passes through the Panama Canal, how will the crew be able to touch up the different colors? [i guess NCL has figured out a way, but that really boggles the mind!]

I kind of like it but will need to see it in person before I cast my final vote. I do love the sea witch. And remember it could be worse. Think of the juicy red lips on some ships - AIDA? maybe. I forgot but I would definitely find those embarrassing.

I do think the ship will look more casual than before.

And take note that it doesn't cover the bow badge which I really like. Distinctive to princess. Although the white V left by the blue sea witch in which the bow badge resides looks a tad awkward.

I doubt leaving the ship white would have been one of the choices in the survey?

We sailed on the Celebrity Millennium when it first came out. The hull was all navy and I believe there was a yellow pin stripe. It was pretty ugly. It was later changed to what is a classy blue and white hull.

Moral of the story - it is paint and can be re-painted if people hate it.

Personally - I think it looks odd but I have seen uglier.

Edited by Coral

I doubt leaving the ship white would have been one of the choices in the survey?

I don't recall if "none" was an option but there was a space to express our opinions about the proposed change.

To me the one chosen was best option but "none" would be better...it's disappointing but not a big deal to me.

I kind of like it -- but it's newly painted in these pictures. After a few passes through the Panama Canal, how will the crew be able to touch up the different colors? [i guess NCL has figured out a way, but that really boggles the mind!]

I wouldn't think it'd be too difficult since it's only the white hull and blue seawitch - unlike the untold number of colors on the NCL hulls that look more like a daycare art project

I wouldn't think it'd be too difficult since it's only the white hull and blue seawitch - unlike the untold number of colors on the NCL hulls that look more like a daycare art project

I watched the crew touching up Coral Princess after the Canal, and they were just pushing rollers up and down. This will require someone with a good eye and a steady hand retracing all the cut lines.

I personally like it on the picture shown. Will have to wait and see it in person to be a better judge.

I'm actually one that is happy that Princess brings a little change an modern to this line. Now they should do the same inside as beige and monochrome colors makes the ships look old even when new.