Changes to Crown & Anchor

I thought it was the brother of the waiter, who was friends with the concierge, who knew the guy that was a friend of the security guard that worked the gates at the dry dock port of Cadiz.

It was the guy sitting in the old DL balcony in Gambees Oasis review. He obviously knows people

latest?cb=20140423224633

Perhaps you should have led with the statement I took the liberty of highlighting, above.

I pity the person in a Grand Suite who is asked by the person in an Owner's Suite to have the grace to give up his seat in the lounge. (Maybe we should have the same policy for the overcrowded elevators.)

why? Please explain?

I must have missed something, the CL or was for all suite guests. As far as I'm concerned that's all it should be for, no D+ nor Pinnacles either. That's my opinion and I stick by it. If that were the case then as all people in the CL are in suites, then why would it matter whether they are in a GS or an OS? Irrelevant.

Here's a fact, I have had so much awful treatment by those who believe they are superior to me because they are in a bigger suite or are a higher level C&A member than me ("oh just because you're in a suite but only Diamond, that's why it's too crowded in the CL because of people like you") that I rarely go into a D club or CL lounge these days. I welcome the drink vouchers on my SeaPass card. It means I can enjoy a beverage away from the awful self important prigs in the CL.

I don't understand your logic. D+ and Suite passengers are entitled to use the same lounge. If a D+ arrives before you and gets a seat, then why should they leave just because you show up and are in a suite? I'm D+ and until they tell me I can not use the lounge I am keeping my seat. First come - first served.
Because as far as I'm concerned a D+ shouldn't have the facility to use the CL and as I said, this is being addressed on the newer and refurbished ships which now just have a suite lounge where D+ members no longer have access- hurrah! If I spend money on a suite I don't expect to have to share an exclusive lounge with people who maybe in an inside cabin but just because they have cruised many times have accumulated enough points allows them access to a venue I've paid a princely sum for. Look at other lines like NCL and MSC, they have exclusive areas, and that's exactly what RCI are chasing, premium business.

Because as far as I'm concerned a D+ shouldn't have the facility to use the CL and as I said, this is being addressed on the newer and refurbished ships which now just have a suite lounge where D+ members no longer have access- hurrah! If I spend money on a suite I don't expect to have to share an exclusive lounge with people who maybe in an inside cabin but just because they have cruised many times have accumulated enough points allows them access to a venue I've paid a princely sum for. Look at other lines like NCL and MSC, they have exclusive areas, and that's exactly what RCI are chasing, premium business.

As a Diamond member that has never cruised in a suite, and may not for a long time to come, I agree with you. You are paying a premium for certain amenities and should not be forced to compromise on those. RCI is establishing a parallel system, as it should be.

What is wrong with people in an inside cabin. I'm D+ and two months ago I was in a balcony cabin. So I guess you would not want to see or hear me. However, next week I'll be in a full suite. So now you are willing to grant me an audience? Do I become a better person just because I'm in a more expensive cabin? By the way, how can you tell what kind of cabin I'm in while I'm sitting in the CL? :confused: What would happen if you spoke to me once in the CL while I was enjoying a full suite, and then spoke to me again on another cruise only to later find out I was in a balcony? Would you have to run back to your cabin and take a shower?

Should I wear a sign around my neck, "Warning, I'm in a balcony cabin this cruise"? Or maybe you could wear a sign that says, "Please don't talk to me unless you are in a full suite." What about people in junior suites. Are they allowed to socialize with you?

Edited by Cuizer2

What is wrong with people in an inside cabin. I'm D+ and two months ago I was in a balcony cabin. So I guess you would not want to see or hear me. However, next week I'll be in a full suite. So now you are willing to grant me an audience? Do I become a better person just because I'm in a more expensive cabin? By the way, how can you tell what kind of cabin I'm in while I'm sitting in the CL? :confused: What would happen if you spoke to me once in the CL while I was enjoying a full suite, and then spoke to me again on another cruise only to later find out I was in a balcony? Would you have to run back to your cabin and take a shower?

Should I wear a sign around my neck, "Warning, I'm in a balcony cabin this cruise"? Or maybe you could wear a sign that says, "Please don't talk to me unless you are in a full suite."

touche'

Sounds like you found your answer, sail on the new ships with the exclusive suite lounge.:)

Edited by A&L_Ont

You have made your point very clear. Personally, I believe that people who book a suite should have a lounge of their own, however your attitude stinks.

I hope I never bump into you on a cruise, but I probably will be able to tell you from the rest of the cruisers since you will probably be walking on your toes to keep you above the fray of the rest of the cruisers.

It must be tough living in that rarified air.

why? Please explain?

Here's a fact, I have had so much awful treatment by those who believe they are superior to me because they are in a bigger suite or are a higher level C&A member than me ("oh just because you're in a suite but only Diamond, that's why it's too crowded in the CL because of people like you") that I rarely go into a D club or CL lounge these days. I welcome the drink vouchers on my SeaPass card. It means I can enjoy a beverage away from the awful self important prigs in the CL.

What a sad statement….and something I doubt most people in the CL/SL ever experience….certainly NOT from the large number of people that I have met in the CL/SL on my 100+ cruises. A smile, kind word, and pleasant disposition goes a long way in any environment to ensure that one is treated kindly.

If we were to ever meet in the lounge I will treat you with great kindness and hopefully help heal some of your pain.

Edited by beachnative

I just became Diamond on my last cruise and wouldn't be surprised if something changed before I go on my first cruise that would allow me to fully enjoy the perks.

As much as I'm loyal to Royal and enjoy the benefits they provide, I simply cruise for the love of being on the water. If they offered me nothing extra, I'll still have an amazing time.

I just became Diamond on my last cruise and wouldn't be surprised if something changed before I go on my first cruise that would allow me to fully enjoy the perks.

As much as I'm loyal to Royal and enjoy the benefits they provide, I simply cruise for the love of being on the water. If they offered me nothing extra, I'll still have an amazing time.

I like your attitude. I just became diamond as well , however I booked my upcoming cruise because my wife an I love cruising and not for the perks that being diamond will offer.

I would disagree; D+ members have all cruised 175 or more days with RCCL; they are Loyal to Royal in the same sense that Global Services members are loyal to United Airlines (and United Airlines usually offers more perks to Global Services members than to occasional flyers who purchase First Class tickets). Moreover, when you purchase a GS on RCCL, you get what you pay for, a beautifully furnished 380 (+/-) square foot room and gold card perks. If what you really want is a ship within a ship, you always have other options such as a a YC1 room on MSC. That YC1 room is only the size of an RCCL Junior Suite but it comes with a completely private ship within a ship. If that is what you want, then buy it.

What is wrong with people in an inside cabin. Nothing I'm D+ and two months ago I was in a balcony cabin. So I guess you would not want to see or hear me. Not in a suite lounge. However, next week I'll be in a full suite. So now you are willing to grant me an audience? Irrelevant, as you'd be allowed access to the Suite Lounge. Do I become a better person just because I'm in a more expensive cabin? No By the way, how can you tell what kind of cabin I'm in while I'm sitting in the CL? :confused: What would happen if you spoke to me once in the CL while I was enjoying a full suite, and then spoke to me again on another cruise only to later find out I was in a balcony? Would you have to run back to your cabin and take a shower? No don't be silly

Should I wear a sign around my neck, "Warning, I'm in a balcony cabin this cruise"? Or maybe you could wear a sign that says, "Please don't talk to me unless you are in a full suite." What about people in junior suites. Are they allowed to socialize with you?

I've answered your questions above

You have made your point very clear. Personally, I believe that people who book a suite should have a lounge of their own, however your attitude stinks.

I hope I never bump into you on a cruise, but I probably will be able to tell you from the rest of the cruisers since you will probably be walking on your toes to keep you above the fray of the rest of the cruisers.

It must be tough living in that rarified air.

I'm entitled to my opinion and you to yours and very unlikely that we'll bump into each other so that won't be an issue for you.

What a sad statement….and something I doubt most people in the CL/SL ever experience….certainly NOT from the large number of people that I have met in the CL/SL on my 100+ cruises. A smile, kind word, and pleasant disposition goes a long way in any environment to ensure that one is treated kindly.

If we were to ever meet in the lounge I will treat you with great kindness and hopefully help heal some of your pain.

Thanks but then again I can only report my experience of being a guest in a suite but a lowly Diamond member at the time.

I am sorry but how exactly is a Suite Guest being asked to compromise in any way. They book a Suite, they get a Suite and the benefits of having a Suite, one of which is an ability to use a Lounge on the ship. On certain ships that is with on the understanding it is a called a Suite Lounge where Suite Guests and Pinnacle members are able to use the facilities, on others it is a Concierge Lounge where others including D+ members are also enabled to use those facilities. If any Suite Guests finds the "certain amenities" unsuitable then the answer is simple, only book ships with Suite Only facilities.......or.......stay at Home where their uncomprimised backside can be pampered all day with having to mix with real people. :eek:

As a Diamond member that has never cruised in a suite, and may not for a long time to come, I agree with you. You are paying a premium for certain amenities and should not be forced to compromise on those. RCI is establishing a parallel system, as it should be.

You are indeed, it is your personal view, and I respect that.

Just as I am sure you will respect that fact that I would like point out that "not everyone from the UK has such an elitist attitude". Many people just happen to enjoy cruising in any cabin, and understand how lucky we are to be able to do so. We have enjoyed the company of people from around the world over many years of cruising, and intend to do so for many more. :)

I'm entitled to my opinion and you to yours and very unlikely that we'll bump into each other so that won't be an issue for you.

I am sorry but how exactly is a Suite Guest being asked to compromise in any way.

Simply stated Suite guests should be able to use the amenities they have paid for. # of suites is finite. amount of space dedicated to suites is finite. Number of loyalty guests can vary. The problem has become significant enough that now Royal is moving to parallel programs.

Just as I am sure you will respect that fact that I would like point out that "not everyone from the UK has such an elitist attitude".
I do respect that, but unfortunately that has not been my experience from the interactions I have had with some D+ and Pinnacle members, especially on TA's which attracts a high number of higher level C&A members. Too many of those made disparaging remarks just because at that time I was only D, albeit in a suite. 2 of whom were Pinnacle and several D+. Therefore, I don't think I had the elitist attitude, it was them and for reference they were from the UK.

And BTW this was on at least 2 TA's I experienced this attitude. So much so that if I go to consider a TA, I will check to see if these members are on that sailing. If they are, I will most possibly not sail, that's how uncomfortable they made me feel. However, if I do take that sailing, I can guarantee I will not be visiting either the DL or CL.

If people then consider that I have an elitist attitude, then so be it. But as I have stated, if I purchase a suite, I expect to be able to use all the amenities that come with that purchase. If that is to the detriment of others, then sorry but I can turn the tables and tell them if they want the amenities that come with a suite, then book a suite or stay home. It works both ways. :D

Edited by peteukmcr

You are indeed, it is your personal view, and I respect that.

Just as I am sure you will respect that fact that I would like point out that "not everyone from the UK has such an elitist attitude". Many people just happen to enjoy cruising in any cabin, and understand how lucky we are to be able to do so. We have enjoyed the company of people from around the world over many years of cruising, and intend to do so for many more. :)

I don't think it is the UK part that drives the attitude. However, I see you are from there and I can see why you would prefer to distance yourself from misconceptions.