future cruise deposit credit questions

MTdreaming

I don't feel like we were singled out necessarily.. just that so many had said we could probably get the second one we each had extended.. and we could not. i would admit that we didn't really remember or understand all the ramifications. Live and learn.

The great thing is they are refundable. So even though they were expiring, you get your money back. That makes it a great offer. Try to keep three in both of our accounts. Never know when you may want to book a hot notice and something two years away, too.

Edited by jimmieg
Spelling

I thought you could buy one for up to 60 days after you came home....or was it HAL that offered that?

If you do not purchase a Princess FCC while onboard, you should receive an E-mail after the cruise offering the opportunity to still purchase FCCs, but with a reduced amount of OBC attached to them.

I do not remember how long after the cruise you have to purchase them.

We sail on the Grand on May 31st, is the FCC desk open during embarkation? Guess that way I could buy them and call my TA before sailing.

The future cruise desk is not normally open on embarkation day, but there should be forms there you can fill out for FCCs and deposit in the drop box there. It may take several days for the form to be processed, depending on the workload of the consultant.

You can also find the form in the personalizer for your upcoming cruise and thus have it ready to put in the drop box when you board.

Alternatively you can:

o Arrange your booking with your TA and have him/her check your record for when the FCC becomes available and then make the booking.

or

o Book onboard (to which the FCC will be applied) and have the booking assigned to your TA by the onboard future cruise consultant.

The future cruise desk is not normally open on embarkation day, but there should be forms there you can fill out for FCCs and deposit in the drop box there. It may take several days for the form to be processed, depending on the workload of the consultant.

You can also find the form in the personalizer for your upcoming cruise and thus have it ready to put in the drop box when you board.

Alternatively you can:

o Arrange your booking with your TA and have him/her check your record for when the FCC becomes available and then make the booking.

or

o Book onboard (to which the FCC will be applied) and have the booking assigned to your TA by the onboard future cruise consultant.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. The credit would be for the next cruise in Feb that we are planning. I was trying to figure out the earliest way to get the FCC. , then have it applied to the next booking. I' lol get it and let her know to look for it and book then.

Not sure if it's open on embarkation, never really looked.

The night before embarkation I filled out the forms that are available a the FCC's desk and dropped them in the provided mail-slot. The two deposits showed up in my account (both Princess & my CC) within a week or so.

So very convenient.

Deb

The night before embarkation I filled out the forms that are available a the FCC's desk and dropped them in the provided mail-slot. The two deposits showed up in my account (both Princess & my CC) within a week or so.

So very convenient.

Deb

On the Crown last year it was possible to apply for a FCD using the Princess@Sea onboard intranet system.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I love them. We always purchase them when onboard. We were in an OV cabin for our recent Panama Canal transit. My wife and I each used Future Cruise Deposits when we booked and ended up with $125 each in OBC. $250 total OBC for filling out a very simple form. That's hard to beat... The additional $250 OBC for holding 100 shares of CCL stock was icing on the cake. :)

We (duh...) purchased more while on that cruise and they were confirmed within a couple of hours via email. Very fast service.

Edited by Thrak

That didn't help.. apparently you can only use one FCD toward one cruise, so we could each use just one of ours not both..regardless of number of rooms in the booking. We might have mis-understood originally.. but it is annoying.

FCC's can only be used for the person in whose name they were purchased. In this case you and your wife. They were not purchased in your childrens name so they cannot be used for them.

If on the other hand you had purchase one in each of their names as well as the two in your and your wifes name it would have worked. Of course in that case you could not use the ones purchsed in your childrens name yourself if they did not use them.

My understanding is if you have multiples you can apply them to payment, but you can only get one FCC OBC per person per cruise. So if I had two in my name and two in my wifes I could use the $100 dollar value of each one cruise $200 per person, but only 1 OBC per person. No additional benefit for using multiples other then using them up.

FCC's can only be used for the person in whose name they were purchased. In this case you and your wife. They were not purchased in your childrens name so they cannot be used for them.

If on the other hand you had purchase one in each of their names as well as the two in your and your wifes name it would have worked. Of course in that case you could not use the ones purchsed in your childrens name yourself if they did not use them.

My understanding is if you have multiples you can apply them to payment, but you can only get one FCC OBC per person per cruise. So if I had two in my name and two in my wifes I could use the $100 dollar value of each one cruise $200 per person, but only 1 OBC per person. No additional benefit for using multiples other then using them up.

We had a couple that ere expiring. So rather than waiting for a refund, we just applied them to a cruise that we had booked with FCCs. Each counted as a $100 payment, but we did not get any OBC beyond the first one each

We had a couple that ere expiring. So rather than waiting for a refund, we just applied them to a cruise that we had booked with FCCs. Each counted as a $100 payment, but we did not get any OBC beyond the first one each

Yep, that is my understanding as well.

I came here looking for Future Cruise deposit info for Princess and learned a lot from this thread so thank you all!

I do have a question about the above quote though. I am not the one who sails Princess, my mother is. She has an upcoming Princess cruise, which is why I started thinking about this all!

I am seriously considering Princess for DH's and I 20th anniversary cruise for Alaska. Not for a few years yet though alas. But I know these can be great on other lines, just started looking into Princess actually but it is my mom's favorite :)

I know they aren't transferable, but is the above possible? Like even if I am not on the sailing with her, could my mother by FCC's in mine and DH's name for us? I am just slightly confused because one post said you had to be on-board to buy them, but then "If you bought them in the kids names" has me all confused! Anyone know for sure?

TIA!

I came here looking for Future Cruise deposit info for Princess and learned a lot from this thread so thank you all!

I do have a question about the above quote though. I am not the one who sails Princess, my mother is. She has an upcoming Princess cruise, which is why I started thinking about this all!

I am seriously considering Princess for DH's and I 20th anniversary cruise for Alaska. Not for a few years yet though alas. But I know these can be great on other lines, just started looking into Princess actually but it is my mom's favorite :)

I know they aren't transferable, but is the above possible? Like even if I am not on the sailing with her, could my mother by FCC's in mine and DH's name for us? I am just slightly confused because one post said you had to be on-board to buy them, but then "If you bought them in the kids names" has me all confused! Anyone know for sure?

TIA!

I know when we were on in November we could NOT buy for our daughter.

There is some talk about it changing, but what I have heard is that if it does change it will only be for on board bookings not FCCs. But that is only rumour at this time.

TIA!

I believe that they would have to be on the cruise when purchased. I do not think you cannot buy them for anyone that is not on the cruise when they are purchased. I just was trying to clarify the have to be purchased in their name aspect.

Edited by RDC1

TIA!

An FCC can only be bought for a passenger on that cruise. So your mother could not buy FCC for you and your spouse if you were not sailing with her.

It was my understanding, and I actually experienced this, that you can purchase Future Cruise Credits for a time after sailing. Not sure of the time period but we booked a cruise shortly after getting off a cruise (within 30 days) and they sold us extra FCCs because we had not purchased enough. We always have at least one in the books but we were booking three cruises and we were able to purchase two more because we had recently sailed. It's a great deal--free money!

I think you can buy FCC's if you do the BVE (Bon Voyage Experience) but I've never done that myself. And you can also apply the $39 you paid for the BVE to a future cruise if you book a cruise within a certain time frame, maybe 60 days after doing the BVE?

It was my understanding, and I actually experienced this, that you can purchase Future Cruise Credits for a time after sailing. Not sure of the time period but we booked a cruise shortly after getting off a cruise (within 30 days) and they sold us extra FCCs because we had not purchased enough. We always have at least one in the books but we were booking three cruises and we were able to purchase two more because we had recently sailed. It's a great deal--free money!

The FCCs sold after the cruise come with reduced OBC when you use them.

• 3 years later...
6 minutes ago, sdsue said:

If you have FCCs do they qualify as your whole deposit when booking?  If you use a TA do they just accept the credit?

Yes. With few exceptions, shown below in the fine print, the $100/pp is the entire deposit. Just advise the T.A. that you have FCD's to apply as the deposit. FCD reference numbers are shown in your Captain's Circle account.

"* This letter has been issued from the Future Cruise Sales Department for a Future Cruise Deposit (“FCD”) in the amount specified above. The FCD is available to use on new future bookings only and is non-transferable. The FCD currency is non-changeable. The FCD is combinable with most publicly offered fares and promotions. The FCD will be automatically refunded if not applied to a new booking created within two years from date of purchase. Once applied to a booking the FCD is considered money and is subject to booking terms and conditions in the Passage contract. Only one FCD per person applied to a booking will provide shipboard credit. Shipboard credit is nonrefundable and only applicable to each FCD purchased and applies to the holder of the FCD only, excluding 3rd and 4th berth guests. Shipboard credit is based on the ship’s onboard currency and is not redeemable for cash. FCDs do not apply to bookings on Charter voyages. Reduced deposit and onboard credits do not apply to bookings 45+ days. The reduced deposit requirement for these bookings may vary based on booking dates, and a fare discount of 3% is provided. To make your next booking, please contact your Travel Agent, or Princess Cruises at 1-800-PRINCESS."

1 hour ago, sdsue said:

Thanks so much!  In reading this thread there was a lot about using the purchased credits for on board accounts and about using them for deposits. 

When you purchase an FCD, $100, that is for a deposit on a future cruise. You can not use the $100 FCD as on board currency, but when you do use it to make a deposit you benefit by receiving OBC in amounts which vary by length of voyage and cabin category.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2016 at 9:52 PM, julie3fan said:

I think you can buy FCC's if you do the BVE (Bon Voyage Experience) but I've never done that myself. And you can also apply the $39 you paid for the BVE to a future cruise if you book a cruise within a certain time frame, maybe 60 days after doing the BVE?

If you want to do that, you have to hurry. The BVE is being discontinued (for retooling) at the end of this month (IIRC, not sure about the date).:classic_sad:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Hope you manage to get the Future Cruise Deposits you cannot use, either refunded or extended....it's worth asking!

Refunds are no problem...do nothing and at the end of 2 years it will be refunded back to the credit card you used to buy it. That can be a problem if the card # has changed.

Getting an extension is something I've never needed :classic_wink:, but posters here report the request is usually granted.

• 3 months later...

Oh, I am so confused! I'm going to ask two specific questions in hopes someone can answer from experience. I read the FCD form linked to an earlier post, but did not see an answer.

Situation:

We have three Princess cruises scheduled right now. I have already made a deposit on each. I did not use an existing FCD for any of those three. I have paid the final payment on only one of the three (sailing Nov 2019).

Q1. If, while on the November sailing, I purchase a FCD in my name, and another in my wife's name, will I get any OBC for any of our three scheduled cruises?

Q2. Or can that OBC only be gained on something I have yet to book within the 2 year FCD program?

I understand the two years specified on the FCD form is for booking a cruise, not actually departing on a cruise. We very often book a cruise 18 months in advance. I also understand if I do not book anything in those two years, the FCD I pay in Nov 2019 will be refunded to me in Nov 2021.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4