Don Horner

Jancruz

All of us 180'ers are absolutely heartbroken to lose the original Mr Horner. He was my friend and my deepest sympathies are with Betsy. We will miss him.

Trying at this moment to get a memorial service onboard in the next day or 2. Will keep all of you who are onboard posted. If others would like to contribute to the service, please post it here.

Edited by cathi

I never met Don but his comments and reports on the Board seemed to reflect what a wonderful person he was. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. So hard to believe as I've been reading his reports on his blog about his wonderful journey.

My sincerest condolences to his wife and family.

All of us 180'ers are absolutely heartbroken to lose the original Mr Horner. He was my friend and my deepest sympathies are with Betsy. We will miss him.

Trying at this moment to get a memorial service onboard in the next day or 2. Will keep all of you who are onboard posted. If others would like to contribute to the service, please post it here.

If any of you know the Insurance company he used please notify Alper the concierge ASAP Please tell Betsy, Marcy, Stu and I are praying for her..

Jancruz1

Our deepest sympathy to Betsy. Deb & Jim from NH

If any of you know the Insurance company he used please notify Alper the concierge ASAP Please tell Betsy, Marcy, Stu and I are praying for her..

Jancruz1

Jan, contact his son Andrew. I am sure he has all info. Don would never leave anything to chance.

So sorry to hear this. He was a great source for all things Oceania and will be sorely missed. My sympathies to all, especially Betsy and the family.

I think he has posted the insurance info in the past. Sadly I am not a talented searcher. Perhaps someone can find the pertinent info.

Mo

Edited by potterhill

I am heartbroken. We lost a true friend today. I called him VOR (Voice of Reason) because of his sensible way of bringing topics back into perspective. We were blessed to have spent the past weeks with him. He loved his Betsy like no other! Gone too soon. RIP Don.

Denise

Sent from my iPhone

Very sad news indeed.

Although I have never met Don in person, I immensely enjoyed and respected his contributions to these boards and his presence will be sorely missed.

Don appeared to live his life to the fullest - we should all inspire to do this.

My condolences to Betsy and the rest of Don's family.

Paul

Jancruz1

Here might be his insurance info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45053625&highlight=hondorner+insurance#post45053625

It looks like he kept his insurance from the cancelled (fire) trip, but if not, he may have insured with Steve at TripInsuranceStore.

SO sorry to hear about his passing.

We had looked forward to meeting him.

Originally Posted by iamtrustworthy View Post

Hi hondorner,

If you are keeping your same policy, but are just changing the dates, then all the original contract provisions will stay with the policy including the ability to cover a trip of over 100 days in length. That's because insurance is a unilateral contract.

However, there's another policy provision that needs to be ascertained. That is if your John Hancock plan had a time limit (x number of months) in which the policy had to be used after purchase. Some companies require travel be completed within 24 months after purchase, while other companies have no time limit.

That answer will guide whether you can keep your original policy or have to get a new one. It's not an arbitrary decision by the insurance company because they also are governed by their contract language.

Steve Dasseos

Appears Don't Insurance is with John Hancock and perhaps Steve Dasseos at insuremytrips.com should be able to help with the policy.

Good luck and God Speed Don, may he rest in piece.

Oh, no! One of the great gentlemen with whom I have been acquainted, ever. God bless his memory and may Betsy and the family be comforted with many wonderful memories. Was enjoying his RTW blog immensely. That he passed while doing what he so deeply loved - cruising with Betsy - offers the tiniest comfort. Prayers ascending here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi hondorner,

If you are keeping your same policy, but are just changing the dates, then all the original contract provisions will stay with the policy including the ability to cover a trip of over 100 days in length. That's because insurance is a unilateral contract.

However, there's another policy provision that needs to be ascertained. That is if your John Hancock plan had a time limit (x number of months) in which the policy had to be used after purchase. Some companies require travel be completed within 24 months after purchase, while other companies have no time limit.

That answer will guide whether you can keep your original policy or have to get a new one. It's not an arbitrary decision by the insurance company because they also are governed by their contract language.

Steve Dasseos

Appears Don't Insurance is with John Hancock and perhaps Steve Dasseos at insuremytrips.com should be able to help with the policy.

Thanks.

This is the link I posted above.

But slight correction:

Steve is at TripInsuranceStore.com, and not the competitor...

Hi hondorner,

Steve Dasseos

Correction: Steve"s company is tripinsurancestore.com