Don Horner

Jancruz

Incredibly sad to hear this news. Don visited us during one of his road trips - we spent a lovely afternoon with he and Betsy and recently talked about sailing together some day. Such a lovely man - he will truly be missed. Our hearts and prayers go out to Betsy and his family.

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Fair winds and following seas,

may forever you feel, upon your cheek, the salty breeze.

Your spirit lives on in many a heart,

your words captured,and never to depart.

May your loved ones have the comfort in knowing,

to heaven is where you are going.

For all that they have to do is look above,

and they will be reminded of your love.

So sorry to hear the news. Sincere condolences to Betsy and his family.

I do not think he insured with Steve.... just taking some advice from him

I think he had John Hancock I remember reading he was able to extend his ins for the new cruise

Hopefully it is in his notes someplace & with his family

Maybe some info in the roll call

Lyn

Here might be his insurance info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45053625&highlight=hondorner+insurance#post45053625

It looks like he kept his insurance from the cancelled (fire) trip, but if not, he may have insured with Steve at TripInsuranceStore.

SO sorry to hear about his passing.

We had looked forward to meeting him.

Thanks for the help..but he had neither company...John Hancock or Steve..We have called both

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

We here on board are absolutely devastated. Don was simply the best.

We see other RTWers and words aren't needed. We simply stand with our arms around each other; some of us cry, some of us are just too stunned to respond.

We take solace in knowing how much fun he was having. We 4 had lunch just the other day and I said "Don, aren't we having a blast" and he replied "I'm having the time of my life." And that's what I will always remember... him rearing back in his chair, laughing, and just so filled with joy at being on board.

Jan, I did find this post from the rtw roll call...but he states he kept Hancock

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45100084&postcount=111

Thanks so much..I called Insuremytrip.com and found it..have sent the info to the ship..

Marcy and I really appreciate everyones help..still so hard to believe..

Jancruz1

It is with a heavy heart that I write this..our wonderful Don Horner passed away this morning on the Insignia while living out his dream of a World Cruise..

Jancruz1

Well that came as a shock! I never met the Horners, but enjoyed his posts on the RTW2016 roll call and other CC posts. Our condolences to Betsy and his family. That he went while living his dream should be a solace to all ... live each day to the fullest.

So sorry to hear this news. I never met Don, but felt I knew him through his many postings on various topics on this board over the years. I was looking forward to possibly meeting him and Betsy on a future O cruise. It was through Don that I found my great TA, for which I'll always be grateful. Deepest condolences to the family.

What a shock I just had in reading this sad news. Don was indeed a stalwart of this voice, and as so many have said, a voice of reason.

I had the good fortune to sail with Don and Betsy a couple of years ago. I needed help in putting together well over 100 name tags and several people offered to help but Don and Betsy were the only ones who actually showed up. We had a delightful evening together ...

Gentle journey, Don.

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Fair winds and following seas,

may forever you feel, upon your cheek, the salty breeze.

Your spirit lives on in many a heart,

your words captured,and never to depart.

May your loved ones have the comfort in knowing,

to heaven is where you are going.

For all that they have to do is look above,

and they will be reminded of your love.

So sorry to hear the news. Sincere condolences to Betsy and his family.

How lovely. Thank you for posting this wee poem. His great good humor suffused his many posts, and his recent blog. A terrible pity. Our condolences to his immediate and extended family.

I share the thoughts of others. We are joining the RTW cruise in June in Los Angeles and I was looking forward to meeting him at our meet and greet just so I could thank him for his His contributions to CC touched many whom he never met but who were affected by his wonderful common sense and grounded observations. My prayers go out to his family and friends on such a loss.

Catherine

All the cc members on board are very sorry to get this news this afternoon. Don and Betsy were on a tour with us yesterday. They were an important part of our afternoon trivia team.

The first call for help came around 3pm for a cabin belonging to another cc member, that was shortly changed to a non existant number and then changed again to thier cabin number.

When we got together for trivia we were not sure if it was his cabin or not. When they did not show up we were more concerned and hoping for the best.