Don Horner

Jancruz

Our sincere condolences to the entire Horner family. We never met, but we always enjoyed whatever Don had to say. A gentleman in every sense of the word. His insights and knowledge will be truly missed. Arlene and Allan

+1 my sympathies to the entire Horner Family.

Don will be missed on CC.

I never met Don, but about 10 years ago, we, along with Bruinsteve, won the Oceania Itinerary Idol contest. The email with the notification had our phone numbers. I called Don to congratulate him. He asked what I was doing and I told him I was dancing around my kitchen. He told me he was doing the same thing in his living room.

I like to think he is dancing in heaven. My condolences to his family.

We take solace in knowing how much fun he was having. We 4 had lunch just the other day and I said "Don, aren't we having a blast" and he replied "I'm having the time of my life." And that's what I will always remember... him rearing back in his chair, laughing, and just so filled with joy at being on board.

So sad for his family, those onboard, and those that knew him. Thank you for sharing this memory. I hope his family can eventually take some small comfort knowing how happy he was when it was his time to depart this earth.

I am truly saddened to learn this. Don was a stalwart of this forum and could always be relied upon for informed, forthright and accurate answers about Oceania. I will always remember his kindness when I was new to the line and he patiently explained all things O to me. I watched him do the same for many newcomers over the years. He will be sorely missed. I can't imagine the heartbreak of Betsy and send condolences to her and the rest of his family and friends.

Oh my gosh. I m so shocked to hear of Don's passing. I really couldn't believe what I was reading. We met Don on the Maiden voyage of the Marina. My husband so enjoyed their conversations about ships, etc. etc.

I lost my husband after our trip from Cape Town to Singapore. I am so happy that we were at home. He will be buried at sea March 14th as we had over 50 cruises together, and this is what he wanted.

My deepest sympathy to Betsy and the family. Don was doing what he loved most--on the high seas seeing the world. The world is a much better place having had Don as part of it. This is truly a very sad loss

Oh my gosh. I m so shocked to hear of Don's passing. I really couldn't believe what I was reading. We met Don on the Maiden voyage of the Marina. My husband so enjoyed their conversations about ships, etc. etc.

I lost my husband after our trip from Cape Town to Singapore. I am so happy that we were at home. He will be buried at sea March 14th as we had over 50 cruises together, and this is what he wanted.

My deepest sympathy to Betsy and the family. Don was doing what he loved most--on the high seas seeing the world. The world is a much better place having had Don as part of it. This is truly a very sad loss

Agree with everything that you posted. So sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Having a burial at sea is definitely a good way to honor him and your 50 cruises.

So sad to hear this news! I too feel like I lost a friend although Don and I never met. His willingness to share his knowledge and experiences with others on these boards made him someone to look up to; someone to count on. My prayers and sympathy to Betsy and family.

Cathy💕❤️💕

Shocked and saddened to read this but there is comfort in knowing Don and Betsy were living their dream. Such a gentleman and so willing to share his knowledge and common sense by regularly posting on CC and by offering help through private emails.

Sincere condolences to Betsy and his family. Time to go back and read his blog again...

“I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead. ”

― Jimmy Buffett

Although we never met Don, we felt like we knew him from his positive, caring posts on CC.

We enjoyed seeing the pictures of Don and Betsy with their family prior to their embarking on their world cruise.

We were so saddened to learn of his passing. Don got to live his dream and enjoyed his life.

Sincere condolences to Betsy and their family.

Rhea and Michael Josephson

So saddened by his passing.

We were on the Regatta Miami to Barcelona many years ago when Don had his attack while en route. They had been at the Marina float out and we were anxious to quiz him about the new class of ship.

Fortunately we did cruise Alaska with him, the ships film of the Marina did show him, and Betsy at the intro.

When Insignia had the fire, and the RTW did not start as scheduled, they moved to the 2016. So happy for him for at least starting.

Condolences to his 2 families, Here on the boards and in life. The boys are probably in shock.

It is with a heavy heart that I write this..our wonderful Don Horner passed away this morning on the Insignia while living out his dream of a World Cruise..

Jancruz1

Jan, Thank you for everything you have done and are doing to help my parents, including finding their insurance for them. If there is anything I can do please let me know. (my email adddress is ahorn23@yahoo.com)

I know how important his Cruise Critic family was to my dad (Don) and I truly appreciate reading all the posts on this thread. I am still in shock right now and really just anxiously waiting now for my mom (Betsy) to make her way home which I am still not sure when that will be. I also wanted to say that Oceania has contacted me twice already from the ship and in Miami to keep my updated on the situation. As sad as I am and as much as I want to be there for my mom, Oceania has made me feel they are doing everything they can in this situation to help support her. I am not sure I would feel this way with any other cruise line. Thank you again for all the condolences on this thread.

Don & Betsy's son,

Adam Horner

Adam, I was so very, very sorry to hear this news. I never met your Dad but we had a few exchanges on these boards and I very much admired him. Please pass on my condolences to your Mum and the rest of the family. My heart goes out to you all.

Sella

Adam, thank you for taking the time to come to the board and update everyone. As you can see, your father was much-loved and well respected by the posters here, and even those of us that did know him personally feel his loss. I am new to the Oceania boards and appreciated the great wealth of knowledge he provided, while never making anyone feel small or silly for asking a question. He was, as has been said, a true gentleman.

Your entire family is the thoughts and prayers of everyone on Cruise Critic. I know those members on board with your mom will try to provide whatever comfort to her they can during this unimaginable time of loss.

This morning your family and your father were in our prayers at church here in rural Illinois, Adam. Thus the reach of boards like this - which can be cold and distant, but can also create a community bond of great depth. You are so gracious to stop here and address our shared sense of loss. May you all be blessed with the peace beyond all understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk