How long must we wait for the Anthem to leave New JERSEY.

I don't like the Quantum class.Seems like a Disney ship,Just my opinion.Love to sail from winter to summer.Have a great next cruise.:)

I have sailed Disney and had first class cruises, however, I do not want to sail the huge ships several times a year. Much preferred the mid sized ships. Was on the Anthem for the infamous 2/6 cruise; leaving in March on Grandeur - which I love; then 3 more on Anthem. Trying to stay loyal to Royal but not so sure if Anthem will be my home ship. I do not like paying for amenities that I will not use.

I don't understand why are you always so negative towards people? What did anyone here ever do to you? Kick your dog? call your wife ugly? :confused::confused:

Yeah....it's a shame that some folks are "my way or the highway" mentality when they post.

On the plus side....they can be so easily exposed and discounted as such.

There are contrasting views on this topic...and that's a good thing. Valid points abound from most of the posters here. But of course no one has a monopoly on their views being right.

What is obvious when you read many of the Quantum class ship threads the past 6 months or so...is that there is still plenty of "sting" from the quick decision to move Quantum itself to China, after nearly a year of promotion in the U.S.

What is also clear, is that plenty of people understand the risks of launching a large ship from a port located in a climate with volatile winter weather. Not everyone is blind to that reality...there is risk.

What has been seen in actual experiences so far is that the risks are not only real, but can be costly to the continued practice for using this port for a large ship...plenty of clear evidence over just the past month alone on that front.

Agree or disagree...the fact is that RCI is very likely to be re-evaluating their choices on port assignments for Anthem. That's just smart business thinking on their part. It doesn't guarantee any changes, but allows that they are possible. This story will continue to unfold in the future.

You will know how much longer with the release of the new itineraries in a few weeks.

Which I'm patiently waiting for :). For the rest of the world it comes down to 2 great opportunity hits in 1 go: NY and a new ship (only my opinion, of course) :). I will only be sailing in the summer months, though ;).

The publicity is keeping Anthem full. We travel from CA (have to fly across the country anyway) and would not have previously considered sailing out of NY/NJ prior to all of the recent news on Anthem. We primarily sail on Freedom and Oasis class ships because we bring the kids. Now we are trying Anthem in July. It was hard to find two cabins close together and the price was high. NY/NJ is a large market, few cruise options and an affluent clientele (people with disposable income) so looks like the ship will sail full with high prices for now.

The publicity is keeping Anthem full. We travel from CA (have to fly across the country anyway) and would not have previously considered sailing out of NY/NJ prior to all of the recent news on Anthem. We primarily sail on Freedom and Oasis class ships because we bring the kids. Now we are trying Anthem in July. It was hard to find two cabins close together and the price was high. NY/NJ is a large market, few cruise options and an affluent clientele (people with disposable income) so looks like the ship will sail full with high prices for now.

The publicity is actually hurting the ship...and in several other threads here...you will read about people cancelling based on recent events.

If you are sailing in July...that's an entirely different scenario....hope that goes well for you that time of year.

Agree or disagree...the fact is that RCI is very likely to be re-evaluating their choices on port assignments for Anthem. That's just smart business thinking on their part. It doesn't guarantee any changes, but allows that they are possible.

And the outcome of that re-evaluation will become obvious in the next two weeks when the 2017-2018 itinerary comes out - no changes for Anthem.:cool:

It will be interesting to see how anyone tries to spin this publicity helping keep Anthem full...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cruise-ship-that-was-damaged-in-storm-turns-around-again/ar-BBq75Ve?li=BBnbcA1

BAYONNE, N.J. — The cruise ship that was battered by a major storm earlier this month has turned around midtrip to avoid another squall in the Atlantic Ocean.

Royal Caribbean announced on Twitter on Saturday that the Anthem of the Seas ship would return to its home port in Bayonne, New Jersey, to "avoid a severe storm and provide guests with a comfortable journey back home."

It will be interesting to see how anyone tries to spin this publicity helping keep Anthem full...

There's nothing to spin - Anthem sails full at higher prices than most of the rest of the fleet regardless of the issues it has had. Are you related to that lawyer Walker - you sound like him.

I agree…………..

Thanks.

This kind of stuff can't help things either...

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2016/02/26/delawarean-sues-over-cruises-voyage-through-storm/80985130/

I'm hoping for RCI to recover successfully from this situation...but like the first step in any 12 step program...they have to get past the first one - denial (that there's a problem).

This kind of publicity hurts the industry as a whole, and often leads to everyone else who enjoys cruising paying higher prices down the road.

No "winners" in this situation.

You might be right,but i hope not.Have a great next cruise.:)

Hey, try it you may like it. Cruised on the Quantum, last Feb and it's a wonderful ship. Loved the DD and all of it's tech availability. Entertainment was the best of all my cruises. Cost me the same for a 12 nite as it would for a 7 niter, and still got 7 days of warm sunny days. Better selection of ports than the Oasis and Freedom class.

Thanks.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2016/02/26/delawarean-sues-over-cruises-voyage-through-storm/80985130/

I'm hoping for RCI to recover successfully from this situation...but like the first step in any 12 step program...they have to get past the first one - denial (that there's a problem).

This kind of publicity hurts the industry as a whole, and often leads to everyone else who enjoys cruising paying higher prices down the road.

In a previous post you wrote that publicity Anthem was generating was hurting because of cancellations on that ship, though that is based on what you read on these boards and is not to say that those cancellations are not being rebooked.

Now you state that bad publicity (which you claim is causing cancellations on Anthem) leads to higher prices. If demand drops, so will prices.

You seem to have some agenda against Quantum class ships sailing from NJ.

Thanks.

Still trying to figure out what situation you think Royal Caribbean has

Voyager-2004, Explorer, Quantum, Liberty, Anthem. Prices out of Bayonne have always been higher than Florida.

Long before this incident there was Dynamic Dining, Sandy, and a very bad snowstorm that I was in returning to Bayonne. There were broken windows in the WindJammer, etc...

Quantum was not an experiment, the ship was designed for Bayonne, but Bermuda happened.

Anthem is here and as I remember there was discounting last year. Anthem will stay until RCI decides it is no longer profitable.

The area around Cape Hatteras is well known for violent storms. In winter it seems to be the location that most Nor'easters form and move up the coast. We had several bad experiences from Baltimore--either coming or going on winter cruises along the NC coast and no longer book winter cruises along this route [NJ or MD].

Some weeks will be fine. However, winter storms seem to come every couple of weeks so the chance that you will catch one moving south or north is fairly high. . . . It will be a bumpy ride if nothing else.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Well if the anthem is going to stay and YES I know it's a new ship why can't there be reasonable pricing as were on the explorer?. Or yes bring one of those ships back for a $10.000 grand suite on this ship or a $4.000 on the explorer BRING IT BACK. How long will royal keep this up be for people go some were else. All I want to do is cruise at a reasonable price. We have invested a lot of money to get where we are and would love to keep on going to pinnacle some day.

P.S You can't even get a JS on the anthem for under $6000.00 on a good day now I was told once on the explorer once a bigger ship comes in the price will be lower....

I have a GS on Anthem in November for a 10 nts Caribbean Cruise for $6000.

Royal will continue to over charge,as long as we are willing to pay crazy prices.IT WILL NEVER GO DOWN.I will not pay extra for dumb cranes or bumper cars. Looks like we will not cruise Royal...

Pricing out Bermuda. NCL Breakaway, Carnival Sunshine, and Anthem of the Seas all sailing the same weekend. Surprisingly, Sunshine per day price is more expensive than Anthem! And Breakaway is the most expensive of the three!

Voyager-2004, Explorer, Quantum, Liberty, Anthem. Prices out of Bayonne have always been higher than Florida.

Long before this incident there was Dynamic Dining, Sandy, and a very bad snowstorm that I was in returning to Bayonne. There were broken windows in the WindJammer, etc...

Quantum was not an experiment, the ship was designed for Bayonne, but Bermuda happened.

Anthem is here and as I remember there was discounting last year. Anthem will stay until RCI decides it is no longer profitable.

From my standpoint, the pricing is not that out of wack. I have a Aug. '16reserve on Anthem 9 niter to NE/Canada and the pricing for 2 for d7 balcony cabin is $3k including grats and 30/30% and D+ balcony discount. If I factor a similar cruise, for example 9 niter from Miami on Navigator cruising on Feb. '17 and with all of the same characteristics my pricing for 2 is $2.5k -- add airline fare and it winds costing more than my Anthem cruise.

Similar situation when I cruised 12 niter Quantum on Feb. '16.