Do Diamond Plus Have Access to Liberty's Suite Lounge???

julesbeara

The D+ might be easier to deal with than those whiny Pinnacles.;)

Don't know about the whining, but I saw two Pinnacles almost come to blows near the elevator after muster drill.

Also, some Pinnacles rejected us at their table because they were waiting for someone. At least they did have someone join them.

If you wear those pins, be sure to behave. If you plan to misbehave, leave the pins in your rooms. Then we'll think you're brand new cruisers.

Do the GS come with a DVD player ( mine did last year)
The DVD players on Adventure in GS cabins were replaced with Playstation 3's in 2014, maybe they've been changed back again! The idea was that guests had greater options with a PS3 including gaming.

OK - I've been reading this thread and I have a little bit of a rant...so hear I go.

Just my thoughts - This particular rant is concerning the Liberty of The Seas. I really do not understand how they can be changing the rules of the Concierge Lounge on a Freedom class ship. They can call the CL anything they want, so they named it a Suite Lounge. But this Suite Lounge does not have a Coastal Kitchen area and it does not serve breakfast and lunch nor the mimosas in the morning or beer at noon time. So my point is...it is just a different location for the Concierge Lounge. It should have the same benefits as the rest of the freedom class fleet which means Suite, Pinnacles and D+ Crown/Anchor members are welcome at anytime with the use of their room key.

And that is what the Royal Caribbean website states. I will be on the Liberty May 1st and I will print off a copy of their amenities list to take with me when I go.

Thank you for letting me say what was on my mind. Love you guys!

OK - I've been reading this thread and I have a little bit of a rant...so hear I go.

Just my thoughts - This particular rant is concerning the Liberty of The Seas. I really do not understand how they can be changing the rules of the Concierge Lounge on a Freedom class ship. They can call the CL anything they want, so they named it a Suite Lounge. But this Suite Lounge does not have a Coastal Kitchen area and it does not serve breakfast and lunch nor the mimosas in the morning or beer at noon time. So my point is...it is just a different location for the Concierge Lounge. It should have the same benefits as the rest of the freedom class fleet which means Suite, Pinnacles and D+ Crown/Anchor members are welcome at anytime with the use of their room key.

And that is what the Royal Caribbean website states. I will be on the Liberty May 1st and I will print off a copy of their amenities list to take with me when I go.

I agree with what you have said. However, I really think this is the wave of the future. CL lounges will be changed to SL on all ships. That way they can kick out the D+ without having the backlash they had when they booted the D from the CL. There won't be a CL anymore, so technically they aren't kicking us out. No big announcement, just a gradual change. Just my opinion. Royal is obviously catering to suite guests, not loyalty members.

Linda, I sure understand your sentiments and frustration but am afraid that the renaming of the CL to the SL will soon extend to other ships. Many members have the impression that the Crown & Anchor society is a loyalty program when in realty it is a tremendously successful marketing program.

Too successful in fact. When high dollar suite guests have difficulty finding a seat in the lounge something is going to give and I sure don't expect to see RCCL converting any passenger cabins into lounge areas to alleviate that situation. So something unpleasant to C & A members is bound to happen.. Taking the amenities list with you is not a bad idea but doubt it will help.

Technically they reserve the right to change the program. I guess they could even rename DL to CL and D+ and P members would still have CL access.

Edited by Don Pedro

Royal is obviously catering to suite guests, not loyalty members.

This dead horse keeps rearing it's ugly head. C&A get a lot of benefits for loyalty - reduced rates on balcony/suite, Diamond Lounge, free drinks, laundry etc. It's not a bad thing to cater to suite guests. In addition to the real estate, they need to stay competitive with suite perks against the competition.

Change is inevitable. Adapt or become extinct. I wasn't happy when we made Diamond only to cruise one time before we got booted from the CL unless we were in a suite. But I get it and at least they created DL's. When we booked Liberty, we were considering going back to a jr suite after doing GS for the last 5 years. I looked at the new deck plans, saw Suite Lounge and that sealed the deal to stick with a GS. The handwriting is on the wall, I'm afraid.

I do agree with you Linda, that it's unfortunate HOW they are doing this. No announcement, no dates given - just a stealthy move to make the change. Anytime they make an onboard benefit change, they fumble the implementation. At least there is still a DL - that Diamonds can use. Like many here, I see that going to a D+ lounge down the road and Diamonds just get the free drinks anywhere on board.

And HI Linda, sorry we are once again on a different sailing. Hope you will report back - I'll be eager for info that close to our trip. :)

Hey there Linda,

Been a while

Hope life is treating you well.

You going to be on Liberty for Thanksgiving this year?

Nikki says hi:)

Edited by PompeySailor

Go Linda Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A poster on another site this morning, who is on a b2b2b (they are D+ but will make Pinnacle next week on their final b2), said that last week D+ were allowed, but on the turnaround this week, D+ were no longer allowed. Like I said, next week they will make P so it will no longer matter but this middle week of the b2 they are out of the SL.

They also said that there is no 11 - 11 beverage service...just the usual happy hour beverage service. Maybe that will change with the new suites program but for now at least, no 11 - 11.

Linda, I sure understand your sentiments and frustration but am afraid that the renaming of the CL to the SL will soon extend to other ships.

Yet, the Ovation of the Seas deck plans still show a CL (well, actually a Concierge Club or CC) and that ship hasn't had its maiden voyage yet. You would think that, if the plan were to convert all CLs to SLs, they would show that in the Ovation plans. Therefore, IMHO, this will only apply in the near term to Oasis and Freedom class ships.

I just got off the Independence (Liberty's sister ship). Although the email I received alluded that D+ would not have access to the CL. (its still called CL on Independence). We did have access to it. But who wants it. The CL is located on Deck 10 just off the elevator, no windows, small. Raj seemed nice enough the one time I went in for coffee. The DL is off the Olive or Twist, huge windows, lots of seats inside and out. And when it was really crowded, the concierge nor bartenders cared if you carried food/drinks out to the lounge. I will say the bartenders were too busy to really make their way around to serve you at your seats. Thats the down side to the DL.

The concierge was definitely enforcing the no children rule in the evening much to our happiness. It was amazing how many folks did show up with their children in tow. She was very polite about it and if they had already sat down with the food/drink, she would allow them to finish what they had and then leave.

We have been banned from the reserved theater seating.

I just got off the Independence (Liberty's sister ship). Although the email I received alluded that D+ would not have access to the CL. (its still called CL on Independence). We did have access to it. But who wants it. The CL is located on Deck 10 just off the elevator, no windows, small. Raj seemed nice enough the one time I went in for coffee. The DL is off the Olive or Twist, huge windows, lots of seats inside and out. And when it was really crowded, the concierge nor bartenders cared if you carried food/drinks out to the lounge. I will say the bartenders were too busy to really make their way around to serve you at your seats. Thats the down side to the DL.

The concierge was definitely enforcing the no children rule in the evening much to our happiness. It was amazing how many folks did show up with their children in tow. She was very polite about it and if they had already sat down with the food/drink, she would allow them to finish what they had and then leave.

We have been banned from the reserved theater seating.

On RCCL's website, the list of benefits for D+ shows "Priority seating at theater, ice show and AquaTheater events". Did they give a reason for banning you from the reserved theater seating?

Worst impact on us will be the loss of the 'backup' specialty coffee machine in CL when the DL machine craps out.

Extra $$$ for GS to get that backup coffee machine? ;-)

Meh. Last Liberty cruise they were both down the entire week. And a tech was there in the CL on boarding day working on it.

Seems like the Specialty Coffee Machines break down frequently on many ships. We've been on the Radiance, Jewel & Adventure when they were broken. Sounds like they don't have someone on board doing regular maintenance?

Seems like the Specialty Coffee Machines break down frequently on many ships. We've been on the Radiance, Jewel & Adventure when they were broken. Sounds like they don't have someone on board doing regular maintenance?

They break down because people don't know how to use them.

They break down because people don't know how to use them.

Frustrating while on our last Enchantment cruise. Both the CL and DL did not have

milk going into the machine available for my early morning latte every morning we

were on board.

I finally figured out what was going on. They were disconnecting (and hiding) the

plastic tube that transferred the milk into the machine from the filled and chilled

milk container. Pretty lousy trick. :(

They did not connect it again until after 8 am. (I sat and watched her pull the tube

out of the locked section and reconnect one morning).

Edited by island lady

On the last day of a solo cruise recently I went to the solo lunch. The host really wanted to hear one thing we liked about the ship and one thing that could improve. I mentioned that the coffee machines were not open 24 hours as they had been (and btw, listed as a benefit) in the past. Host seemed surprised and said it would be looked into.