Drink Card Question

I have been reading quite a bit of late on the drink cards that have now become available on (it seems) selected sailings on RCL ships.

I am very interested in this because of the two most obvious reasons people usually are.:D (1) We don't drink enough to justify getting a drink package and (2) the cost of the drink packages are extremely prohibitive.

That said, my queries are as follows:

Is this going to be rolled out on all ships eventually?

Is the card available on a one time basis only i.e. on a particular day during the sailing or multiple days?

When you by the card is there a time frame that comes with it i.e. do you have to use all the drinks on the same day or can you use the card throughout the cruise?

Thanks in advance guys.

We were on the Oasis a month ago and had the drink card. It was offered starting the 4th day (after several days of them pushing the drink packages). You can buy as many as you like and can use them on multiple days. The bartenders recommend you use them for the expensive drinks such as frozen or martinis and don't waste them on beer or cheap wine.

We were on the Oasis a month ago and had the drink card. It was offered starting the 4th day (after several days of them pushing the drink packages). You can buy as many as you like and can use them on multiple days. The bartenders recommend you use them for the expensive drinks such as frozen or martinis and don't waste them on beer or cheap wine.

Thanks for the info.

The day they are offered and the price varies by ship and maybe even by itinerary. On Liberty in Dec. the 10 drink card was not offered until day 5 of a 7 night cruise and was only $67. On Serenade it was offered on day 4 of a 10 night cruise and was $79. In both cases the card was for 10 drinks.

Drink package offered last Christmas on Vision on Day 5 of 7 night cruise; 10 drinks $75. Since Thursday was New Years Eve it was worth it as anyone can use it in your party. Going on Allure in April and hoping they offer something similiar.

Is there a price ceiling on the drinks you can get with the card?

Thanks

Not sure but we had a couple of Caesar's and we didn't need to pay any extra. Don't remember seeing anything that specified the price ceiling but we were prepared to pay any extra charge per drink. Worked out great for us!

Offered yesterday on Grandeur which was day 4 of cruise. Price is $89 plus gratuity for 10 drinks.

Is it possible you meant $89 including gratuity? If you needed to add 15%, it would come to $102.35 which really wouldn't be a reduction for many drinks.

Is it possible you meant $89 including gratuity? If you needed to add 15%, it would come to $102.35 which really wouldn't be a reduction for many drinks.

Nope, its $89 PLUS gratuity. Not worth it on Grandeur in my opinion. Some of the other shipd with a lower price I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Nope, its $89 PLUS gratuity. Not worth it on Grandeur in my opinion. Some of the other shipd with a lower price I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Not worth it to us either. Had it been offered early in cruise, I would have considered purchasing it.

Thanks for the info guys.

What I am taking away from this is:

that there is no rhyme/reason to when /if it is offered.

Also the price may vary depending on the particular ship.

I hope things get firmed up a bit before we sail as it seems like potentially the perfect solution for us.

On Adventure right now. Just got the Compass for tomorrow, day 4. They will offer a 10 drink card for $85.00. But then you must also pay the additional 18% gratuity on top of that. "does not include Super Premium brands".

Most simple drinks, i.e., rum and coke is 8.26 including the gratuity. But most other drinks, pinea colada, tom Collins, Long Island ice tea, etc, etc, are a standard $10.00 then you must add the additional 18% on top of that. The drink of the day has been $10 each day this week, then add gratuity.

So if you drink $10 drinks the card drops it by 15% to $8.50.

I have always purchased the premium package. Most of the bars on board this week use measures to the drop of one ounce. So 1/3 less weak than standard land based bars at 1 1/2 ounce or more pours. So at these prices onboard you can drink 9 at $10 for $90.00 dollars worth and get the alcohol of 6 land based drinks. I have seen no one drunk yet this week.

They must be playing with the price to see how much people are willing to pay. Several posts from cruises last month said the cost was $80 including tip.

We sail a month from today so I guess we'll see if its offered and how much it costs on our cruise before we make a decision. There's lots of interest in this subject!

Well they have offered on this grandeur cruise the ability to buy just one day of any drink package. I am going to buy an ultimate tomorrow at 6pm so i can have cocktails for 2 dinners and the best part is that the next 3 days are sea days.