Snacks

Sorry if this a dumb question but my kids wanted to bring snacks on the ship before we leave such at Chips and things for late night eating is there any restriction's in doing so??

Thanks 😁

No restrictions for bringing factory sealed packaged snacks.

As mentioned, you can bring them, but they also have lots of snack type things (like Pringles, Cheetos, crackers, candy, etc.) in the store on board so if you're at see you could purchase those things there for not much more than you'd pay on land.

I only mention this because it may be less trouble than trying to pack stuff along.

There are also always snacks at the Promenade Cafe (or equivalent on other ships) where you can get small sandwiches, cheesecake pops, cookies, pizza, and sometimes small parfaits 24 hours a day.

We've brought our own snacks on a couple of trips and ended up not really ever using them since other things looked more appealing :)

Tom

As mentioned, you can bring them, but they also have lots of snack type things (like Pringles, Cheetos, crackers, candy, etc.) in the store on board so if you're at see you could purchase those things there for not much more than you'd pay on land.

I only mention this because it may be less trouble than trying to pack stuff along.

There are also always snacks at the Promenade Cafe (or equivalent on other ships) where you can get small sandwiches, cheesecake pops, cookies, pizza, and sometimes small parfaits 24 hours a day.

We've brought our own snacks on a couple of trips and ended up not really ever using them since other things looked more appealing :)

Tom

Agreed. They can also get chips at the Cafe Promenade and can always order room service.

I don't recall bags of chips at Café Promenade.

Park Café, yes. Not Café Promenade.

We were able to get chips at the Cafe Promenade on Adventure last summer. They didn't have them out on the counter, but they were offered to us once by someone behind the counter, and once we knew they had them we were able to ask for them anytime.

We were able to get chips at the Cafe Promenade on Adventure last summer. They didn't have them out on the counter, but they were offered to us once by someone behind the counter, and once we knew they had them we were able to ask for them anytime.

Thanks, first time I've heard of ships at Cafe Promenade too.

Seems like Room Service hamburgers came with chips. I always put them in a Ziplock bag for later. Or am I mixing RCI with Princess?

Anyway there were enough to satisfy the crunchy salt craving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Seems like Room Service hamburgers came with chips. I always put them in a Ziplock bag for later. Or am I mixing RCI with Princess?

Anyway there were enough to satisfy the crunchy salt craving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You are correct about bags of chips from Room Service.

:)

Snacks available in the shop:

IMG_0503_zpsolgrmil8.jpg

IMG_0502_zpsp7msmrko.jpg

IMG_0506_zpsthekw2nf.jpg

IMG_0505_zps3wmtpabz.jpg

IMG_0504_zpsku7zosqs.jpg

WOW Thank You!! I think my hungry teenagers will have plenty of stuff to choose from😉 I'm not going to worry about packing a bunch of stuff for them.

WOW Thank You!! I think my hungry teenagers will have plenty of stuff to choose from😉 I'm not going to worry about packing a bunch of stuff for them.

That stuff is really pricey on the ship, so still might be worth packing a little something if you have the space and weight available in your luggage.

We always pack a can of cashews and some kind of chocolate sweet for late night munching.:p

That stuff is really pricey on the ship, so still might be worth packing a little something if you have the space and weight available in your luggage.

We always pack a can of cashews and some kind of chocolate sweet for late night munching.:p

OK good to know!! 😀 You guys are great so helpful!!

Sorry if this a dumb question but my kids wanted to bring snacks on the ship before we leave such at Chips and things for late night eating is there any restriction's in doing so??

Thanks 😁

Bring as many as they want.

We love to eat, and at home snacks like this are great. I can't figure out on a cruise why on earth would you need these options with all the available food.

I personally don't need any of the chips and stuff I have been on a few cruises and have never bought anything In the way of snacks myself, but my Kids that are in their late teens like to have chips and things especially late at night if many of the areas to get food might be closed.

I personally don't need any of the chips and stuff I have been on a few cruises and have never bought anything In the way of snacks myself, but my Kids that are in their late teens like to have chips and things especially late at night if many of the areas to get food might be closed.

On the Freedom, the Café Promenade is open 23/7. (it closes for about an hour pre-dawn for cleaning. Don't ask me how I know. :))

If you do bring snack onboard place then in your carryon luggage not in your checked luggage other wise your may wind up in the naughty room.

I seriously doubt that would happen as they are not liquid but I can see chips getting badly crushed if packed in luggage.

I have only sailed on the Independence of the sea as far a Royal ships go, I don't remember the Café Promenade on that ship. Is that something different on the Freedom?? Or did I just miss it on the Independence ?😬