Snacks

We usually pack a can or two of Pringles to snack on with some late night margaritas. It's vacation, we can splurge :D

Also, packing a couple of small prepackaged snacks to take on excursions can be pretty nice. I don't back the full kitchen, but a granola bar or two per person can come in handy.

I don't recall bags of chips at Café Promenade.

Park Café, yes. Not Café Promenade.

Unfortunately, there are many who take ( or ask for) armfuls of bags of chips , cleaning out the supply. We've seen this many times at the Enchantment Park Café. Not kids - but adults.

M

Unfortunately, there are many who take ( or ask for) armfuls of bags of chips , cleaning out the supply. We've seen this many times at the Enchantment Park Café. Not kids - but adults.

I've seen this on all ships with the chips. On Vision, they just gave up and had no chips on our last cruise.

There is a Cafe Promenade right at the entrance. It's by the coffee shop.

Tom

I have only sailed on the Independence of the sea as far a Royal ships go, I don't remember the Café Promenade on that ship. Is that something different on the Freedom?? Or did I just miss it on the Independence ?😬

WOW Thank You!! I think my hungry teenagers will have plenty of stuff to choose from😉 I'm not going to worry about packing a bunch of stuff for them.

Ooof. They will clean out your onboard account if you let them buy the snacks in the store. I hope you will re-think this. ;)

Right? Exactly. Probably not a popular opinion, and no, I'm not trying to be a drag about it, but imagine if a majority of the passengers did this - grabbing boxes of cereal and bags of chips to take into port... I mean, yeah the supply would be cut short in no time!

OP, I strongly suggest you bring some pre-packaged snacks in your luggage. We do all the time and it has saved us many times over. :)

Ooof. They will clean out your onboard account if you let them buy the snacks in the store. I hope you will re-think this. ;)

Right? Exactly. Probably not a popular opinion, and no, I'm not trying to be a drag about it, but imagine if a majority of the passengers did this - grabbing boxes of cereal and bags of chips to take into port... I mean, yeah the supply would be cut short in no time!

OP, I strongly suggest you bring some pre-packaged snacks in your luggage. We do all the time and it has saved us many times over. :)

Both of my kids are are old enough to know better 19 & almost 21. They both have saved money for their own spending and have given it to me they can budget fairly well, and probably won't go crazy eating junk like younger kids given a free for all with a sail and sign card.😀 I was just more concend if they wanted a occasional late night snack.

I have only sailed on the Independence of the sea as far a Royal ships go, I don't remember the Café Promenade on that ship. Is that something different on the Freedom?? Or did I just miss it on the Independence ?😬

Yep, you missed it. :D

id_deck05_v2015_apr.gif

Bob, thanks for answering my question about FREE food at Park Café too. So is Park Café on the same deck as Café Promenade? As you can probably guess, I am making "notes," as we will leave a week from tomorrow for our cruise.