Too Many D, D+ and P

I have been told by one of the guys on the pool towel station, who heard it from the security staff, who heard it mentioned by the lighting guy, who overheard the CD backstage talking to the captain that RCL have already found a simple solution to the growing numbers of high level C&A.

The plan is to give all the non diamond folk the diamond lounge and then all of us D, D+& P the rest of the ship.

Gotta agree. These type of opinionated posts are usually only self-serving.

Either that or they're just posted to stir up the masses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would move back a level. This is what I think there are to many D, D+ and P members and its only going to get worse

I would move back a level. This is what I think there are to many D, D+ and P members and its only going to get worse

You can gladly move down if you wish. I and the rest of us on this thread will gladly remain at our current level.

I think RCCL have to many D, D+ and P's, It time this should be revised maybe to the following

180 = D

360 = D+

999 = P

And I think should apply to all members (so if your D+ with 359 points you should be kicked back to D)

There is a "secret" level above P. After 2,000 pts, Pinnacles are invited to keep climbing toward Royalty Status, which is obtained after reaching 2,500 pts. It has the same benefits as Pinnacle, but they join a very select list of guests (currently a mere 17 people) that are invited to corporate events, like naming ceremonies, visits to shipyards, captains gatherings, parties, and even play on the cruise simulator where officers are trained.

It is also known as the "dead status", because most of their members have joined near their last days.

Disclaimer: all above statements are production of my imagination.

There's nothing quite like being on a unique cruise watching the diamonds try to 'out-diamond' each other. Until the Pinnacle rides in with his nametag ... he doesn't need to nudge anyone aside. Most of the diamonds were very nice people .. but of course we were eventually told their status. That's part of the pleasure, too!

You realise that the only people. Who care about too many D members are the sad gits who only sit in the diamond lounge and want to be part of that exclusive club which every cruise that goes by gets even less exclusive. Crooning over their 3 free drink vouchers like it's the last 3 free drinks on earth wishing it was only them that had them and they could get their perfect seat each night in the D lounge without spending any money!

What a sad bunch.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard!

Hmmm, I think I'll refrain from commenting but very, very tempting having just reached Diamond level! :) :D Oh, what the heck!

I had someone comment to me about my double credit because I sail solo, first, I didn't make the rules, 2nd what business is it of theirs, 3rd do they think I like paying double???

I tried to resist, but couldn't, sorry! :D

Hmmm, I think I'll refrain from commenting but very, very tempting having just reached Diamond level! :) :D Oh, what the heck!

I had someone comment to me about my double credit because I sail solo, first, I didn't make the rules, 2nd what business is it of theirs, 3rd do they think I like paying double???

I tried to resist, but couldn't, sorry! :D

Congrats on reaching D level:D:D

I agree you do deserve double credits for sailing solo because of paying double the price. Now the solos that are over 340 C&A credits do not pay double. Why should they get double?:confused:

I agree you do deserve double credits for sailing solo because of paying double the price. Now the solos that are over 340 C&A credits do not pay double. Why should they get double?:confused:

Because their IT department couldn't handle 1.5. :D

Probably almost all C&A members feel the same way. Still, airline elite frequent flyers get kicked back all the time if they stop flying for a while and there does not seem to be any outcry about it.

Not exactly correct, I am a member of the 2 million mile club on American, thus I am Platinum for life (or until the program ends). One million miles gets you Gold for life. If I never fly American again, I am still Platinum. How is this any different than acheving the top levels in Rccl.

Not exactly correct, I am a member of the 2 million mile club on American, thus I am Platinum for life (or until the program ends). One million miles gets you Gold for life. If I never fly American again, I am still Platinum. How is this any different than acheving the top levels in Rccl.

2 million miles in airplane... even in business class you deserve it. If it was coach you deserve the first teleportation machine, if one is ever made. :)

Because that's how RCL runs the program, that's why!....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Edited by Thetrail

:eek: :eek: Flawed statement regarding D+. There are quite a few D+ in their 40s and 50s - many cruising years ahead of us/them.

As for the OP, you know what they say about opinions.....Thanks for sharing yours. :rolleyes:

Yep, Agreed! *waving hand* I'm one of them, along with my wife, and my 12yo DD (who is Diamond on her own, and D+ through us, but will get there soon enough on her own anyway). We're definitely not the only ones out there.

Probably almost all C&A members feel the same way. Still, airline elite frequent flyers get kicked back all the time if they stop flying for a while and there does not seem to be any outcry about it.

That's partly because the majority of people don't earn elite airline miles with their own money, it's business travel paid for by a company (or at the least a business expense). Hard to complain then.

That is one way to think of it but if a couple is in a junior suite each receives two points. That means the total points for the cabin is four. If a solo stays in the JR he/she only gets three points even though the dollars expended are the same.

Hey that is a low blow, I am Elite Plus on X and on my last RC cruise we turned Diamond for real!

I think we should be awarded "Double Diamond status" and should not have to mix with regular Diamond members who have only sailed on Royal.

They should also have originally recognized X Elites on Royal cruises by designating them as Elite Diamonds.

Then they could create Double Diamond plus for those that are Elite plus as well as real Diamond plus.

The following designations would achieve the OP's goal of reducing the number of Diamond and Diamond+ on a cruise but would give more status to Celebrity cruisers who cruise on Royal which I think is only fair.

X Elite = Elite Diamond

180 = Diamond

180+X Elite =Double Diamond

360 = Diamond Plus

360+X Elite Plus = Elite Diamond Plus

999 =p

Now back to my cheddar popcorn and the movie.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I have been told by one of the guys on the pool towel station, who heard it from the security staff, who heard it mentioned by the lighting guy, who overheard the CD backstage talking to the captain that RCL have already found a simple solution to the growing numbers of high level C&A.

The plan is to give all the non diamond folk the diamond lounge and then all of us D, D+& P the rest of the ship.

Best idea yet!![emoji3]

That is one way to think of it but if a couple is in a junior suite each receives two points. That means the total points for the cabin is four. If a solo stays in the JR he/she only gets three points even though the dollars expended are the same.

Not always. For our cancelled Rhapsody TA, we had a JS earning 32 points for 16 nights, but we repriced it with the 340 point rules and ended up with a JS and an Inside for slightly less dollars when you calculate the additional OBC for the inside cabin. That combo would have earned 48 Points (each)

Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Hello Oasis.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter how many points I have, because Laura had at least 100 more than I do. And I get to come along for the ride , so to speak

Edited by John&LaLa