Princess loyalty programme

korkee

We are going on a 48 day cruise from Southampton to Sydney and this will be first time cruising with princess. WOuld this make our princess status blue as first cruise or Ruby as would have done 48 cruise days ?

We are going on a 48 day cruise from Southampton to Sydney and this will be first time cruising with princess. WOuld this make our princess status blue as first cruise or Ruby as would have done 48 cruise days ?

You would be blue for your first cruise. Any change of status comes at the end of the cruise that entitles you to the next level. :)

Book it back to back and you will be gold after the first segment.

Long cruiser

The benefits of being gold are minimal. IF the cruise can be booked in segments, I would look at the price each way to see which is the better way to book.

Thanks already booked guess we ll be blue oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If the cruise is also sold in segments (even if you paid for it as a single cruise) you should get moved to gold (new cruise card) at the beginning of the second segment on the basis of number of cruises completed. And if the cruise is more than 2 segments long you should get credit for each segment even when booked as a single cruise (at least that has been our experience). Talk to the Captain's Circle host/hostess if you don't. Off the top of my head, I think the only thing that will entitle you to is an invitation to the Captain's Circle cocktail party.

Edited by capriccio

This looks like the complete sailing is three or four voyages linked together. So your Captain's Circle status will change at the end of every segment providing you meet the requirement for the next level after a segment. You really need to speak with the Captain's Circle Rep. once on board. How you booked the cruise has no bearing on when status changes. The criteria is how Princess has separated the sailing into separate voyages. If you are in a full suite you will receive 2 cruise credits for each day instead of one.

If the cruise is also sold in segments (even if you paid for it as a single cruise) you should get moved to gold (new cruise card) at the beginning of the second segment on the basis of number of cruises completed. And if the cruise is more than 2 segments long you should get credit for each segment even when booked as a single cruise (at least that has been our experience). Talk to the Captain's Circle host/hostess if you don't. Off the top of my head, I think the only thing that will entitle you to is an invitation to the Captain's Circle cocktail party.

From Princess: "Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days."

So I guess Princess doesn't apply its own rule. :confused:

From Princess: "Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days."

So I guess Princess doesn't apply its own rule. :confused:

It applies per cruise and a segment is considered a completed cruise. A segment is really just doing a B2B2B etc. It doesn't matter whether you booked the cruise as one long cruise or as separate cruises (segments) together. You get credit for a completed cruise after each cruise segment. Just talk to the Captain's Circle host. They are the onboard Princess representative and will adjust your Captain's Circle loyalty if it's not done automatically.

FYI, you can adjust your Captain's Circle loyalty retroactively long after the cruise. I had booked a 17-day cruise that was a 2-day and 15-day cruise combined. Two years later, I called Princess and got credit for two cruises instead of one.

It is ver y confusing as ruby status is upon completion of 4th to 5th cruise or 31 to 50 days at sea which is what we would have completed by the end

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is ver y confusing as ruby status is upon completion of 4th to 5th cruise or 31 to 50 days at sea which is what we would have completed by the end

During your first cruise your cruise card will be blue.

During your 2nd and 3rd cruise your loyalty club level and cruise card will be gold.

During your 4th and 5th cruise or after 30 days aboard ship your loyalty club level and cruise card will be ruby.

During your 6th through 15th cruise or after 50 days aboard ship your loyalty club level and cruise card will be platinum.

After your 15th cruise or 150 days aboard ship your loyalty club level will be elite and your cruise card will be black.

Note that if you are given a new card at the start of each new segment you might find you are still given a blue card. This because the new cards are prepared in advance and the system will not be updated at that time to reflect the completion of the first segment. You might need to wait a day or so until everything is in line before being able to change your card for the correct colour.

There's nothing wrong with "being blue". People who get hung up on the color of the card puzzle me. One can be a very experienced cruiser with 80 cruises on other lines and still have a blue card on their first Princess cruise.

I don't view someone with a Black card to be superior to someone with a Blue card. I'm normally a bit jealous of the "true" blue card person. A person only gets one first cruise. Mine was wonderful. :)

Cruise credits are another way to progress in the Captain's Circle program.

I will be sailing solo in a Suite and paying for Sole Occupancy. I will earn-

1st Cruise-0 cruise credits-Blue Card

2nd Cruise-3 cruise credits-Gold Card

3rd Cruise-6 cruise credits-Ruby Card

4th Cruise-9 Cruise credits-Platinum Card

5th Cruise-12 Cruise credits-no change in Status

5th Cruise-15 Cruise credits-Black Card signalling I have achieved Elite status in the Captain's Circle Loyalty program.

If I've got the information wrong, someone more experienced will kindly clarify my confusion, and I gladly learn from the more experienced cruisers. And I am still learning!

My 1st cruise is a 3 night Sydney-Melbourne cruise. The current favourite for my 2nd cruise is a 6 night Round Trip Melbourne-Adelaide-Port Lincoln-Kangaroo Island-Melbourne, then probably 3 separate 2 night cruises between Melbourne-Sydney or vice versa. Cruise credits are not counted on days sailed, so I can do the shorter cruises, and earn the credits to sail for my BIG birthday as an Elite card holder.

Hope I've been helpful. It can be very confusing, understanding the difference between days sailed, and cruise credits. I'm sailing on the Golden Princess, and need the Handicapped Accessible facilities. A friend told me of the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite, which has some extra Special Perks-I'm sailing as a Belated 50th Birthday Present to myself, so upgraded from a Premium Balcony Stateroom.

As previously stated, the "real" benefits begin when you're platinum, which wouldn't happen for you in any case. After the first segment, you'll likely get invited to the Captain Circle party where you'll likely get a free drink voucher... that's the only perk you can get at that point. The Ruby benefits wouldn't really apply to you as it's just involves insurance...

Enjoy your fabulous cruise! That's the best perk of all, being on a ship for 48 days, I'm so envious!

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

I always believed it was after your first cruise , however was rudely shouted down on the P&O site. Apparently if you register for the captains circle before your Princess Cruise, you P&O points automatically carry over and put you into the appropriate tier immediately .

As previously stated, the "real" benefits begin when you're platinum, which wouldn't happen for you in any case. After the first segment, you'll likely get invited to the Captain Circle party where you'll likely get a free drink voucher... that's the only perk you can get at that point. The Ruby benefits wouldn't really apply to you as it's just involves insurance...

Enjoy your fabulous cruise! That's the best perk of all, being on a ship for 48 days, I'm so envious!

We will get some worthwhile loyalty perks on our fifth cruise. until than we will just enjoy each one as it comes

We will get some worthwhile loyalty perks on our fifth cruise. until than we will just enjoy each one as it comes

As long as before that 5th cruise starts you already would have at least 5 cruise credits or at least 50 completed cruise days.

Otherwise, you will not be platinum until the end of that 5th cruise.

Cruise credits are another way to progress in the Captain's Circle program.

I will be sailing solo in a Suite and paying for Sole Occupancy. I will earn-

1st Cruise-0 cruise credits-Blue Card AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THIS CRUISE YOU WILL HAVE 3 CRUISE CREDITS

2nd Cruise-3 cruise credits-Gold Card AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THIS CRUISE YOU WILL HAVE 6 CRUISE CREDITS

3rd Cruise-6 cruise credits-Ruby Card SINCE YOU HAD 6 CREDITS AT THE END OF YOUR LAST CRUISE, YOU WILL HAVE A PLATINUM CARD, NOT A RUBY CARD!!! :D AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THIS CRUISE YOU WILL HAVE 9 CRUISE CREDITS

4th Cruise-9 Cruise credits-Platinum Card AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THIS CRUISE YOU WILL HAVE 12 CRUISE CREDITS

5th Cruise-12 Cruise credits-no change in Status AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THIS CRUISE YOU WILL HAVE 15 CRUISE CREDITS!!! ELITE ON YOUR NEXT CRUISE!!! :D:D

5th Cruise-15 Cruise credits-Black Card signalling I have achieved Elite status in the Captain's Circle Loyalty program.

If I've got the information wrong, someone more experienced will kindly clarify my confusion, and I gladly learn from the more experienced cruisers. And I am still learning!

My 1st cruise is a 3 night Sydney-Melbourne cruise. The current favourite for my 2nd cruise is a 6 night Round Trip Melbourne-Adelaide-Port Lincoln-Kangaroo Island-Melbourne, then probably 3 separate 2 night cruises between Melbourne-Sydney or vice versa. Cruise credits are not counted on days sailed, so I can do the shorter cruises, and earn the credits to sail for my BIG birthday as an Elite card holder.

Hope I've been helpful. It can be very confusing, understanding the difference between days sailed, and cruise credits. I'm sailing on the Golden Princess, and need the Handicapped Accessible facilities. A friend told me of the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite, which has some extra Special Perks-I'm sailing as a Belated 50th Birthday Present to myself, so upgraded from a Premium Balcony Stateroom.

See information above in Red, only thing (noted above) is that under your planned cruising you will never get a Ruby card. Also my comments are base on single segment cruises, if any are back to back with multiple segments you will get the points on each segment and skyrocket to elite!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

It applies per cruise and a segment is considered a completed cruise. A segment is really just doing a B2B2B etc. It doesn't matter whether you booked the cruise as one long cruise or as separate cruises (segments) together. You get credit for a completed cruise after each cruise segment. Just talk to the Captain's Circle host. They are the onboard Princess representative and will adjust your Captain's Circle loyalty if it's not done automatically.

FYI, you can adjust your Captain's Circle loyalty retroactively long after the cruise. I had booked a 17-day cruise that was a 2-day and 15-day cruise combined. Two years later, I called Princess and got credit for two cruises instead of one.

Pam is right. That happened to me just the way she explained it.

Tony