If you miss the way RCI used to be, MSC may be for you

I just submitted my request for matching membership.... What I did was print out the page on Royal web site that shows my status (diamond)and cruise credits..then took a picture of it, and submitted that.... I do not know if it will work or not.. The message was they will review and notify me shortly.. I just did it about an hour ago, I really do not expect to hear back over the weekend, so I am thinking I will hear back in the beginning of the week. But really have no idea... I'll let you know what happens.

Do you have to have a cruise booked in order to sign up?

Do you have to have a cruise booked in order to sign up?

I do not have a cruise booked with MSC, I do have one in 3 weeks on the Osasis... I just signed up with the match program, to see if it works, and if I can get black card status right off the bat. That would be a big bonus, and would certainly have me checking out their web site for my next cruise.

Yes i did the loyalty match. Diamond got me their black card. The perks were very nice.

I did not see it on MSC's web site either.... I read it on this thread... See Maxwell's post on the first page.....

So like I mentioned, if I can get black card status , well why won't I give it a shot.

Edited by Signet

I have tried 2 times, I did not get a reply or anything from them..

I called MSC and they told me the only way is via online.

They also told me they have a new company/system for loyalty match requests.

They said that could be why I did not get an e-mail from them about my request. They told me to try again..

Edited by mariner6

We did MSC a few years back and had a good time.

It is a little different than the standard "main stream" cruise lines.

The ships are very nice but don't have all the gimmicks.

The staff was much more laid back to the point they don't care so much.

No honey stung chicken.

I would do it again if the itinerary on my weeks was decent.

Edited by matj2000

I did a screen shot of my Royal crown and anchor page and send it in. Had the match in a few days. I did not ever find anything to indicate ahead of time what I would get. Their phone support on weekends is not good. But during the week you should reach someone helpful easily.

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

We did MSC a few years back and had a good time.

It is a little different than the standard "main stream" cruise lines.

The ships are very nice but don't have all the gimmicks.

The staff was much more laid back to the point they don't care so much.

No honey stung chicken.

I would do it again if the itinerary on my weeks was decent.

Yes less gimmicks. More of a classic type experience.

I thought the staff were helpful and friendly enough. Efficient without being fake nice. No over the top butt kissing. Fine eith me. For example Had great bar service everywhere. The midsized lounge had 6 bartenders and 6 or 7 servers working a night time game show. You would order a drink and they would be back with it in 2 minutes and some extra snacks too. Roaming waiters by all pools. Never a line for a drink anywhere. Even the dining room drink service was excellent.

I did a screen shot of my Royal crown and anchor page and send it in. Had the match in a few days. I did not ever find anything to indicate ahead of time what I would get. Their phone support on weekends is not good. But during the week you should reach someone helpful easily.

If I recall correctly the MSC website/phone/customer service is very poor.

And it was only a few years ago they actually referred you to a TA to book.

Try calling a online cruise booking site instead of going direct.

I am sure they will be much more helpful..

Does MSC allow balcony smoking?

No.

Pretty cheap. Bought a voucher pack of 18 drinks for $84. That's under $5 per cocktail.

And, I'm about to go on my third Divina cruise in a few weeks. I buy the mealtime drink package. It's unlimited beer,wine, fruit juice, soda and bottled water during lunch and dinner only at the MDR and the buffet for $20 a day. Lunch is served in the buffet from 11 to 4 and dinner is served 6 to 9. On my last cruise, I had 52 glasses of wine. :eek::eek:

There web site talks about the exclusive Yacht Club but doesn't mention the requirements. Anyone know anything about that? Is it just for Suites.? Notice none of there suites had a seperate showers. Was looking at Davina. Will a black card get you in the Yacht club?

Was looking at Davina

There web site talks about the exclusive Yacht Club but doesn't mention the requirements. Anyone know anything about that? Is it just for Suites.? Notice none of there suites had a seperate showers. Was looking at Davina. Will a black card get you in the Yacht club?

Was looking at Davina

I was the under the impression that the Yacht Club is just for those staying in suites.