Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

As have I, although I don't understand why, really. The CL/SL also serve alcohol and under 18 are allowed.

Squeeky wheels got the grease there. ;)

When the Diamond Lounges first came out, they allowed under 18 along with adult

supervision in the CL only due to complaints from suite guests. Adam made the announcement "no plans to let under 18 in the DL". Seems some are enforcing it,

some are not. Not sure if there was an official change to allow minors in the DL now also.

Inconsistency.

As have I, although I don't understand why, really. The CL/SL also serve alcohol and under 18 are allowed.

We've been on 3 cruises as D. On two of those our kids were allowed in the D lounge and one they were not. On the two that they were allowed in there were under 100 D and above sailing and the lounge was pretty empty. On the one that they were not allowed access there were over 400 D and above so the lounge was full.

Anyone that is going to directly comment or question if I am allowed to be somewhere I'd engage and have some fun with them; maybe something along the lines of "Oh, good, you work here, we need some vodka tonics here; doubles." ;) It's not really stooping to their level of pettiness or mean spiritedness, but it should quiet them down from then on.

Perfect!!! Love this.

Ha ha ha.. Right on. Perfect

I have been snubbed by hot shot nobodies in the Cl lounge many times. Its just part of the deal. I have been sitting in first class on an international flight wearing my short pants and enjoying my pre flight cocktail and was asked by another passenger if I was "upgraded to first class?" I just smiled and pretended that I did not understand the question. She repeated the question and she looked even more like a bully the second time. I again pretended that I did not understand what she was asking....:)

So this stuff is every where.

Hot shot nobodies...love it. So many people judge others and they are so often so wrong. The "judgers"...or "hot shot nobodies" are gonna feel the heat of Karma one day.

I need to win the lottery. We'll have 35 days or cruise points or whatever at the end of this year. We're in our early 30's. To get to 175 that's 140 more days. If we take 2 7-day cruises a year, that's 14 days a year, so 10 more years before D+.

Even if we booked 2 suites a year that's 5 years before D+.

I find it amazing people are that level at my age!

The folks at our MDR table last time were D+ but they also were probably cruising when the ships had oars.

I need to win the lottery. We'll have 35 days or cruise points or whatever at the end of this year. We're in our early 30's. To get to 175 that's 140 more days. If we take 2 7-day cruises a year, that's 14 days a year, so 10 more years before D+.

The folks at our MDR table last time were D+ but they also were probably cruising when the ships had oars.

I wish I was in my early 30's (or even early 40's) when I started cruising and knew I enjoyed cruising so much....don't worry, 10 yrs goes quickly. We started cruising in our early 50's and are working our way up to D+.....it isn't how soon you get there, but enjoying the cruises along the way.

When you get to Diamond at 80 points, you will enjoy a few more perks and nicer discounts on balconies (if you choose them)....but enjoy the way there.

You people who were able to cruise with their parents, earned their own points along the way....it was very good for them.

one particular couple (possible husband and wife ) stood right next to me at the bar in the diamond / Viking lounge and quite blatantly said out loud

" why are they in here they shouldn't be allowed " and in response I took out my gold card and twiddled it in my fingers so they could see I was entitled to drink in that venue in return I got

" ooh he's got a gold card tut tut tut probably hasn't cruised as much as we have "

Ha - perhaps they were jealous of you. You should feel sorry for them - people who think that status on any cruise line or airline is the most important achievement in their life.

We have never had (or at least never noticed) that sort of response and have met many interesting and friendly people. Hope to see you on board some time :)

Edited by lucymorgan

Well, living in South Florida, where you can do many cruises on different ships/lines without flying, really helps *grin*

We're also getting to where more people have started cruising younger, as kids (like my daughter) so will have a lot of cruises by the time they're in their 30s.

And, of course, you would be right! BUT that's not what people have actually been saying..:rolleyes:..the emphasis here has been on the lounge as a gathering/socializing place of 'like-minded' people.

What's ironic is that if this rumor is correct (no more bar set-up in the DL, use of vouchers only) people will still have what they say they think is most important - the gathering place for socializing with the 'like-minded." They'll just have to go get a drink and bring it to the lounge.

As for me...I'm in it for a free drink or two and a munchie before dinner. I want the drinks and hors d'oeuvres in the DL. I enjoy the drinks, the food, and the dedicated space every evening for 45 min or so before dinner. I do enjoy socializing too but I can meet people most anywhere on the ship.

(Some people in the lounge probably don't like my mind anyway.:p)

Judy

What is the mind of a person who would be in the DL vs someone not in the DL?

But I am beginning to think that some people like to cruise so that they will have something to complain about.:rolleyes::D

That's where the DH is lucky....he just turns off his hearing aids to those people. ;) :p

Though in the DL....we DO have one common interest. We love to cruise! ;)

I would guess most people on the ship love to cruise. They may not have the points needed to get in, or they would just rather not go there. :eek:

But I am beginning to think that some people like to cruise so that they will have something to complain about.:rolleyes::D

Misery loves company. ;)

So I stopped reading this thread around post 1.2K, can someone give me the annotated version of what actually happened with D and D+?

I am currently on Empress so no wait to confirm anything since there is no DL

So I stopped reading this thread around post 1.2K, can someone give me the annotated version of what actually happened with D and D+?

Nothing has happened.

Any brie? Isn't there a cordoned off area for the suites in the VCL

Any brie? Isn't there a cordoned off area for the suites in the VCL

Brie in the windjammer with other cured meats on night 3 and during Day 2 brunch. I near <expletive deleted> my pants. Was so surpised. Haven't seen it since though.

Don't know about area for suites, I am in a JS this trip. I saw Super Mario and some other pinnies leaving Bolarios at 8:30 pm with drinks in hand, so maybe there?

Haven't walked into Boleros since embarkation day because it was so hot in there it was unbearable.

This just in... the Treaty of Versailles has been signed! The war is OVER!

Other than that, nothing to report.

This just in....News Flash....hold the evening addition!

Royal Caribbean confirms that C&A costs them money! The National Inquirer hints that C&A will either be disbanded or taken over by aliens from space.