New to Azamara, anything I should know?

Wendy The Wanderer

What, pray tell, is an Xpress pass?

It's like a boarding card. You can go online, complete your information

Then print it off. You present it when boarding. They tell you it speeds boarding up - I don't know whether that's true as I've never boarded without it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are new to Azamara as well and have a question. Use a C-Pap that the humidifier uses distilled water. On other lines, they have provided distilled water either included or at a minor cost.

What is the policy for providing enough distilled water for our trip. Realize water beyond the bottles of generic water are charged for but, with the ship distilling water for public use, would expect AZ to provide distilled water for a medical device gratis.

Thanks

Really don't know the answer to this. Hopefully Bonnie (Azamara's blogging officer) will read your question and be able to find out for you.

What, pray tell, is an Xpress pass?

It's like a boarding card. You can go online, complete your information

Then print it off. You present it when boarding. They tell you it speeds boarding up - I don't know whether that's true as I've never boarded without it.

The "X" is from Celebrity [formerly Chandris, Greek so CH is really Chi, or X]

We are new to Azamara as well and have a question. Use a C-Pap that the humidifier uses distilled water. On other lines, they have provided distilled water either included or at a minor cost.

What is the policy for providing enough distilled water for our trip. Realize water beyond the bottles of generic water are charged for but, with the ship distilling water for public use, would expect AZ to provide distilled water for a medical device gratis.

Thanks

Hi Rallydave, this is a new one for me. Let me ask the Hotel Department and will get back to you when I hear. Since it's Friday after work the answer may take a few days, so please be a bit patient.

Thanks

My husband uses a CPAP and had no problem getting enough distilled water (at no cost). The problem was where to plug it in!

In our CC suite on the Riviera, the AC plug was hidden on the side of the desk, next to the slider, covered by the drapes. This was on the other side of the room from the beds. So they had to use an extension cord that they draped across the floor next to the slider - and taped it down so we wouldn't trip over it. Not an elegant solution to be sure, but it worked.

Submit this special needs form and checked the CPAP box. Looks like distilled water and an extension cord will be provided/

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/acc_special_needs_form_oct_2015.pdf

My husband uses a CPAP and had no problem getting enough distilled water (at no cost). The problem was where to plug it in!

In our CC suite on the Riviera, the AC plug was hidden on the side of the desk, next to the slider, covered by the drapes. This was on the other side of the room from the beds. So they had to use an extension cord that they draped across the floor next to the slider - and taped it down so we wouldn't trip over it. Not an elegant solution to be sure, but it worked.

Thanks to both of you and glad I asked now as need the time as we depart in early August. This is truly great service. I always carry an 18 foot extension cord with me. Last cruise they tried to charge an absurd amount of money for the water and used my own extension cord that was draped across the floor and had to pick up and move every morning. Nice to hear they will install an extension cord and tape it to stay in place. Will get the form to the proper office this weekend.

Thanks again and now Bonnie has the information for future requests,

Riviera? That's an Oceania ship, Toni.

I think it's just a typo as the description is exactly where the plugs are in cc suites on the Reimagined Azamara. I gave feedback onboard, it's a nightmare, not because of the distance to the bed, which did not affect me, though I can see how it would affect others but becaus if you are using a convertor, say with a uk plug it's very very difficult to get in convertor and plug head in the daytime because of the thickness of the pulled back drapes.

I think it's just a typo as the description is exactly where the plugs are in cc suites on the Reimagined Azamara.

I'm sure it's a typo but it might be confusing to newcomers to Azamara. And, yes, the plugs in Journey's CC suites are poorly located.

Riviera? That's an Oceania ship, Toni.

Hi Al,

Yes, of course it was the Journey TA last month with a whole bunch of Azamara regulars. I posted this the night before we left for the 3-day drive up north for the summer. I guess I wasn't thinking clearly.:confused:

We loved the Riviera last December and have booked it again for this year. Never thought we'd go back to Oceania but I guess I should never say never.

T.

I'm sure it's a typo but it might be confusing to newcomers to Azamara. And, yes, the plugs in Journey's CC suites are poorly located.

In what way are they poorly located? Not a biggy, no medical requirements here.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

In what way are they poorly located? Not a biggy, no medical requirements here.

As tgg wrote above, the outlets are on the edge of the desk where the desk is close to the drapes, so they're not easy to see. Not a big deal, but not a good decision: appearance over ease of use.

But aren't there USB's in the lights next to the beds?

If you need AC power, you need an AC outlet. The USB's in the lights next to the bed won't work.

We were not worried about being first on after the refit - Azamara learns quickly, an extra 3 days, and the Singapore work ethic!

So it was, a renewed ship, all finished on time. Have sailed Princess, Celebrity and Crystal, and we were prepared for the ship to show its comparative age once under way. However, this was the smoothest ship we have been on, and aided by 16 days of flat calm it was sometimes difficult at night to tell if we were travelling or not.

We had heard many kind comments about the great crews on Azamara - we agree with them. As a cruise "product" this one is out on its own due largely to the efforts and attitude of all the crew. The food was a good standard, the wine was good enough and your glass was never empty, the stateroom was kept immaculate, and everyone had a smile.

Could it get better? My wife's shoe came apart - no problem, leave it to me. Returned better than new.

Our flowers in the stateroom were definitely tired after 10 days - 4 yellow roses then appeared. In the middle of the Indian Ocean.

The Azamazing evening was very well organised, and we had a great evening.

Nearly the best part was the return to the boat at 10.30 - 11pm. Cold champagne, cold towels, a band playing, and the Captain there to welcome us back on board. That overworked word, amazing....

This is Cruise Critic - anything to be improved?

A couple of our Indian tours were poor and not as advertised, no doubt due to the tour provider's inadequacy, but you can't push Destination Immersion without getting this up to standard.

We had the CC suite for size as the standard staterooms are a bit squeezy. We were disappointed then that the suite seemed to have less hanging space than the balcony cabins. Do not overpack when in the CC suite.

We are not into design look, but know comfort. The new design we think is not so comfortable - drawers, shower door handles, towel rail and chair all have extremely sharp corners which can inflict damage. In a potentially moving environment this does not seem sensible design. The two chairs we found just miserable to sit in. The bed however was great.

We make it overall around 99.5% - that's not too bad!:D

We used to bring a power strip, but now take a 4 USB plug ( plus adapter) as we used the strip to charge cameras, IPads, Kindles. We also take two multi pocket hangers which we hang on the two hooks inside the bathroom door. I use them for sun cream, moisturiser etc - stops the bottles being left on the dressing room table, keeps things tidy.

Hi, My partner has just been issued with a CPAP machine. We're booked into a standard balcony cabin on Journey. Can anyone tell me if there are power outlets sockets next to the bed? Thanks.