elite benefits question

esper10

Hi all, next week we will be in the Infinity. This is my first time as elite so I have few questions. Does the infinity has a special lounge for elite cruisers? Do they have happy hours daily and if yes can we get bottled water? Also the person with me is not elite do I need to go the guest relations so they can come with me as my guest or I just take them along? Thanks so much for all the information

Celebrity ships don't have dedicated Elite lounges. If there are many elites, you will get drink vouchers, if not, there will be a 5-7 cocktail time in e sky lounge. The roommate do an elite level guest can accompany to the cocktail party, see the Captains Club host or hostess for instructions

Celebrity ships don't have dedicated Elite lounges. If there are many elites, you will get drink vouchers, if not, there will be a 5-7 cocktail time in e sky lounge. The roommate do an elite level guest can accompany to the cocktail party, see the Captains Club host or hostess for instructions

You will receive a letter in your stateroom when you arrive which will explain where the morning and evening events will be held. Your coupons will also be there when you arrive.

Hi all, next week we will be in the Infinity. This is my first time as elite so I have few questions. Does the infinity has a special lounge for elite cruisers? Do they have happy hours daily and if yes can we get bottled water? Also the person with me is not elite do I need to go the guest relations so they can come with me as my guest or I just take them along? Thanks so much for all the information

Doubt that you will be issued drink coupons on a Infinity cruise next week as these cruises normally don't have enough Elites or higher to justify them. Only a non Elite sharing your cabin may attend Elite events with you. Any non Elites will be politely refused entry. This is strictly enforced! You cannot removed drinks from the Elite events. You can request water, but remember you cannot take it with you.

Edited by Orator

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

We are booked on the Reflection out of Roma on 6th JUne.

we are now Elite members! Looking forward to the complimentary drinks! What type of drinks is on offer?

thanks for your reply,

Jacques

Hello everyone,

We are booked on the Reflection out of Roma on 6th JUne.

we are now Elite members! Looking forward to the complimentary drinks! What type of drinks is on offer?

thanks for your reply,

Jacques

Basic bottled beer, probably 6 wine choices, mini martinis and sort of the standard drinks. You can also get soft drinks and water.

Drinks are not supposed to be taken out of the venue. Of course if there are coupons this does not apply and you are limited to 3 beverages per day. Have never seen a problem in leaving with a can of soda.

Edited by az_tchr

You will receive a letter in your stateroom when you arrive which will explain where the morning and evening events will be held. Your coupons will also be there when you arrive.

Put that letter somewhere safe, it will list the activities for the week including the afternoon tea, other events...You don't receive reminders!

Basic bottled beer, probably 6 wine choices, mini martinis and sort of the standard drinks. You can also get soft drinks and water.

Drinks are not supposed to be taken out of the venue. Of course if there are coupons this does not apply and you are limited to 3 beverages per day. Have never seen a problem in leaving with a can of soda.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mini" martinis, unless it's a auto-correct typo. I order Manhattans and cosmos, and they are definitely full sized!!

I'm not sure what you mean by "mini" martinis, unless it's a auto-correct typo. I order Manhattans and cosmos, and they are definitely full sized!!

Maybe the "Martini Flight" which is served at the Martini Bar, it consists of several mini martini's, not sure of the number but probably 8 or so. They serve them after an elaborate show at the bar. That would actually be perfect to bring back to your room if you can figure out how to get them there. They would probably not apply on the coupons, anyway the OPS cruise is probably over.

Edited by dkjretired

If they use coupons for drinks you get them all at once on the first day, they are dated so you can only use tem on that date

We've done at least 15 cruises as Elite/Elite Plus and the only time we've seen coupons being used is for transatlantics.

The use of coupons vs cocktail hour in the sky lounge is determined by the number of Captain Club members on the cruise per the CC host on our last cruise.Transatlantic cruises tend to have many more CC members so we can use many lounges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can still use your coupons in the sky lounge. On our Silhouette TA this year, many people were there and the usual appetizers were served. On other cruises we have found that they are much less strict about taking drinks from the lounge when most people have drink packages.

Sheila

If you don't use all your coupons just get a couple bottles of unopened water or a soft drink and you can take it with you. We've done that a lot.

We've had vouchers on transatlantics and on Caribbean cruises. Every single time we've had the party in the sky lounge where they took the vouchers sometimes and sometimes they just kept serving you as much as you wanted. There were pretty nice appetizers served. On these occasions they ALSO let you use your vouchers in any of the lounges. So really anywhere on the ship. We always like the Sky Lounge because it's beautiful there are sunset. And we can get a quick bite to eat since we have dinner late.

They are also used on the 14 night New England/Canada cruises.

But not when I did New England/Canada aboard Summit in October 2014...

The decision to use/not use drink coupons is based upon the number of Elite, Elite +, and Zenith members aboard [yes, I've met several who prefer the nightly Captain's Club cocktail gathering to Michael's Club] and whether or not they can be comfortably accommodated in the venue [generally, Sky Lounge on the Solstice-class ships] that is consistently available for the get-together...

While it is true that longer sailings tend to attract more Captain's Club members eligible for attendance at the cocktail hour, cruise length itself is not always a predictor... I've been on two week [or longer] cruises in which coupons have not been used; the venue was more than sufficient for the group with only part of it reserved for Captain's Club... And I've been on seven night cruises to the Caribbean during which coupons have been issued...

The proliferation of drink packages has certainly changed the attendance dynamic but a Hostess--not sure if it is her choice or Celebrity practice--told me recently that she makes the coupon/no coupon decision in anticipation that the vast majority will attend the Captain's Club event...